IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Old 03-07-13, 05:03 AM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELP PLEASE,

Started up the car this morning and got no screen, the backlights dont work either. But the radio is playing. Anyone think it might he a fuse problem??

If so where is the fuse at?
Old 03-07-13, 08:56 AM
felo2081
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The IS has 3 fuse boxes one under the glove box, one under the steering, wheel and under the hood. I believe the one u r looking for it under the glove box if I'm not mistaking!
Old 03-07-13, 09:48 AM
IamNate
Driver

Originally Posted by Damaster32
HELP PLEASE,

Started up the car this morning and got no screen, the backlights dont work either. But the radio is playing. Anyone think it might he a fuse problem??

OMG I had the same problem, the Hazard button was the only light that was working and when I pressed it, it still worked. Have you done anything to your unit (trying to fix temp/time issue?)
Old 03-07-13, 10:36 AM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IamNate
OMG I had the same problem, the Hazard button was the only light that was working and when I pressed it, it still worked. Have you done anything to your unit (trying to fix temp/time issue?)
Nope, The AIR BAG right is on also in the car. The Radio CD player unit works since its OEM, but theres no screen and none of the buttons on the unit work. no light. Do you think its a fuse problem since the radio still works?
Old 03-07-13, 10:49 AM
IamNate
Driver

Nope, The AIR BAG right is on also in the car. The Radio CD player unit works since its OEM, but theres no screen and none of the buttons on the unit work. no light. Do you think its a fuse problem since the radio still works?
Well I fixed mine by having the car running pull the unit out and unplug and replug in each plug and then the screen came back on and lights all back. 4 days in and everything is still working. I think if your radio is working (as was mine with no screen) the fuse is still good I checked all mine several times. Try my suggestion, pull the unit out and individually unplug each connector (not all at the same time) and see if that helps.
Old 03-07-13, 06:22 PM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IamNate
Well I fixed mine by having the car running pull the unit out and unplug and replug in each plug and then the screen came back on and lights all back. 4 days in and everything is still working. I think if your radio is working (as was mine with no screen) the fuse is still good I checked all mine several times. Try my suggestion, pull the unit out and individually unplug each connector (not all at the same time) and see if that helps.
thanks, will try this weekend
Old 03-08-13, 09:05 AM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

HELP PLEASE,

I had the same problem a month ago. Tried the easiest thing first: I unhooked the negative battery cable, waited a minute, hooked it back up, voila, everything working again. All good so far. Try that first.
Old 03-08-13, 02:44 PM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4LisaJean
I had the same problem a month ago. Tried the easiest thing first: I unhooked the negative battery cable, waited a minute, hooked it back up, voila, everything working again. All good so far. Try that first.
That worked. Thanks, hope it doesn't happen all the time.
Old 03-14-13, 09:05 AM
joedr
Rookie

Has anyone installed the Flyaudio system on a Mark Levinson system?

I have found a few threads about going non-nav to nav using the OEM equipment but have not found a conclusive answer that it can or cannot be done.

My car is an IS350 2008.
Old 03-29-13, 08:25 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got my hands on a unit but still in shipping. Had a few quick questions hoping someone can answer:

Does anyone know how many cameras the system can support? I am running an aftermarket backup cam to an external screen, but was thinking about installing a camera on the front bumper also.

Lastly - does the backup cam only turn on when shifted to reverse, or is there an option to keep it on? Right now my backup cam is tapped into the reverse power lights, not sure if i will have to connect it to the nav's power source instead or can i leave it tapped into reverse lights?
Old 04-03-13, 06:51 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone know what to do with the BLUE reverse wire in order for the back up camera to work? Does it need to be grounded or wired to a 12V source?
Old 04-04-13, 02:40 AM
felo2081
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't remember the colors since its been so long since I did mine, but u have to run one to the unit, the the reverse signal one I hook it up to the actual reverse rear light and I ground it to a bolt in the trunk. The camera should come with a diagram of which color it's what!
Old 04-04-13, 06:02 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by felo2081
I can't remember the colors since its been so long since I did mine, but u have to run one to the unit, the the reverse signal one I hook it up to the actual reverse rear light and I ground it to a bolt in the trunk. The camera should come with a diagram of which color it's what!
Thanks for the help, hopefully to clarify, these are the 3 wires for the reverse cam. I already have an aftermarket one wired into a standalone screen, but since i have this unit now, trying to wire it to the navi screen.
  1. CCD Yellow RCA Input - Connected this to the RCA output on the camera
  2. REVERSE wire (Blue) - Not sure what to do with this? should i ground or connect to 12v?
  3. CCD + 12v wire - Not sure what to do with this either...

Last edited by pmanliu; 04-04-13 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-05-13, 10:08 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

quickly whipped this out to replace the factory start up logo in case anyone else wants to do the same

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer-r8dulv7.png

*MAKE SURE YOU RENAME THE FILE TO LOGO.BMP AND OPEN IT IN PAINT AND SAVE IT AS A 24 BIT MAP IMAGE FIRST*
Old 04-07-13, 08:11 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

thank you for sharing!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer