Search this Thread

Old 03-27-14, 02:03 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha

Ugh.

I have the same crap in my GS350.

Everyone please help report this to the NHTSA for recall consideration. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Last edited by pman6; 03-27-14 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-27-14, 08:57 AM
Serifiyah
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you can get it repaired at Radar-mirror.com for $100. I have the black spots too, just haven't had time to get it fixed.
http://radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-250-a-2.html
Old 03-27-14, 12:06 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh damn, that looks crazy. Luckily I don't have any of these in both IS. May be I will look at it more closely to see if there is any black tiger skin mark on it. Anyone have the link for the TSB?
Old 03-27-14, 03:20 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Oh damn, that looks crazy. Luckily I don't have any of these in both IS. May be I will look at it more closely to see if there is any black tiger skin mark on it. Anyone have the link for the TSB?
There is NO TSB, that's the issue at hand. It seems to be happening to many IS 5-6 years old. Right after warranty expires. And Lexus won't do anything about it.
Old 04-01-14, 06:38 AM
robbieca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any luck with the extended warranty covering this?
Old 04-01-14, 06:59 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by robbieca
Hmmm. I have aftermarket extented warranty on my 07. Will try to see if it covers it. This or repair from website mentioned.
Old 04-01-14, 12:40 PM
robbieca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by istarzan
Hmmm. I have aftermarket extented warranty on my 07. Will try to see if it covers it. This or repair from website mentioned.
Covered, replaced and done in 45 mins! I have used this CPO warranty way more than I ever expected
Old 04-09-14, 07:32 PM
biiishplz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robbieca
Lexus Platinum VSA covered it on my '07 while it was still within the warranty period (mine expired in February). It had the mirror spots (in a weird overlapping rounded square pattern) when I bought the car about a year and a half ago.
Old 07-09-15, 06:25 PM
vibolp
Driver School Candidate

Default Replacing the mirror w/ extended mirror?

Have anyone tried replacing the mirror w/ extended mirror onto of the rear view mirror. Mine is doing the streaks and I cannot see anything.

Would something like this work? My concern is the the rear mirror is so thick that these aftermarket extended mirrors wont clamp on. Any thoughts?

http://www.carid.com/k-source/rear-view-mirror-extension-mpn-rm011.html?gclid=CJSvtbmzz8YCFUSBfgodXRcEVA
Old 01-16-17, 12:15 PM
Nightofire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Serifiyah
I think you can get it repaired at Radar-mirror.com for $100. I have the black spots too, just haven't had time to get it fixed.
http://radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-250-a-2.html

Just called Radar, its $99 + shipping for them to repair it and $89 + shipping for them to send you the glass, not much savings for DIY. I have searched on the net as well as the forum and had no luck to find an alternative for the glass replacement itself. Anyone have any new info. Thanks
Old 01-16-17, 05:07 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
There is NO TSB, that's the issue at hand. It seems to be happening to many IS 5-6 years old. Right after warranty expires. And Lexus won't do anything about it.
I know this is an older thread, but there is a TSB, it is L-SB-0186-09 and it was released in 2009.

That said, this issue only affected older models, all of which would now be outside of the warranty coverage (4 years).

Jeff
Old 01-16-17, 06:30 PM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightofire
Just called Radar, its $99 + shipping for them to repair it and $89 + shipping for them to send you the glass, not much savings for DIY. I have searched on the net as well as the forum and had no luck to find an alternative for the glass replacement itself. Anyone have any new info. Thanks
My 2006 IS350 had a very bad Rear View Mirror with black spots all over it. I managed (lucky) to find a clean one (the whole Rear View Mirror) on www.car-parts.com for $35 out of Arkansas (AA Imports).
Old 01-16-17, 07:39 PM
Nightofire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrfix
My 2006 IS350 had a very bad Rear View Mirror with black spots all over it. I managed (lucky) to find a clean one (the whole Rear View Mirror) on www.car-parts.com for $35 out of Arkansas (AA Imports).

Just checked with no luck, are they really this hard to find???
Old 01-17-17, 07:55 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I know this is an older thread, but there is a TSB, it is L-SB-0186-09 and it was released in 2009.

That said, this issue only affected older models, all of which would now be outside of the warranty coverage (4 years).

Jeff
so there is a TSB but it's not valid outside of the warranty period? Shouldn't all TSBs be covered regardless?!
Old 01-17-17, 08:34 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange

Jeff
Any chance if the 10+ mirrors would plug and play on an 08? Or would we need the wire from the TSB? Thought about getting a new Gentex frameless mirror, but eh, don't feel like it'd go with the interior. Not a fan of repairing mine either, hate the buttons on the bottom of the unit. My RX mirror has a slightly different button layout from the 10 mirrors, so I don't really want to yank it off and check.

Originally Posted by TimboIS
so there is a TSB but it's not valid outside of the warranty period? Shouldn't all TSBs be covered regardless?!
No, TSB's are usually minor problems/annoyances that the manufacturers feel is not a big enough issue to recall. Usually only covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

Quick Reply: ?? about Black spots on Rearview Mirror