IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

XenonDepot - Customer Service is second to none.

Old 08-23-12, 12:09 PM
TiLongLFC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XenonDepot - Customer Service is second to none.

I'd just like to give a big thanks to the team over at XenonDepot (Steve, Danny).

I had placed an order for my Xtreme HID H11 kit with Philips bulbs (4300K) and Volt HID kit (6000K) for my fog lights a little over 2 weeks ago and got my kits within a week.

Got home from work and installed them right away. The instructions were spot on so I didn't run into any problems during install except for my 9006 Fog light kits were a lot 'yellower' than 6000K.

Sure enough I looked at the box and I had received the wrong bulbs (3000K).

Waited until the next day and sent an email to customer service with pictures of the wrong bulb and spoke with Danny on the phone. He confirmed that indeed the wrong bulbs had been sent out with my order and he working on sending me the correct 6000K bulbs without any hassle.

Today I just got back in town from Vegas and waiting on my door steps at work are my new replacement bulbs. Can't wait to install them and take some pictures!

Sorry for the long read guys but I'm just very pleased with the customer service I have just received from the team. I think any company who goes out of their way to provide great customer service needs to be shown some gratitude.

So thanks guys!

NEW Bulbs arrived.

Old 08-23-12, 12:22 PM
Hondadna4
Rookie

Is the buld really yellow or is it that silver metal finsh??? I have 3000k for fogs and it looks pretty good but i always want that extra **** yellow when its raining and foggy outside'
Old 08-23-12, 12:22 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have nothing but good things to say about Steve over at Xenondepot. They provide great customer service and have great products!

On a side note, are the bulb capsules yellow??? Or is that just the way the light shines? Do you have pics of both lights installed? Im interested in seeing how yellow the 3K bulbs are
Old 08-23-12, 12:24 PM
TiLongLFC
Driver School Candidate

I'm at work right now but I'll be sure to take pictures of both lights installed and post them up for you guys to see. The bulb capsules are clear from what I can remember. It's only when the shine a light at it from the bottom that you can see the yellow in the bulb. Perhaps Steve could explain it more in detail lol.
Old 08-23-12, 12:29 PM
SL222
Rookie

+10

Got my kit within a week here in canada.
Ran into issues installing a the extreme kit without relays, gave them a call and was told that lexus usly have no problems without the relays and that I try switching the polarity.

Of course, that was the issue resolved in less then 2 mins over the phone.
Works perfect so far!
Old 08-23-12, 12:38 PM
TiLongLFC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SL222
+10

Got my kit within a week here in canada.
Ran into issues installing a the extreme kit without relays, gave them a call and was told that lexus usly have no problems without the relays and that I try switching the polarity.

Of course, that was the issue resolved in less then 2 mins over the phone.
Works perfect so far!
Hah yeah that was my problem too.

Of course the 'man' in me tried to do it without instructions until I finally decided to check the instructions and there it was...the solution.
Old 08-23-12, 03:28 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

TiLongLFC: Thank you so much for taking the time to post up feedback on the board! It's always nice when customers take a moment to post up positive feedback as people usually are quick negative feedback.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but I am glad to hear that you are satisfied with your purchase and the service you received! The 3000k bulbs do have a special coating on them to get an even more yellow color. To clarify, our bulbs are not simply 4300k bulbs dipped in yellow. They are true 3000k bulbs however the yellow coating helps provide an even "yellower" appearance. Hopefully the pics you post can show the color output =)

bob4256 & SL222: Thanks guys! I appreciate you stepping in as well =)

Steve
Old 08-23-12, 04:25 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Please make sure to post pics! Im on a mission to get the deepest jdm yellow color!
Old 08-24-12, 08:20 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

lol I hope your search is over!
Old 08-24-12, 08:54 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
lol I hope your search is over!
Well I heard that the raptor ballasts that DDM tunning offers, along with their 3K bulbs, produce a really nice golden color.

I used to have HIDXtra 3K bulbs with some yellow overalys, which were very yellow, but not as yellow as the DDM tunning setup

Im most likely going to order these 3K bulbs from you Steve after I see the pics!
Old 08-24-12, 09:02 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

cool! Color output has to do with the bulbs as opposed to the ballasts. Be ver wary of low grade ballasts and bulbs though as the last thing you want to do is damage your vehicle.

Steve
Old 08-24-12, 10:19 AM
TiLongLFC
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. Finally got to take the pictures. Sorry it took so long!

Edit: Just realized I didn't take any pictures of just the fogs on by themselves. Stupid me lol. I still have them on so I'll take some more pics tonight and upload them.

Old 08-24-12, 02:42 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks for taking the time to post up some pictures of the XenonDepot HID kits =)

For anyone interested in a XenonDepot HID kit make sure to take advantage of the current promotion we have going on as it literally the LOWEST we have ever sold our products for!

Steve
Old 08-24-12, 03:02 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
TiLongLFC: Thank you so much for taking the time to post up feedback on the board! It's always nice when customers take a moment to post up positive feedback as people usually are quick negative feedback.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but I am glad to hear that you are satisfied with your purchase and the service you received! The 3000k bulbs do have a special coating on them to get an even more yellow color. To clarify, our bulbs are not simply 4300k bulbs dipped in yellow. They are true 3000k bulbs however the yellow coating helps provide an even "yellower" appearance. Hopefully the pics you post can show the color output =)

bob4256 & SL222: Thanks guys! I appreciate you stepping in as well =)

Steve
I think this is really important fact for people who wants true 3k in their fogs. I have ddm and they are not nice and yellow like xenon depot.
Old 08-24-12, 03:21 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't had interactions with Danny but Steve is awesome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XenonDepot - Customer Service is second to none.