IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Old 12-07-12, 10:30 AM
gaccord32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting for my unit to be delivered and I was wondering if there was a sub out on the unit that I could run my subs off of it.
Old 12-07-12, 11:23 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Installed the FA unit in my car, I know this isnt the FA thread, however this thread is more active. Heres my problem... My unit is great, the backup camera is excellent... but at night I get little to no visibility on my screen.... It almost looks like a haze, Im not sure how cars with factory backup cameras are set up, or they get more light. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-07-12, 11:40 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I haven't put in a camera, so I'm not sure, but it might be a defective camera.
Originally Posted by gaccord32
I am waiting for my unit to be delivered and I was wondering if there was a sub out on the unit that I could run my subs off of it.
There is no sub output. It basically uses whatever that comes with the car -- it adds a DVD, a screen, and nav (and video and audio output cables, but those are RCA connections).
Old 12-07-12, 11:43 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I haven't put in a camera, so I'm not sure, but it might be a defective camera.

There is no sub output. It basically uses whatever that comes with the car -- it adds a DVD, a screen, and nav (and video and audio output cables, but those are RCA connections).
Its not a defective camera I dont think, its just not collecting enough light! Im not sure if the factory Nav IS car has additional brake lights.
Old 12-07-12, 11:52 AM
nosurprise
Racer

I shouldn't said defective ... what I mean is a bad or sub par camera. You can try swapping it out to see if it makes a difference.
Old 12-09-12, 11:42 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Does anyone know what the original temperature setting range in Fahrenheit is for the AC? I'm working with someone that might be able to fix this Celsius display issue, but he might need this information. It should be the highest/lowest number before the unit says "HIGH" or "LOW" and no more adjustments possible.

I might post this else where since probably everyone here already have their setting in Celsius lol
Old 12-09-12, 12:06 PM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

quick question as I wait for my unit to get here also.

Will my satellite radio still work?? or do i have to get a different receiver??
Old 12-10-12, 07:53 PM
tenaciousF
Rookie

Has anyone gotten the unit to fit 100% correctly in an 06-08 with the new vents yet?
Old 12-11-12, 07:04 PM
bonroad
Driver School Candidate

Default yes

Originally Posted by NimaM
I don't see why it can't be installed on an IS350. Maybe they don't have IS350s in China and the seller has no idea about the IS350!
No guy have bought it for IS350,so no one knows exactly.
If someone can check all cables in his IS350 and compare with Roadrover is250 dvd,things will be easier
Old 12-11-12, 07:31 PM
bonroad
Driver School Candidate

Default they are the same item

Originally Posted by Guccimane
thank you, for you answer

But who have 06-2008 car year, please said about units, Is there a difference in color?

You can choose blue or orange colour according your need.
Old 12-11-12, 11:17 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tenaciousF
Has anyone gotten the unit to fit 100% correctly in an 06-08 with the new vents yet?
Check this link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...fitment-3.html

Go to post #41 and there is a member that had the unit fit with the 09+ vents just with some modifications.
Old 12-12-12, 01:49 AM
blui2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TUNG
Check this link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...fitment-3.html

Go to post #41 and there is a member that had the unit fit with the 09+ vents just with some modifications.
Re above comment ^^^ I bought this person's vents from him, think he went back to stock or changed his car (Cant remember which) and he sold me the vents for approx $80. I was looking for vents, but no one has been able to get the Nav and vents to fit in a 2006-08 perfectly. I think its to do with the angle of the chamber behind the vents being different in 06-08 than in 09+

The vents ive bought have been butchered to within an inch of their life but i bought them because he could provide photographic evidence of the fitment. I havent bought the nav yet, too close to Christmas for big spend but have spoken to LSQ and was quoted $640 for Unit, Camera, Igo 9 on SD Card, Shipping to UK and Paypal Fee.

Once i get the unit in New Year and get it all fitted, ill take pics. In meantime, the person i bought it from, the poster of #41 in other thread, is the perfect person to ask how to cut the Vents to make them work in 06-08. The vents he supplied to me are heavily modded!

Hope this helps - Can be done, but very difficult to get fitment right.
Old 12-12-12, 04:59 AM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

I ordered mine late November and its still on back order till, end of December. Just spoke with LSQ
Old 12-12-12, 12:10 PM
M88JCP
Rookie

Originally Posted by blui2
Re above comment ^^^ I bought this person's vents from him, think he went back to stock or changed his car (Cant remember which) and he sold me the vents for approx $80. I was looking for vents, but no one has been able to get the Nav and vents to fit in a 2006-08 perfectly. I think its to do with the angle of the chamber behind the vents being different in 06-08 than in 09+

The vents ive bought have been butchered to within an inch of their life but i bought them because he could provide photographic evidence of the fitment. I havent bought the nav yet, too close to Christmas for big spend but have spoken to LSQ and was quoted $640 for Unit, Camera, Igo 9 on SD Card, Shipping to UK and Paypal Fee.

Once i get the unit in New Year and get it all fitted, ill take pics. In meantime, the person i bought it from, the poster of #41 in other thread, is the perfect person to ask how to cut the Vents to make them work in 06-08. The vents he supplied to me are heavily modded!

Hope this helps - Can be done, but very difficult to get fitment right.
Hi everyone

Following the above, it was myself that had the 09 nav fitted to my 07 car and the vents and nav DID fit perfectly.

I had nothing to go by when I adapted and fitted the vents to fit my car, so had to use abit of enginuity.
To get the vents to fit, you need to trim approx 15-20mm off the very rear of the vents. The two inlets that connect into the dash outlets (very back of the dash where the hot air comes out) are a different diameter and distance apart to the original 06-08 vents. If the compare the back of the new and old vents you will see what I mean. blui2 can verify this and its what I did to the vents I sold him. The only reason i sold them was because I've just brought a brand new AMG Mercedes.

Hope this helps and dispels the myth of, the new vents won't fit an 06 car. Its not true. They WILL fit if you trim the very back of the two vent inlets. The reason they don't fit unmodified is becuase they are too wide for the outlets in the back of the dash and the new and old parts fight to seperate and push against themselves. Trim about 10mm behind the foam padding around the inlet. To try and be more specific, when you close the vents ie the airflow flaps, the cut should finish just behind where the flaps touch the inlets.

Maybe blui2 can post a picture of the vents I sold him

Last edited by M88JCP; 12-12-12 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-12-12, 12:16 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When you say the vents and your nav fit "perfectly".. are you saying that you had zero gap? Can you post pictures of what your "perfect" fit looks like? Very curious as this is what is stopping me from doing this in my 08.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer