IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupidity at the Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-12, 01:54 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

I still think you are better of with a GS350 a lot nicer choice. Would it cost less for you to import a car from the US?
Old 07-17-12, 05:15 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 582 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
Not to mention it will no longer have the VIN# sticker. This is one of the first things I look for when I go with a friend or family member to look at a car. If i see that those stickers are missing it's already a red flag for me that said car might have been in a collision (Car fax is not 100% accurate). Which for him will affect his resale value if and when he decides to trade it in.
Canadian cars don't come with those VIN stickers, so it wouldn't have been an issue. The VIN sticker thing is USA-only for Toyota/Lexus.

Jeff
Old 07-17-12, 05:18 PM
TFD99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if the f-sport exhaust, F-sport CAi and F-sport sway bars fit from my 250AWD to the 350AWD?
Old 07-17-12, 05:28 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 582 Likes on 392 Posts

Yes they all do.

Jeff
Old 07-17-12, 05:37 PM
TFD99
Rookie

Cheers, the salesman was told that they don't and all he can find is a grey or black 250 in the luxury and nav package.
Old 07-17-12, 07:29 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TFD99
Cheers, the salesman was told that they don't and all he can find is a grey or black 250 in the luxury and nav package.
Can't they just order you one? It will take time for it to come over but at least you will be happy with what you want than the dealership trying to allocate something else which is in the lot in Canada.
Old 07-18-12, 07:35 AM
DKnight350
Pole Position

Could you get a RWD model?
Old 07-18-12, 07:52 AM
minato
Pole Position

Originally Posted by diverchris
What dealership are you dealing with?
@ poster I would also like to know what dealership this is.

Goodluck on your car though.
Old 07-18-12, 09:10 AM
Herofmine
Pole Position

If i would be you, i've just come to US and buy it here for much less money! You could save around 20K !
I know a lot of people who bought it here and took his car to Canada! And spent that extra money for something else! Good luck.
Old 07-18-12, 10:37 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DKnight350
Could you get a RWD model?
His wife wants AWD so RWD isn't note quite option; which why I said it was the boss who made the call.

Originally Posted by Herofmine
If i would be you, i've just come to US and buy it here for much less money! You could save around 20K !
I know a lot of people who bought it here and took his car to Canada! And spent that extra money for something else! Good luck.
You can do that but the features on board is by default on the US does not have as much as the Canadian car for about the same equivalent package, not to mention the different spec as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Sango; 07-18-12 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-18-12, 10:49 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was wondering if the f-sport exhaust, F-sport CAi and F-sport sway bars fit from my 250AWD to the 350AWD?
Yes. You could take almost anything from a 250 and place it on the 350
Old 07-18-12, 05:23 PM
TFD99
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the advice. The RWD wasn't an option because it didn't have all the features that the AWD had. As for the dealership trying to find another AWD 250 in he Luxury and Nav package the salesman said they might have a lead on two- dark grey and flat black. Both of which I really didn't want just because I have always owned black cars and we have a 2011 FJ Cruiser in grey already. They said the problem they are having is not many people here spend $60k on a 250 when you can upgrade to the 350- it wouldn't have all the features but would have the bigger engine. They were open to me upgrading to the 350 and paying the difference but the salesman was told yesterday by the mechanics and the parts department that all my F-sport add ons wouldn't fit on a 350. I talked to the salesman today and explained that I spoke to some knowledgeable Is owners and they(meaning all of you guys) said they would fit.So now I have to bring the car in on Monday to speak with the Sales Manager to come to a resolution. I really don't want to give up the white colour but lets wait and see what happens. Keep you informed.
Old 07-18-12, 08:06 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Or just default to the starting position, new trunk and bumper ..... I wouldn't get hung up on the shop painted aspect of it. Seems to me you are happy with the white color, so stay with it. If you ever have an accident, always possible, you would repainted situation anyway.
Old 07-18-12, 10:03 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get your trunk and bumper replaced and repainted and be done with it. Life is too short to be fussy about a paint job. White holds up better than any other paint color because it absorbs much less light/heat. It will be fine and you'll have lots of fun in the car the way you wanted it.
Old 07-18-12, 10:07 PM
bigfazolie
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the advice. The RWD wasn't an option because it didn't have all the features that the AWD had. As for the dealership trying to find another AWD 250 in he Luxury and Nav package the salesman said they might have a lead on two- dark grey and flat black. Both of which I really didn't want just because I have always owned black cars and we have a 2011 FJ Cruiser in grey already. They said the problem they are having is not many people here spend $60k on a 250 when you can upgrade to the 350- it wouldn't have all the features but would have the bigger engine. They were open to me upgrading to the 350 and paying the difference but the salesman was told yesterday by the mechanics and the parts department that all my F-sport add ons wouldn't fit on a 350. I talked to the salesman today and explained that I spoke to some knowledgeable Is owners and they(meaning all of you guys) said they would fit.So now I have to bring the car in on Monday to speak with the Sales Manager to come to a resolution. I really don't want to give up the white colour but lets wait and see what happens. Keep you informed.
Lexus sells the IS in a flat black?

Quick Reply: Stupidity at the Dealership