IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-12, 04:37 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Radio Issues

I believe my factory warranty will be expiring this year. (hopefully it hasn't already) I have started noticing recently that my cd player will eject cd's sometimes when I am listening to the FM radio or sometimes if I am just switching between tracks while listening to the cd. Also sometimes the track or next song selector on the steering wheel and console won't respond the first 5 or 6 times I hit the button. ( I do not have NAV)

My question is has anyone had a similar issue like this? Am I alone? I am not sure the dealer will be able to duplicate the problem as it doesn't happen all the time, but I don't want it to finally fail right after the warranty period is up.

Also how can I tell how much warranty I have left other than asking the dealer? I will hit my year threshold before miles. (Currently at about 37,000 miles)
Old 05-24-12, 05:14 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Something similar happened to me about 2 years ago. It was really frustrating but one day it just suddenly started working normally again. Hopefully it works out the same way for you
Old 05-24-12, 06:29 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Warranty is 48 months from the in-service date (date car was first sold) or 50k miles whichever is first.

The first 2008s went on sale September of 2007, meaning warranty has already expired for about 3/4 of all 2008s (and nearly 100% of em by this september/october)

the above is for the bumper to bumper; powertrain is 72 months/70k miles so this won't start expiring for any 2008s until September 2013.
Old 05-24-12, 05:29 PM
Soap
Pole Position

I guess I will just see how it plays out, honestly the lexus dealer is not close to me and I really don't want to bring it in. I guess if it flakes out that might just mean its time for an upgrade. Really waiting to see what the 3rd gen IS350 brings before I start looking harder at an ISF. Thanks guys
Old 05-24-12, 06:44 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

At least get it in once so they can log the issue. If it does go out just after your warranty, at least you have something to go by that you took it in before the warranty was up. It may help your chances to have them cover it after your warranty has expired,
Old 05-31-12, 06:45 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Well I scheduled a service appointment and asked them to check on the status of my warranty. Of course the warranty expired on 5/18/12. But to my surprise they told me I have a lexus extended warranty good until 5/18/14 or 100,000 miles. So I guess the original owner had purchased the extended warranty, the dealer I bought the car from last year never mentioned it nor did I see anything in the glove box.
Old 05-31-12, 08:03 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Soap
I guess I will just see how it plays out, honestly the lexus dealer is not close to me and I really don't want to bring it in. I guess if it flakes out that might just mean its time for an upgrade. Really waiting to see what the 3rd gen IS350 brings before I start looking harder at an ISF. Thanks guys
Just be patient, I'm sure you'll have an answer by the time you NEED to make a decision. Worst case you end up with an aftermarket head unit like VaisTech or something.
Old 05-31-12, 08:19 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Just be patient, I'm sure you'll have an answer by the time you NEED to make a decision. Worst case you end up with an aftermarket head unit like VaisTech or something.
You missed my last post I guess....
Old 05-31-12, 11:59 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

I currently have this same issue occuring and i recorded it on my iphone and showed it to the direct supervisor over the service dept and the part was then order as i also stated to them this has occurred multiple times and will not be able to be duplicated by leaving it here at the dealership... I am also covered under the CPO(Certified Pre Owned) plan as well

Last edited by LexoticJ; 05-31-12 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-31-12, 12:35 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

dam, I think this is a common problem then... I have an 07 and this has happened like 4 times already, and is just random...
Old 05-31-12, 12:40 PM
CANDYAPPLE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I scheduled a service appointment and asked them to check on the status of my warranty. Of course the warranty expired on 5/18/12. But to my surprise they told me I have a lexus extended warranty good until 5/18/14 or 100,000 miles. So I guess the original owner had purchased the extended warranty, the dealer I bought the car from last year never mentioned it nor did I see anything in the glove box.
nope i tried that, the extended warranty is only good for the original purchaser, unless he personally signs it over to you. i went for some warranty work and lexus said it was covered under the extended warranty but the person has to sign it over first.
Old 05-31-12, 12:52 PM
Soap
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CANDYAPPLE
nope i tried that, the extended warranty is only good for the original purchaser, unless he personally signs it over to you. i went for some warranty work and lexus said it was covered under the extended warranty but the person has to sign it over first.
What the hell? Are you serious? I am not going to take it in if that is the case. Let me get them on the phone.

-Brian
Old 05-31-12, 01:12 PM
Soap
Pole Position

Yea, you were correct. Big time fail on that. Missed out by a couple of weeks. Bah!
Old 05-31-12, 01:15 PM
CANDYAPPLE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell? Are you serious? I am not going to take it in if that is the case. Let me get them on the phone.

-Brian
yeh man picked up the car in march with 60 thousand miles on it, and my p/s light came on. called over the phone and gave them the vin, and they said it has a 100,000 mile warranty good till jan 2013 so i go in. the sales advisor said or you such and such, i say no and he said only the person who brought the policy can transfer it over if they wish to so so. so i had to end up using my warranty i brought when i got the car, but they wouldnt pay for genuine lexus parts, aftermarket warrantys are a waste of money.,
Old 05-31-12, 01:25 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

that ****s gotta suck man... im ready to get me a 2012 with nav but since i bought this last year im going to have to wait till december this year

Quick Reply: Radio Issues