IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cursed IS250!

Old 08-18-12, 02:55 PM
turboflgrl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by turboflgrl; 09-13-23 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-18-12, 04:34 PM
NJSTSX
Rookie

I know how you feel. I had a cursed car too. Mine was a 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe. I owned it for 2 years and had 5 accidents in it. First was hitting a raccoon at 80 mph on the highway which ripped the front bumper off. Second was being rear ended by a Acura RDX. Third was rear ending a Mercedes CLK. Next up was having a diesel Chevy Silverado back into the passenger side followed by having someone hit my drivers side door causing minor damage. Needless to say I got rid of that car and have a IS now. Whats more is that I had never been in an accident before that car and have yet to have one since I got rid of it. Knock on wood
Old 08-18-12, 04:51 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Originally Posted by impruv
I've had my 2011 Lexus I250 for 1.5 years and seriously this is such an unlucky car. I'm beginning to think it is cursed =(

Here is the list of things that has happened:
  1. Backing out of driveway, slipped on ice in winter and hit a car parked on the side of the road. New back bumper.
  2. Hit and run causing decent sized dent on my passenger rear side (opposite of the gas door)
  3. My did not used to a lower car compared to his SUV, scratched the front bumper a bit while parking.
  4. EDIT: Someone slashed my tires in my apartment parking lot
  5. I find there are 3 tiny dents on my ROOF... what in the world could have caused this.
  6. Dad backs into my front bumper, paint stripped on a 2" scratch

Thankfully this is a lease, I'm going to get rid of it! Was planning to buy it out after since I enjoyed the ride...
2.5 years left on the lease....

I was just about to vinyl wrap the roof but now there are dents

Sorry for the rant guys...
how is this cursed? sounds like driver error and bad area/dumb people.

Solution= stop letting your dad drive your car.
Solution= park your car in a garage.
Solution= Be careful when driving on Ice.

If you do not follow these solutions then most likely your next car will be "Cursed" as well. haha.
Old 08-18-12, 04:56 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evaunit1
You think thats bad? My brother's GS400 is cursed like no other. Here are some examples:

1. After buying the car he payed it off then started modding it.
2. Two DAYS after buying the rims, he comes out to his car on blocks. Insurance covered it.
3. 3 months later while at a friends house his car was vandalized. His whole car needed to be repainted, tires replaced, and headlights and tail lights needed to be replaced.
4. The MORNING he gets this car back from that ^^^ he goes to pick up a friend, and while sitting in the parking lot waiting for his friend, a drunk driver backs up into his passenger side door. In the shop for another 3 days. (The car was out less than 2 hour. At this point, we've come to the conclusion the car is cursed.)
5. While driving home from getting his car back from the body shop, pot hole. Cracked rim.
6. He goes to buy a new rim but they no longer make his rims. So, now he has to have it repaired. The guy tells him 'Ok, the repair is no problem but you can't rim this again in this small area because it's weak, and if you do I can't repair it again' Says ok, np. He'll be more careful.
7. Flash forward about a year. He keeps the car in storage and drives it on the weekends cause he uses his civic to commute.
8. While out for a joy ride Saturday night guess what? Pot hole. Too dark to see it to make a safe maneuver around it. Not only did the pot hole hit the same rim, but it hit the small 4'' area the guy said 'Dont rim this part' going 80 mph.
9. Flash forward 2 years. (Car is in storage) This past weekend, he gets new rims. He's walking to his car and says.. 'Hm...that don't look right...the tires look....small..' The place gave him a 20x8 size rim. He wanted a 20x9.5. He looks at me with a and says 'IT'S DA CURSE!!! DA CURSE!!!''

At that point, you cant help but laugh right?
the car doesnt sound cursed to me, sounds like crap area with crap people and crap streets.
Old 08-18-12, 05:08 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

^ chill out guy. This thread is from June. Surely OP has already gotten rid of his "cursed" car by now otherwise he would have updated this thread with more accidents to add to his list.
Old 08-18-12, 09:15 PM
impruv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
^ chill out guy. This thread is from June. Surely OP has already gotten rid of his "cursed" car by now otherwise he would have updated this thread with more accidents to add to his list.
I did update it today.. lol
Old 08-18-12, 09:25 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Holy crap....^If that friend was never angry, he NEEDS the Nobel peace prize!!!!!
Old 08-18-12, 09:45 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Chill out? how am i not "chill"? please advise with which part is where i need to chill out. no words were angry or attacking the guy, i just mention it does not sound cursed it sound like human error is the curse. also even if op already got rid of his "cursed" car what does it matter i still responding to the original post about it being "cursed" nothing else. SO CHILL OUT GUY. ha ha.
Old 08-18-12, 09:45 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by impruv
I did update it today.. lol
I take it as in updating it u edited the first post bc usually it doesnt revive a thread unless a new post within was made

nevermind that scratch picture wasnt there earlier when I was viewing this thread. Well then Its time for you to get rid of that "cursed" car
Old 08-19-12, 08:36 PM
impruv
Driver School Candidate

I take it as in updating it u edited the first post bc usually it doesnt revive a thread unless a new post within was made

nevermind that scratch picture wasnt there earlier when I was viewing this thread. Well then Its time for you to get rid of that "cursed" car
Still a lease... got like 2 years left. I wish I could switch!