IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2012 Headlamp Has Bubbling Defect Too

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 03:52 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 583 Likes on 393 Posts

Yeah it's likely weather related, or at least partially.

I've had mine for about 8 months without issue.

Jeff
Old 08-30-12, 04:55 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Lucky for you, if it is related to climate and being hot/sunny, you may never experience it since you dont drive often and you actually have winter up there. I havent ever checked mine, mainly because it will bug the hell out of me if i notice it haha.
Yea pretty much what I predicted before bc I noticed the ppl that did post about having the issue they lived in warmer/hotter climates. I work from home but I still drive daily picking up and shipping out inventory, get food, goto the gym etc etc. There's not a day where my car sits in the garage all day long.
Old 08-30-12, 06:57 PM
Lenscap2
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Yeah it's likely weather related, or at least partially.

I've had mine for about 8 months without issue.

Jeff
I'm not sure it's weather related. My TSB lights were installed in April and I got the bubbling a month later. It was not hot here in Chicago in April, so it certainly wasn't the heat that caused it.

I find it interesting that everyone with the bubbling on the TSB lights, including myself, only has the issue on the driver's side.
Old 08-30-12, 07:15 PM
cyberscorp
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Had my "LED Headlamp Retro-Kit" since April (5 months) and NO sign of Bubbles . . . yet. However, I park my car majority of the time in Garage.
Old 08-30-12, 08:41 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading through this thread I went out to inspect the wifes F-Sport and my IS-F... and

Fugggghhhh! My wifes F-Sport has a small bubble on each of the headlights... mind are okay though... for now i guess... Time to take the car into service to show them whats up...
Old 09-03-12, 10:59 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WHYYYYY?>?>?

Some fix....
Old 09-03-12, 11:26 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

I think if this ever happens to me I'm just gonna bake the headlights and repaint it myself. It'll be more of a hassle for me to remove my ballasts and bulbs and ship back and fourth to sewell. W my luck if it does happen it'll bubble when my one year warranty is up.
Old 09-22-12, 10:12 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my 12 ISC to the dealer today, Lexus of Concord in CA. 15k miles for oil and another small warranty issue and showed the service writer my bubbling headlights. He told me they have never heard of it before and asked me how I noticed it. I told him about the Internet and he gave me the old you can find anything bad about any car on the Internet. He looked at it and noted it on my service record. I told I don't want it fixed till there is a fix. I looked at all the IS's on the lot and every used one with led DRLs had bubbling and just over half of the new IS's had at least 1 light with bubbling on it. When I told him he didn't even seem to care. Just thought I'd share with the group what happened to me at the dealer.
Old 09-27-12, 09:35 AM
smackman
Driver

Default Question

I am scheduled to have my bubbling lights replaced in October but from what I read the TSB Lights bubble. Is this still true?

I do not want to have lights installed that will bubble like the originals.

I have read this thread and do not want to waste my time if the TSB lights bubble also.

Has Lexus came up with a fix to the bubbling issue? I have a 2011 IS C 250

Thanks
Old 09-27-12, 09:44 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am wondering if the kind of light may also play a factor even thou it should not.

For those who are getting bubbling issues with TSB headlamps, were you using the stock bulbs?

When I had my lights changed to the TSB headlamps, I had my stock bulbs changed at the same time to Philips Ultinon 6000K and have not experienced any bubble issues.

Last edited by Sango; 09-27-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-27-12, 10:16 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

just spotted a small bubble on my 2012 lights today
Old 09-27-12, 01:05 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

I know I posted this before but just thought I'd throw it out there again for anyone that has encountered this issue. Open up your headlights sand down the bubbling and repaint it yourself. I know that would be my solution if I had the issue. It would be easier and less time consuming for me to have to strip out my headlights ship it to sewell and wait for them to send another set back and re install everything. And after that probably still have the bubbling issue. I don't think if you repaint it yourself there would any bubbling issues just bc I've painted two sets of 07 headlights black already and didnt have any issues with it at all. And I'm sure all the other members that have done black housing on their headlights can confirm the same thing.
Old 09-27-12, 06:40 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smackman
I am scheduled to have my bubbling lights replaced in October but from what I read the TSB Lights bubble. Is this still true?

I have read this thread and do not want to waste my time if the TSB lights bubble also.

Thanks
Same here. I have a 2011 IS350 and I'm waiting for Lexus to fix the TSB headlights as well before I get the original 2011 headlights replaced. Hopefully before the car's warranty expires.
Old 09-27-12, 07:05 PM
Lenscap2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by smackman

Thanks
TSB lights are still defective. Lexus has not yet come up with a fix.
Old 09-27-12, 11:15 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
I am wondering if the kind of light may also play a factor even thou it should not.

For those who are getting bubbling issues with TSB headlamps, were you using the stock bulbs?

When I had my lights changed to the TSB headlamps, I had my stock bulbs changed at the same time to Philips Ultinon 6000K and have not experienced any bubble issues.
I don't see how it could be from the light bulb, I looked at the brand new ISs at the dealer and at least half of them had it to at least one of the lights and some both.

Quick Reply: 2012 Headlamp Has Bubbling Defect Too