IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 09:26 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its terrible that he touched your car and left a hand print, but it could have been worse. Bigger issue was why he was lurking around your car. Was he just checking the car out to admire it or checking it out to see what he could steal (hopefully not). Only reason I say this, is because he left without saying a word to you when he saw you come up, which is a little weird.

Nice looking IS btw.
Old 06-27-12, 09:27 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Heckler
I am very protective of my car and park way out so the beaters and the SUV's don't dent and ding my car as well. Did you see him touch your car? Is it possible that he was just checking out your ride because he liked it? It looked like he had the sense to not park next to you and his car looks nice as well.

I also don't see the need to slam him because he has smoked lenses.

Lighten up Francis.
he did a circle around my car then crouched down by the front passenger side door which is where the hand print is. After getting up he saw me approaching the car ans walk away. Nothings wrong w admiring Ppls cars. U simply just don't touch period.
Old 06-27-12, 09:30 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Initial G
Its terrible that he touched your car and left a hand print, but it could have been worse. Bigger issue was why he was lurking around your car. Was he just checking the car out to admire it or checking it out to see what he could steal (hopefully not). Only reason I say this, is because he left without saying a word to you when he saw you come up, which is a little weird.

Nice looking IS btw.

Thanks initial g and u know what that did cross my mind but i wasn't gonna accuse him of that the only thing I wanted to point out was the lack of disrespect between two car enthusiasts which some members reading this don't seem to understand. Once again its ok to admire someone else's car, damage or no damage don't touch other Ppls cars period
Old 06-27-12, 10:26 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

That's why I keep one in the chamber...J/K. I wouldn't have let the guy get out of there with out talking to him or telling him to back away please sir.
Old 06-27-12, 10:32 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
That's why I keep one in the chamber...J/K. I wouldn't have let the guy get out of there with out talking to him or telling him to back away please sir.
eh.. I wasnt gonna get all hostile over nothing, like I said there was no damage and I didn't even notice his hand print til I got home and into my garage. Only reason why I posted this thread was to point out the lack of respect between car enthusiasts but few that responded don't seem to get that.
Old 06-27-12, 10:41 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
eh.. I wasnt gonna get all hostile over nothing, like I said there was no damage and I didn't even notice his hand print til I got home and into my garage. Only reason why I posted this thread was to point out the lack of respect between car enthusiasts but few that responded don't seem to get that.
I understand I most certainly do the same, it's either 1st two spaces or way in the back. If people would respect other peoples property I wouldn't take those actions, but since they don't. I park away from them.

Note: That guy was more than likely trying to see if the LFA wheels were legit, hope you have locks on them. He wont forget your car.
Old 06-27-12, 10:59 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
I understand I most certainly do the same, it's either 1st two spaces or way in the back. If people would respect other peoples property I wouldn't take those actions, but since they don't. I park away from them.

Note: That guy was more than likely trying to see if the LFA wheels were legit, hope you have locks on them. He wont forget your car.
yep i have wheel locks on. My car is garaged so even if he remembered my plates to see where I live he won't be able to get to the car. But yea unfortunately he won't forget my car. I'm pretty sure I am the only one with a molded wald spoiler and raised quarters with lfa reps in ohio lol
Old 06-27-12, 10:59 AM
nociscokid
Driver School Candidate

I'm with ya on the parking in bfe. I've always done this. My wife thinks it's funny, sometimes aggrevating the way i choose my spots. Your car is sweet, i would have givin it a double or triple take. And if i'd have seen you walking up, i would have talked it up. And oh, he should not have laid has dirty a$$ hands on your ride.
Old 06-27-12, 11:01 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nociscokid
I'm with ya on the parking in bfe. I've always done this. My wife thinks it's funny, sometimes aggrevating the way i choose my spots. Your car is sweet, i would have givin it a double or triple take. And if i'd have seen you walking up, i would have talked it up. And oh, he should not have laid has dirty a$$ hands on your ride.
haha thanks man. yeah my gf hates that I do that even when its raining. But I'm nice enough to drop her off at the door if thats the case
Old 06-27-12, 11:05 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Default On a lighter note

heres a couple of shots I took yesterday after washing, polishing, and waxing prior to getting a black hand print on my door

more pics can be found here
http://public.fotki.com/remydee/the-is-journal

Old 06-27-12, 11:16 AM
nociscokid
Driver School Candidate

You've done alot of work. Real nice job. You should be use to people checking you out!
Old 06-27-12, 12:07 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nociscokid
You've done alot of work. Real nice job. You should be use to people checking you out!
Thanks man and yes im used to turning heads just not used to ppl touching my car
Old 06-27-12, 12:17 PM
CANDYAPPLE
Driver

RD i agree with you on parking far away from everybody to avoid dings they are a terrible eye sore. but come on man your car is sexy as hell and your gonna get people to check it out wehter you like it or not. i came out one time and some chicks were taking pics of my car while sitting on the hood wtf? lol. i just kindly said b**ch get off my ****** before i pop my c***k in your mouth lmao.
Old 06-27-12, 12:27 PM
phillimt
Pole Position

nice roof man, the matte is different, I like. where are ya at in ohio again?
Old 06-27-12, 12:33 PM
es808
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice IS RDIS250!

But why was the hand print on there? Was it like he was looking into the car? I'm just wondering why someone would put a hand print on the car. Even to look into a dark window, there's no need to touch it when you're blocking out the sun. Strange....

I agree there should be a level of respect between car enthusiasts, in an ideal world. But unfortunately we do not. What we expect and what actually happens are often two different things.

Quick Reply: I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons