IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 06:28 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xpionage2
Do you have a USB port in the centre consule, beside your AUX port?
Yes I do and it works but I did not connect the black cable though
Old 12-03-12, 06:29 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DGNY2009
That may be to far in the car for it to get signal lots of things in there blocking it.

put mine under that cover in the center on the dash on top had to make a metal bracket for the hole in the middle of it and shave the inside of the cover some but i get grate signal. and its hidden.
Can it be a setting though? Because when I press the 'looking for satellites' tab i see 3 or 4 red bars with numbers (and red dots on a compass), aren't these the satellites?
Old 12-03-12, 07:34 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by Asher
is it just me or everyone have that issue ?airbag light dosnt come on at all pls let me know
Yeah, the airbag light doesn't work at all...just passenger seatbelt.
Old 12-03-12, 07:56 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Put the gps receiver on top of the tire sensor, which is on top of the unit itself. Just pull the vents out and put the GPS antenna on that box (which is on the left side of the nav unit once you pull the vent out). no modification required to do this. I get a great signal.

Part of the problem with this unit is that some people have to mess with the sys.txt file on the SD card that came with the unit in order to get the GPS to work (that file is in the "Primo" folder on the SD card).

I had to change the port and baud settings to auto...the GPS wouldn't work until I started jacking with the files.
Old 12-03-12, 07:57 AM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

What is the problem? Airbags do not work or just the lamp is not lit? and where on the device? or on the dashboard? Tell me please
Old 12-03-12, 08:06 AM
xpionage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by eightysix
Yes I do and it works but I did not connect the black cable though
You can play mp3 or movies off that USB? Impossible.
Anyway, if you have that USB port, then you have a factory harness that connects to the black cable from the china navi. That's how you watch movies or access files from a USB stick.
Old 12-03-12, 08:13 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xpionage2
You can play mp3 or movies off that USB? Impossible.
Anyway, if you have that USB port, then you have a factory harness that connects to the black cable from the china navi. That's how you watch movies or access files from a USB stick.
Yes when i connect it to my usb in the center armrest i get 'connected to external dock connector' on my ipod, and i can play songs but the unit doesn't show them, i can only skip tracks. maybe that's still connected the original lexus radio like the bluetooth connection?
where do I find the factory harness? because I did not have to unplug anything out of the original radio that fits into the black usb wire
Old 12-03-12, 08:34 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

The reason your USB works is because it's using your original factory CD Changer to play the sound. It won't work with the new unit to play movies or show things on the screen until you plug in the USB cable that comes with the new unit. The outlet is probably under where your factory USB plug is.

Or you can cut the new USB cable and fit it with a regular USB plug then you can have 2 USB plugs !!
Originally Posted by Guccimane
What is the problem? Airbags do not work or just the lamp is not lit? and where on the device? or on the dashboard? Tell me please
It appears only the passenger airbag light doesn't work (they probably gone cheap and didn't put one in at all -- like the clock). I got it from here. http://szlsqstar.en.alibaba.com/prod...vd_player.html
Old 12-03-12, 08:49 AM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
The reason your USB works is because it's using your original factory CD Changer to play the sound. It won't work with the new unit to play movies or show things on the screen until you plug in the USB cable that comes with the new unit. The outlet is probably under where your factory USB plug is.

Or you can cut the new USB cable and fit it with a regular USB plug then you can have 2 USB plugs !!

It appears only the passenger airbag light doesn't work (they probably gone cheap and didn't put one in at all -- like the clock). I got it from here. http://szlsqstar.en.alibaba.com/prod...vd_player.html
Got it thanks, it must have them as an option? They can make it for a fee?.
I will probably buy from bonroad Eelanie it was here on the forum
Old 12-03-12, 11:12 AM
sudipminha
Driver School Candidate

Hi
I do not want to sound too stupid but the sd(micro) on my unit has only the navigation iGO primo files on it but to change the original picture I would have to go into the WinCE root how do I do that with SD card or even a USB connection to my laptop?
Thank you for your time.
Sudip
Old 12-03-12, 11:26 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

Placed my gps receiver on the dash to see if that caused any reception issue but till can't get any lock to satellites although I have red bars which are lit up.
My unit came without an SD card, can anybody tell me what primo they are running successfully and what values you have in the sys.txt file under gps (baud and port) settings?
Old 12-03-12, 01:19 PM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

after letting it run for 20 minutes with the gps receiver on the dash and the correct port and baud rate I've picked up maximum 3 or 4 satellites, most of the time 2 satellites. Not really enough to have a smooth connection. Did anyone have this issue as well? should i try to install the gps receiver under the hood to solve this , or buy a better gps receiver? I have no problem with my tomtom or iphone gps
Old 12-03-12, 04:11 PM
DGNY2009
Driver

Placed my gps receiver on the dash to see if that caused any reception issue but till can't get any lock to satellites although I have red bars which are lit up.
My unit came without an SD card, can anybody tell me what primo they are running successfully and what values you have in the sys.txt file under gps (baud and port) settings?
Can it be a setting though? Because when I press the 'looking for satellites' tab i see 3 or 4 red bars with numbers (and red dots on a compass), aren't these the satellites?
sounds like your problem is You need the SD card with the files on it they sold it to me for a extra $10 when i ordered it.....i'm sure you could download the program on to an SD and get it to work or just contact the comp u got it from see if they will sell it to you.

Originally Posted by nosurprise

i got mine from the same company direct from there site i would agree that they cheeped out and didn't instal the light or clock the air bag is active though before i completed my instal i tested the LCD and didn't hook up the air bag plug and started the car and light stayed on the dash hooked it all up and it was gone for the price i dont mind not having the clock and IMO the air bag light was annoying when some one was in the pass seat but i also light my dash at the lowest light setting lol
Old 12-03-12, 04:37 PM
Guccimane
Driver School Candidate

All right and somebody got into a cover Windows or other navigator established, at the Russian forum there is a lot of information on reinsertions of installation of any programs, but I can't understand everything isn't clearly written
Old 12-04-12, 06:57 AM
sudipminha
Driver School Candidate

Go to http://www.navitotal.com/showthread....1)-Torrent-TBM
It has all the information to install the navigation system. Download it on to an SD card and then you will have to go to the system to select the exe. file rest follow on screen instruction. That should most likely resolve your issue with satellites. Keep the sys.txt file the way it is in the download. It works most of the time.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer