IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

RADIO KNOB PROBLEMS?? help !

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-12, 12:46 PM
aznoutkast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIO **** PROBLEMS?? help !

alright so i have an 07 is350 nav etc.. just picked up last week from sewell ft.worth, turned on the car and everything seemed fine until i turned down the volume from the **** and notice the music was still loud...( 25 just so yaw dont think im blasting hardcore lol ). i used the steering control volume button and it works perfectly. so i am wondering why is my **** for volume isnt working anymore but it can mute but not raise or lower the music. weird... what should i do? !!
i have 47k odo if that helps.. and the nearest lexus dealership is 5hrs away. thanks!
Old 06-15-12, 01:12 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by aznoutkast
alright so i have an 07 is350 nav etc.. just picked up last week from sewell ft.worth, turned on the car and everything seemed fine until i turned down the volume from the **** and notice the music was still loud...( 25 just so yaw dont think im blasting hardcore lol ). i used the steering control volume button and it works perfectly. so i am wondering why is my **** for volume isnt working anymore but it can mute but not raise or lower the music. weird... what should i do? !!
i have 47k odo if that helps.. and the nearest lexus dealership is 5hrs away. thanks!
hey bro i recently had the same issue and recorded it on my iphone and took it to the service manager to get the unit replace and im covered under the certified preowned (CPO) plan and this issue will taken care of monday.. they are replacing that whole bottom unit with a new one downside.. it took about a month to get the part since we ordered it on 5/10/12
Old 06-15-12, 03:16 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope OP has the CPO warranty then, since he's out of the standard warranty having a 2007 model.
Old 06-15-12, 08:14 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me and took months to get an instance where it failed and the dealership was able to verify it. Sometimes the rotary **** doesn't recognize the input. You can try pulling it out a bit, you'll feel it move a little, and then push it all the way back in to ensure good contact. If it still is acting up, it's a problem with the electrical contact. Mine was this case where on hot days, the volume **** wouldn't work. The dealership will have to replace the whole unit.
Old 06-15-12, 09:42 PM
aznoutkast
Driver

Originally Posted by FreshIS250
hey bro i recently had the same issue and recorded it on my iphone and took it to the service manager to get the unit replace and im covered under the certified preowned (CPO) plan and this issue will taken care of monday.. they are replacing that whole bottom unit with a new one downside.. it took about a month to get the part since we ordered it on 5/10/12
i knew i should have recorded it on my phone, but now it seems to be working again, i am also covered still "cpo 100k warranty ". thanks for your input!!!!
Old 06-15-12, 09:46 PM
aznoutkast
Driver

Originally Posted by JDKane527
I had the same thing happen to me and took months to get an instance where it failed and the dealership was able to verify it. Sometimes the rotary **** doesn't recognize the input. You can try pulling it out a bit, you'll feel it move a little, and then push it all the way back in to ensure good contact. If it still is acting up, it's a problem with the electrical contact. Mine was this case where on hot days, the volume **** wouldn't work. The dealership will have to replace the whole unit.
it was hot today..and i guess my sunshade did not do enough justice. i tried that method pulling and pushing, but it didnt work until it got cooler inside the vehicle with my ac blasting lol. but i will record it when it happens again and head straight to the dealer. i didnt know that this was an known occurrence for the isx50. thanks for you input yo!