IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Selling the AWD IS350 :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 01:30 PM
Trza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Selling the AWD IS350 :(

Well fellas, it's been quite the run. It's funny how kids change your whole outlook on life When I first purchased the car, I thought I could for sure get away with the space in the backseat...afterall the carseat did fit during the test drive. Then your kid turns 3 and continues to grow at an alarming pace. Then along comes another child, and one day it hit me. I made a compromise to have a sporty quick car but in essence gave up the comfort/space and safety of my children. Sure I opted for the AWD version to get me through the winters, but having both kids cramed in the backseat and being quite a bit lower than other cars on the road was getting me worried.

I anticipate before the end of the week that my car will be sold. I have a couple of buyers and if all else fails, the dealership has given me an attractive offer on a trade in which I will not be upside down. If you are all wondering what I am getting into next, well it will blow your mind!

I'm looking at getting a Toyota Tundra Crew Max...yeah I'm trading my Lexus in for a truck haha! Never thought I would see the day. But this way, we are higher up, tons of space for 2 carseats, never having to angle over speed bumps and parking lots and best of all tons of clearance for the harsh winters. As well, I'm sure all you home owners can appreciate the usefullness of having a truck

Thanks for hearing me out guys, and if I do end up trading it in, I will have a few items up for sale. Mainly the wheels, Tanabe exhaust, OEM spoiler and Carbon fiber roof spoiler. This is how my car sits now...obviously, I will still be around since this is such a wonderful community.

Old 08-07-12, 01:41 PM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sharp car, if i was going to get a truck it would be a tundra. Probably the best all around engine on the market.
Old 08-07-12, 01:46 PM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous car. Sad to see it go. But the Tundras are amazing. If you do sell the wheels I would be VERY interested.
Old 08-07-12, 01:50 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to see you go....that's why you have to get the RX for the kids and keep the IS!
Old 08-07-12, 01:56 PM
Trza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickin8
Sorry to see you go....that's why you have to get the RX for the kids and keep the IS!
Haha, I thought about getting an SUV...but my wife has a Highlander and we didn't want to have two SUV's in the garage. And the trucks are just so handy! My brother in law definitely is happy...I wont have to call him every other weekend to help me bring home large items from Home Depot
Old 08-07-12, 04:25 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaMitsuMan
Gorgeous car. Sad to see it go. But the Tundras are amazing. If you do sell the wheels I would be VERY interested.
He lives in Alberta, Canada. Looking at the pictures, and the number plate on the house, I am assuming Edmonton. Shipping to WI will be a pain for both of you.
Old 08-07-12, 04:36 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Car looks good I hope ure upgrading to the new GS,ES or LS
Old 08-07-12, 04:48 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clean looking ride, it'll be sad to see it go. but GL with the truck, hope it doesnt kill your wallet at the pump though.
Old 08-07-12, 04:52 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep the IS!!! You could go with a GS, Camry, or Sienna if you needed more space for the kids!
Old 08-07-12, 05:02 PM
diablo1714
Driver

Hey life is full of different stages. You're now in new beautiful one with family. One day, your sporty itch will come back. Until then, Enjoy the Tundra
Old 08-07-12, 05:38 PM
k3u
Driver School Candidate

Go for the 2013 LS460, that thing is one spacious car! Hehehe. :P

By the way your car is clean as hell, love everything about it.
Old 08-07-12, 06:17 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow. I remember you being one of the first people here to get the AWD IS350 and it looks pretty good! Glad to hear you found something else that you liked.
Old 08-07-12, 06:25 PM
DaMitsuMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by My0gr81
He lives in Alberta, Canada. Looking at the pictures, and the number plate on the house, I am assuming Edmonton. Shipping to WI will be a pain for both of you.
Whoops, didn't catch that. Well either way good luck with whatever the OP decides to get.
Old 08-07-12, 06:26 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Trza
Haha, I thought about getting an SUV...but my wife has a Highlander and we didn't want to have two SUV's in the garage.
I sometimes pass by this house that has 2 RX350 in the driveway. Same color, same yar, same everything!
Old 08-07-12, 06:50 PM
Trza
Pole Position

He lives in Alberta, Canada. Looking at the pictures, and the number plate on the house, I am assuming Edmonton. Shipping to WI will be a pain for both of you
^Haha, nice detective work!

clean looking ride, it'll be sad to see it go. but GL with the truck, hope it doesnt kill your wallet at the pump though.
Yeah, definitely going to be a change in fuel consumption, but you cant really stay away from it when you go for the size. One thing though is no more premium fuel!

Hey life is full of different stages. You're now in new beautiful one with family. One day, your sporty itch will come back. Until then, Enjoy the Tundra
Already told my wife that after the kids are out of boosters it's perfect timing for a Porsche Preferably a 911 where you can technically have room for 2 kids in the back

Wow. I remember you being one of the first people here to get the AWD IS350 and it looks pretty good! Glad to hear you found something else that you liked.
Yeah, I was so excited to receive my car. Ordered it in Oct 2010...for all the members where the IS still fits into your lifestyle, savour it! I will miss it dearly and be jealous everytime i drive by a modded IS. It still is in my eyes one of the sharpest looking cars on the road today...even though its been out forever

Quick Reply: Selling the AWD IS350 :(