DIY: Engine Air Filter
1. Open the hood and look towards the passenger side. You should see a cover with three push clips and a plastic nut.
Close up of plastic nut like thing. You will need a flat head screw driver.
2. To remove the push clips - push the center piece down with a screw driver or pen.. You should hear a click when this happens. You don't need to push too hard to get the center piece to push down.
Its hard to see but this is what they look like pushed down. The center piece won't be flush anymore with outer ring.
3. Once you remove the three clips and the nut you can remove the plastic cover.
4. After the cover is off you can disconnect this wire if you need. Just push down on the tab and pull. Mine came off easy.
5. Once the plastic cover is out of the way you will see 4 clips that you can easily push out to free the filter cover.
These two are plain sight.
For the third one you may need to pull up the plastic cover a little to reveal it.
The fourth clip is a little different from the other three and its located just a bit further under the plastic cover.
You definately need to becareful with this clip. Do not push down too hard or it may drop down further into the Engine bay. Took me a good 15 minutes to find by tapping the plastic cover at the bottom and listening to the sound. Finally found and luckily it was stuck in the space between two plastic covers so I was able to painfully squeeze my fingers in there to get it out.
6. With the clips removed you should be able to pull the cover up just enough to remove the dirty filter from the left side.
Side by side comparison. Put the new filter back in the same way you took the old one out. It only fits one way so you really can't mess it up.
7. Use the wix filter that I bought at O'Reilly's.
8. Put the cover back cover the filter and push the 4 clips back on with the plastic cover.
You are finished!!!
While looking for the metal clip that fell I found this push clip in my grill...lol! I was wondering where that missing push clip was.
There you have it guys! Hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know!