Search this Thread

Old 08-26-12, 10:25 PM
Orozco27
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiekay
stock shocks?
Originally Posted by Nikon
same question... are you still running stock shocks?
yes i am and rides real smooth still
Old 08-28-12, 07:01 PM
MNIVET
Driver School Candidate

Bad *** drop!
Should I sell my Eibachs and get the roadmagnets? I hate my Eibachs!!!! Not enough of a drop :-/

Last edited by MNIVET; 08-28-12 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-28-12, 07:39 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^ i'm contemplating between H&R and road magnets now. but i also like the slightly lower front drop of the s-techs to help with the taller rear tires........ ugh so many choices in springs!
Old 08-28-12, 08:10 PM
Orozco27
Driver

^ i'm contemplating between H&R and road magnets now. but i also like the slightly lower front drop of the s-techs to help with the taller rear tires........ ugh so many choices in springs!
Originally Posted by MNIVET
Bad *** drop!
Should I sell my Eibachs and get the roadmagnets? I hate my Eibachs!!!! Not enough of a drop :-/
both of you guys i would recommend these springs there a good drop all around, i get compliments on how my nice my car looks now... i say get them
Old 08-31-12, 06:20 AM
jahson954
Driver School Candidate

Im diggin it
Old 08-31-12, 08:03 AM
bboysunone
Driver

+1 on RM. I got those for 6 months now. Loving it.
Old 08-31-12, 10:02 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm also trying to decide between Tein S-Techs, H&Rs, or Road Magnets.. I won't be ordering them any time soon, but I need opinions. I want to be low (who doesn't? lol), but I dont want to scrape/bottom out whenever I go over a dip. I also want the ride to be as smooth as possible, which I know is usually something you have to give up. I know Teins are softer springs, but how are the Road Magnets? Suitable for a DD?
Old 08-31-12, 10:11 AM
eddiekay
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good, been wanting to get these for a while,

any consequences in still using stock shocks?
Old 08-31-12, 06:43 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
I'm also trying to decide between Tein S-Techs, H&Rs, or Road Magnets.. I won't be ordering them any time soon, but I need opinions. I want to be low (who doesn't? lol), but I dont want to scrape/bottom out whenever I go over a dip. I also want the ride to be as smooth as possible, which I know is usually something you have to give up. I know Teins are softer springs, but how are the Road Magnets? Suitable for a DD?
everyone keeps telling me just get H&Rs. it feels like a big purchase even though they aren't very expensive. i'd like to be low as possible without being coilover low and having to be super super careful pulling into driveways and whatnot. all lowering springs are going to stiffen the ride so i wonder if "soft" s-techs might mean more comfortable?

i'm worried basically i'll take everyone's advice and get the H&Rs but then wish i was as low as the road magnets.

and then the whole stock shock thing everyone keeps asking about doesn't seem to have a solid response as to if your shocks will still work the same being on a car lowered 2".
Old 08-31-12, 10:42 PM
Orozco27
Driver

everyone keeps telling me just get H&Rs. it feels like a big purchase even though they aren't very expensive. i'd like to be low as possible without being coilover low and having to be super super careful pulling into driveways and whatnot. all lowering springs are going to stiffen the ride so i wonder if "soft" s-techs might mean more comfortable?

i'm worried basically i'll take everyone's advice and get the H&Rs but then wish i was as low as the road magnets.

and then the whole stock shock thing everyone keeps asking about doesn't seem to have a solid response as to if your shocks will still work the same being on a car lowered 2".
Originally Posted by sm1ke
u guys wont get any lower then road magnet... the ride is still smooth only difference i see is just u feel the road a little more but its not bad i dont regret on geting these, and about scraping its not bad ive only scraped life a few times but its because i went head on, on a dip but other then that these are one of the best springs ive had so far
Old 05-12-13, 05:23 PM
ISOhana
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camber kit?

Did you get a camber kit?
Old 01-09-14, 06:55 PM
Reyrey
Driver School Candidate

Chamber problems???
Old 01-10-14, 08:38 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any rubbing issues with bigger wheels, well have 18s just wondering... Looks real nice now im also contemplating between RM and H&Rs does anyone know what would be the best aftermarket strut to rub with any lowering springs
Old 01-10-14, 08:57 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Just buy coilovers. The amount you're spending when buying springs and shocks separately will be as much as a decent set of coilovers. Not to mention the labour cost to install springs and shocks will be higher because the shop will have to compress the springs, install them onto the shocks, and then install the combo. With a coilover its a much easier swap, you literally unbolt the shock/spring assembly and reinstall the coilover in its place. On top of that, you get ride height adjustability and damper adjustability in most cases, which lets you control ride quality to a certain degree. The only spring/strut combo that let's you do all that is a set of Ground Control coilover sleeves paired with Koni Yellow struts (the coilover sleeves allow you to adjust height, and the struts have different damper settings).

BC coils have the dampers valved for the springs that come with them, so overall it will be a much more comfortable ride than buying shocks and springs separately.

Save yourselves the headaches and do it right the first time. Buy decent coilovers.
Old 01-10-14, 09:52 AM
flattire
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sm1ke is right, if your going to buy springs and shocks then just go ahead and get some coils it will end up being the same price. And you will be able to adjust everything to your liking where as with springs you are stuck with what you got.
However, if you are just looking for a good drop with stock shocks for $300 then go ahead and get some road magnets or H&R's. I love my H&R springs tho : Awesome drop, good ride quality, good handling, and a good price!
And btw as for Orozco27 you need some spacers my man =D

Quick Reply: pics of my IS250 on road magnet springs