IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bad Experience with Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-12, 05:56 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bad Experience with Dealership

So just today, I went to Longo Lexus to get my car fixed. The navigation was messed up. I am not sure what happening, but my navigation was saying that there was no DVD and it couldn't read it.
So I took it to Longo Lexus, talked to Jimmy, and had everything taken care of. I am under 21 so I couldn't get a loaners car, had my brother pick me up, and around 4 I got a call saying that he needed to order a new navi ecu, which i also need a new panel for the speedometer thingy because one of the needles light went off. Having this said, I do not have another car to drive so I told them I would take it back in next week since I am on my break. I went to pick up my car and to my surprise, my dash was SCRATCHED and luckily my girlfriend saw it before I left the dealership. I confronted Jimmy about it and he asked his tech, and his tech said he didn't do it and tried to blame it on me, saying it was there. Jimmy was nice enough to take pictures and said he'd take care of it. So I was like sure. kinda upset but I just left and when I got home, I found my front lip scratched. I called Jimmy right away, hoping he would believe me, since I did leave the lot. He said to just email him some pictures so I took a few pictures and emailed it to him. I then remember I had the camera in my car so I took the time to look through the videos and to my surprise, i FOUND IT!
Look at this long video, skip to 1:27 and sit tight, and watch this ***** go down!

I am currently waiting for Jimmy to call me and hopefully catch his tech saying he didnt freaken scratch my bumper and i'll show this video to him.
Here are some pictures of the damage.

Jimmy's a good guy. Don't get me wrong! He's taking care of everything and not even doubting me. Even before I showed him the evidence!
Great guy and unlike stories where you drive off the dealership its your fault, mine's getting taken cared of (:
Word of advice? GRAB A CAR CAM!
Old 06-20-12, 06:07 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you. I assume you are getting new dash and lip repainted?

I am under 21 as well but my dealership is nice enough to give me loaners anyway. First time they did not look at my birth date and gave me a loaner, and now even though they know that I am under 21 they still do offer me a loaner even for 2-3 hour service.
Old 06-20-12, 06:08 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Looks like they really messed up your lip, then tried to glue it back on with silicone.
Old 06-20-12, 06:11 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Haha no, i put the silicone myself as an experiment. It looks really nice without the flash and being so close
Here's a picture

@ p0lo8- wow nice! I wish I could get a loaners car. Ive been to two dealers so far and haven't been offered one.
Old 06-20-12, 09:26 PM
bigdenis
Driver School Candidate

Which carcam do you have? That was pretty awesome!
Old 06-20-12, 09:28 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least you have physical evidence on record

What dash cam are you using?
Old 06-20-12, 09:33 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, with the dash cam I don't see how you could lose this case haha.

And what dash cam is that? the quality is really good
Old 06-20-12, 09:42 PM
Quik208
Lead Lap

Any more info on your dash cam? Makes me want one!
Old 06-20-12, 10:07 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

haha nice, how much for the car cam and where to buy plus is it hard to set up?
Old 06-20-12, 10:08 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Quik208
Any more info on your dash cam? Makes me want one!
me too...
Old 06-20-12, 10:22 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn! Sorry that happened to you bro, especially since I was the one that told you to go to Longo!

Glad Jimmy is taking care of it though. I agree with you, he is definitely a stand up guy and will take care of this issue for you. Sucks that one of the tech's did that to your car. But if you show Jimmy the video, I'm sure he'll send it to the service manager and the tech. I'm sure Jimmy will be pretty pissed when he sees this video too! I'm certain they'll take care of all the damages for you tho bro!
Old 06-20-12, 10:55 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Sorry for your misfortune.
I just picked up my car from Longo after it had a very long stay there. It came back without damage and Jimmy really went out of his way to make sure it stayed clean. In fact, this is the first time in 20 years a dealership washed my car and did not scratch it.
I have nothing but good things to say about his treatment and Longo service. Hopefully you get your situation worked out fairly.
Old 06-20-12, 11:00 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Hey guys. Yeah got many pm's about the dash cam.
I actually got this because another member here had good reviews about it and was involved in a car accident with an ISF. He pointed out where I could get them and here's the link
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-5-lcd...-35356?item=10
It is fairly cheap and I got a 32gb memory card from amazon for really cheap as well.
It auto deletes it's memory from the back so you really do not have to do much.

@ Killa- Yeah haha! Thanks for the advice though! Jimmy is a really stand up guy. I called him and emailed him right away. I told him I found a video of evidence of them scratching my car and what not. He said he's taking care of it with the manager and nothing to worry about.
Just upset though. Been so careful with this baby and bam! Dealer ****s shiet up.
Old 06-20-12, 11:05 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

to err is human. :/

best of luck with getting this resolved, though i imagine that a stand-up dealership like longo lexus will resolve this issue in the best interest of everyone. keep us informed.
Old 06-20-12, 11:57 PM
Legend217
Driver

I never trust anyone with my car beside me. Next time you should have your service advisor acknowledge your car condition before giving him the key, also check everything very carefully before you leave the lot. 10 out 10 they tend to blame it on you first. Good luck with your car man.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Dealership