Help me find a new bumper with NO REFELCTORS

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-12, 02:07 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find a new bumper with NO REFELCTORS

Ok, so here's the story:

Last year someone smacked into my rear bumper when I was parked. I have no idea who did it, but MY insurance fixed it. Up until today I had no complaints with the shop that fixed it....until recently. Lately I notice that my bumper was not aligning up where it meets the rear quarter panel (by the rear passenger wheel).

I took it in, because my insurance has a lifetime guarantee on any work their shops conduct. They were really nice about it and took my car to the back to inspect. They came back a while later and said, "I'm sorry you had to go thru this, but your whole bumper needs to be replaced." And then something about plastic not lining up with age...blah blah blah. Then he tells me they have to replace it with an "Aftermarket" bumper and NOT a Lexus bumper!

At first I was like YEAH RIGHT, but then I asked, "Hey, if I can find an aftermarket bumper with NO REFELCTORS....would that still count? Could you guys put that bumper on?"

He tells me, "Sure, just tell me where to buy it from and I'll order it."

Soooooo this little mishap of theirs is basically getting me a bumper with no reflectors, I just have to tell him where to buy it and stay within their $301.00 limit they would have spent on the part (bumper). Does anyone know where I can find that bumper? If it cost more than that, I'm sure I can just pay the difference.
Old 09-11-12, 02:24 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Ok? I don't get why you would have to get a bumper with no reflectors. And why can't the shop get a oem bumper? More importantly why wouldn't u set ur foot down and demand a oem bumper since that's what you had?
Old 09-11-12, 02:34 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Ok? I don't get why you would have to get a bumper with no reflectors. And why can't the shop get a oem bumper? More importantly why wouldn't u set ur foot down and demand a oem bumper since that's what you had?

Man, there's always someone trying to scold you or tell you the way you "should have done it"

I WANT the bumper with no reflectors. That's what I want....end 'O story. Oh and I'm pretty sure they would get the OEM bumper....but you're missing the point here. He said aftermarket and I saw that little lightbulb above my head light up. I know OEM is king, but I have enough "aftermarket" parts on my car already.....why, because it's my taste bro. That's why we chose to mod our cars right? Anyway, I appreciate you're concern. All I was asking was help finding a bumper with no reflectors.....because it would look SOOOO much cleaner....maybe not to you, but to me it would.

I think Element has a bumper with no reflectors, but does anyone know if you can een find one of those anymore?
Old 09-11-12, 03:12 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

No one was scolding u or tellin u what to do man. The way you worded your story you made it sound like the bodyshop was bsing you and you were being a push over about it so I was simply giving you advice to not settle for something just bc the body shop was being cheap and don't want to give you what you're entitled to. If you want a bumper with no reflectors good for you. Haven't seen it for the 2IS your best bet is to just get one from a junk yard or eBay and have the body shop fill it with bondo and fiberglass.
Old 09-11-12, 04:21 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

just have them shave them off. There's only one complete rear that I know of and I don't even want to show you cause it's horrible! Another option is the eBay IS F rear conversion. It'll only cost a little bit out of pocket but does have IS F reflectors.
Old 09-11-12, 05:25 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
just have them shave them off. There's only one complete rear that I know of and I don't even want to show you cause it's horrible! Another option is the eBay IS F rear conversion. It'll only cost a little bit out of pocket but does have IS F reflectors.
Yeah I asked them about just filling the holes in, and he told me it would be a lot of work because the bumper is plastic. He told me that they have welded plastic together before but it was very labor intensive to get all the curves right and there would be a lot of bondo as well.....which could lead to future cracks because of the amount.

I did think about the IS-F bumper too, but I'm wondering if my HKS exhaust would look funny with it. I'd probably have to modify it. I may actually go this route though. It seems like it would be easier.
Old 09-11-12, 08:05 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ELEMENT 114..although I didn't read the thread..someone can expound on the Element 114 or whatever the no reflectors bumper company is called...
Old 09-11-12, 09:17 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
ELEMENT 114..although I didn't read the thread..someone can expound on the Element 114 or whatever the no reflectors bumper company is called...
it is discontinued and only one member had it that I can remember.
Attached Thumbnails Help me find a new bumper with NO REFELCTORS-element-114-rear-bumper.jpg  
Old 09-13-12, 06:35 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

after viewing the above pic, I actually like my reflectors....or i feel that the bumper actually needs the reflectors to add some spunk to the rear...just my OPINION...no hate on the OP....
Old 09-14-12, 04:25 AM
balanced
Driver

I'm with the OP. I really like the pic above and wish I didnt' have the reflecters either...
Old 09-14-12, 05:33 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
after viewing the above pic, I actually like my reflectors....or i feel that the bumper actually needs the reflectors to add some spunk to the rear...just my OPINION...no hate on the OP....
I'm diggin the reflectors too now...