IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-17, 04:37 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks Htoo. I had similar prob with climate when fitting Flyaudio type unit to IS with nav. From memory had to re route bus connections as they went in factory nav then out via different pins to climate module.
Anyone actually managed to get one of the horizontal units yet? I can't find anyone who has them in stock
Old 03-27-17, 07:43 AM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great htoo but can you please send pics of how it looks in the daytime. Also pics of how it looks fitted inside the dash? Just wondering how it hold looking at the touchscreen in the early morning sun or mid day.
Old 03-27-17, 10:19 AM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Droth - meanwhile asvegen will not have theirs horizontal unit till June (as they emailed us) why to bay so much for the Taiwan one

the vertical unit like Htoos one is 450 usd (not shipped).. they told me that the units will be available tomorrow or max at Friday; i am willing to buy one

if any one need the skype for the alibaba guys or car-da guys PM me
Old 03-27-17, 03:12 PM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Droth, could you please give me more information on what you did? I don't want to wait two weeks for new box. If I could fix it, I would do it myself.

​​
Old 03-28-17, 12:04 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Htoo take a look at https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-swap.html
This is faq for fitting factory nav to non nav car, take a look at bus wiring mods req, you need to do them backwards from faq to make car wiring same as non nav car (which certainly the Flyaudio / Roadrover units were designed to plug into) Hopefully that will work
Old 03-28-17, 12:46 PM
DaveKAYos
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thonzer horizontal Unit

Hi everybody,
thought you might be interested in an update to the Thonzer unit. I got a new message from my contact person there:

Dear David ,

Good days !

Very very sorry for our long time .We are keep on solving your problem all the time , and our engineer is just come back from Malaysia and have found Solution .

We have improved these problem and sent an new LEXUS DVD TO an old USA customer to install to testing all function , once finish testing and get the test result ,
about at the beginning of 2017-4 . If new lexus dvd test all ok , We can change an new lexus dvd for you .

We look forward to hearing your early reply!
I will keep you updated. Hope they really fixed all the issues.

Btw. don't get mad at me but I personally think the big vertical screen unit is pretty ugly. I don't like how the software looks and the big ugly plastic around it doesn't make it look better and seems not to fit very well. But that's just my opinion. I like the original look most.
Old 03-28-17, 05:35 PM
laovo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveKAYos
Hi everybody,
thought you might be interested in an update to the Thonzer unit. I got a new message from my contact person there:

I will keep you updated. Hope they really fixed all the issues.

Btw. don't get mad at me but I personally think the big vertical screen unit is pretty ugly. I don't like how the software looks and the big ugly plastic around it doesn't make it look better and seems not to fit very well. But that's just my opinion. I like the original look most.
Please let us know if they fix your issues
Old 03-28-17, 11:46 PM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Droth,
I've followed your link as well as this one (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-of-pics.html). I now have hazard lights, passenger seatbelt and security lights. But no still no AC even though I connected orange and light blue cables. Any idea what I might be missing?
Old 03-29-17, 10:41 AM
cuongiee
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the thorough review Htoo!
Old 03-29-17, 10:52 AM
cuongiee
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Htoo
Mike,
Screen have low brightness mode when u turn on headlights. But still, it's a bit distracting.

are you still able to use the AUX and USB in the center console?

And are you purchasing this through his facebook ?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.uFrypc

Last edited by cuongiee; 03-29-17 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-29-17, 12:50 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Htoo
Droth,
I've followed your link as well as this one (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-of-pics.html). I now have hazard lights, passenger seatbelt and security lights. But no still no AC even though I connected orange and light blue cables. Any idea what I might be missing?
Htoo, Only other thing I can think of is had to disconnect and reconnect battery to get it to work initially after linking bus wires
Old 03-29-17, 02:17 PM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Droth,
GREAT! that must be the thing i'm missing. trying it first thing in the morning.

cuongiee,
It got two USB sockets of its own. Mine's 2007 JDM so, it doesn't have a USB port in my armrest box, only AUX. I haven't tested that AUX port either, I'll try it and will tell you.
Old 03-30-17, 12:59 AM
MattaS
Rookie

hi Htoo

i dont know if you can help but

which reverse camera is suitable with the unit; is it the original style or aftermarket??
Old 03-30-17, 07:40 AM
Htoo
Driver School Candidate

Droth,
I tried disconnecting battery, still not working. I guess I will have to wait for manufacturer.

MattaS,
How about this one? hehe.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...f-f05d0848c874

mine's original and it get really blurry with the new hd screen. I'm planning to buy either above one, or this one below.
Amazon Amazon

-htoo
Old 04-04-17, 03:45 AM
MattaS
Rookie

alright then
i got my unit today... and i'm very very surprised (for good) of the build quality..the front panel is all one piece of nice touch aluminium ...
i will install it in the next few days and tell you about the story

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer