IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Possibly trading in IS350 for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 07:09 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i say go for it if it's an even trade or better. when the new gen 3IS comes out next year doesn't matter you own an '06 or '12, you have an old IS. but at least the ISF will maintain that exclusiveness for a couple more years.
Old 07-06-12, 11:30 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think your SGM 2011 IS350 F-Sport is pretty cool (I have one myself ) but if you test drive the ISF and you like how it feels, I'd go for it!
Old 07-07-12, 02:55 PM
DIJohn46
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an is350 and the only thing holding me back from getting an Is-F is if I can find one at a good price. Although mine is a 2008, I've sat in a newer 2is and it is nice but i felt like it was also because it was still new. MPG from what I've seen might be similar and insurance isn't that far off either. I get all gitty when I see an Is-F but don't care to give any other 2is another look. Either way, you can't go wrong because its a Lexus!
Old 07-10-12, 07:08 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Let me congrats u on the F and welcome to the family

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-trigger.html

You can ask him about it lolz
Test drove the ISF I mentioned and didn't like it to much. Esp for the price they were asking for. No sunroof and some minor scratches and blemishes. Going to wait till another F comes in.

Originally Posted by Wunko
I think your SGM 2011 IS350 F-Sport is pretty cool (I have one myself ) but if you test drive the ISF and you like how it feels, I'd go for it!
Good choice on the car and color. What mods have you done to yours?

Originally Posted by DIJohn46
I have an is350 and the only thing holding me back from getting an Is-F is if I can find one at a good price. Although mine is a 2008, I've sat in a newer 2is and it is nice but i felt like it was also because it was still new. MPG from what I've seen might be similar and insurance isn't that far off either. I get all gitty when I see an Is-F but don't care to give any other 2is another look. Either way, you can't go wrong because its a Lexus!
I agree with finding an ISF at a good price and staying with buying a Lexus. I am still searching and seeing what is out there but def not in a rush to buy. We will see how it goes.
Old 07-10-12, 09:55 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

wow this debate is still going on? LOL thought u would have picked it up by now and started posting pics
Old 07-10-12, 10:09 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
wow this debate is still going on? LOL thought u would have picked it up by now and started posting pics
I def would have but the one I test drove didn't do it for me and had some things that bugged me about it. One of those reasons not having a sunroof. Still searching haha
Old 07-10-12, 10:27 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

No sunroof is very rare, showroom or demo car., most likely it doesnt have Mark Levinston . Good luck with the search
Old 07-10-12, 11:49 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus408
I def would have but the one I test drove didn't do it for me and had some things that bugged me about it. One of those reasons not having a sunroof. Still searching haha
Good luck with the search, I would have bought one when I was car hunting only thing is the winters here are pretty serious and I already had RWD for 5 years not goin back to that and I don't feel like having two cars to worry about either. If I move I definitely will trade for a IS F but I will also be hesitant due to all the progress I've made on my car
Old 07-10-12, 03:05 PM
Wunko
Racer

Good choice on the car and color. What mods have you done to yours?
I agree! My IS has H&R Sport Springs and the GFX rear lip. Hope to get an F-Sport exhaust in the future.

Sucks to hear the one the dealership had wasn't all that great. Hope you find another ISF that you will like!
Old 07-11-12, 07:56 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

I agree! My IS has H&R Sport Springs and the GFX rear lip. Hope to get an F-Sport exhaust in the future.

Sucks to hear the one the dealership had wasn't all that great. Hope you find another ISF that you will like!
How do you like the H&R Springs? I am debating if I want to get them or not. Did it change the ride? Any issues with driveways? I def recommend getting the F-Sport Exhaust. I love it and it sounds great with the F-Sport Intake as well.

I hope to find one as well at another dealership. Nothing has caught my eye yet. I was thinking I might just wait a couple years and see what the 3rd generation will look like.
Old 07-11-12, 06:41 PM
Wunko
Racer

How do you like the H&R Springs? I am debating if I want to get them or not. Did it change the ride? Any issues with driveways? I def recommend getting the F-Sport Exhaust. I love it and it sounds great with the F-Sport Intake as well.

I hope to find one as well at another dealership. Nothing has caught my eye yet. I was thinking I might just wait a couple years and see what the 3rd generation will look like.
The springs make the ride noticeably more stiff especially over every little bump on the road but the car looks so much better, it's worth it. You can still go over most driveways but not the really steep ones. I already scratched the bottom of my front bumper from going over the concrete bars they put in parking stalls.

The big thing stopping me from getting the F-Sport Exhaust is the price tag and trying to figure out how I will get the stock exhaust home after I get it installed. I heard it can't really fit inside the IS because it's one big piece.
Old 07-12-12, 10:50 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

The springs make the ride noticeably more stiff especially over every little bump on the road but the car looks so much better, it's worth it. You can still go over most driveways but not the really steep ones. I already scratched the bottom of my front bumper from going over the concrete bars they put in parking stalls.

The big thing stopping me from getting the F-Sport Exhaust is the price tag and trying to figure out how I will get the stock exhaust home after I get it installed. I heard it can't really fit inside the IS because it's one big piece.
Good to know about the Springs. I live on a hill and worry about the front bumper getting scratched up. So I might hold off. Plus I want to get some vossen rims.

The F-Sport Exhaust is def expensive but it's worth the money IMO. I was able to get the stock exhaust to my house by using my friends truck. It def won't fit in your IS that's for sure, it is one big piece.