IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How much F-Sport parts do you need to earn an "F" badge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-12, 11:18 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default How much F-Sport parts do you need to earn an "F" badge?

Haha, judging by the title you guys can probably assume I'm new (I'm k3u, just switched my account name). Anyways, I've been looking at many ISX50 and some are regular whereas some has F-Sport parts. Now I went online to Lexus's website and built an IS350 for fun and they gave me a list of options for F-Sport parts. Now, I'm wondering how much parts do you need in order to get that "F" badge or as long as you have at least one part, they will stick that emblem on for you?

Not that I really like the badge that badly but it is cool, however some stuff I don't really need when buying an ISX50. I also don't have a ISX50 yet and is still on the lurk for one however I want one that has the F-Sport lip and badge without the price tag of a fully slammed F-Sport if you get what I mean.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. :/
Old 04-28-12, 11:29 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

none, I have seen member post a pic of toyota camry with F badge
Old 04-28-12, 11:32 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quang
none, I have seen member post a pic of toyota camry with F badge
Well, I know you can get an "F" emblem pretty easy but like to make it all official how much F-Sport parts do I need? I don't like false branding but I know when I get my ISX50 it's not going to come with pre-set F-Sports cause that price tag is too high. However I can afford to stick an emblem, and a lip along with a nice set of wheels that are F-Sport. Maybe exhaust if I have any extra money but that's about it. I don't need all the other extra fancy F-Sport parts. (:

Oh yeah and we can't forget the 2012 headlights. <3.
Old 04-28-12, 11:43 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't "earn" the F-Sport badge. It's a factory package. You get the emblems and all when you buy the whole package.

The F Sport™ Package is designed to enhance the looks of your IS 350 or IS 250, as well as its performance. With exclusive features like front-lip and rear-deck spoilers, an F Sport grille, special 18-inch Dark Graphite–finished wheels [1] and a suspension system tuned by the same team that engineered the first Lexus supercar, the LFA. Also exclusive to this package: an attention-grabbing Ultrasonic Blue exterior paint finish and a range of interior styling upgrades to complement its more aggressive-looking exterior.
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/featu...e_package.html

Of course nothing is stopping you from just buying F-Sport emblems and slapping them on later, whether or not you have any F-Sport parts.
Old 04-28-12, 11:46 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
You don't "earn" the F-Sport badge. It's a factory package. You get the emblems and all when you buy the whole package.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/featu...e_package.html

Of course nothing is stopping you from just buying F-Sport emblems and slapping them on later, whether or not you have any F-Sport parts.
Right, but when you buy the package does it include everything? I mean when I was building the IS250 on Lexus's website it asks if I wanted any F-Sport parts and of course it was optional. But like I was asking, if I were to just grab like an exhaust and F-Sport brakes, would it have slapped on an F-Sport emblem or do you have to buy the whole entire package?
Old 04-28-12, 11:49 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ No I believe you have to buy that F-Sport package for them to badge it with the F-Sport emblems from the factory. But like I said, you could order F-Sport parts "a la carte" and just buy the emblems and slap them on yourself if you want to go that route..
Old 04-28-12, 11:52 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Good news, time to slap an F badge on my S2000, S2kF!

I guess OP was thinking something like DINAN, where you have to spent about 2.5k in order to earn the DINAN badge
Old 04-28-12, 11:53 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
^ No I believe you have to buy that F-Sport package for them to badge it with the F-Sport emblems from the factory. But like I said, you could order F-Sport parts "a la carte" and just buy the emblems and slap them on yourself if you want to go that route..
Never mind, I found out my answer. Never knew there was a button for "F-Sport" packages. Eh, it's not that much higher than a base price. Base MSRP starts at like 37k for RWD IS250 vs. the 32k stock.

@aznxenon, I didn't know there was an option for "pre-built F-Sport packaged ISX50s". I thought the only way was to buy an IS250 and add the extra options at the end of the build in Lexus's website which to me came out to be like 55k-60k+ if you added every single F-Sport part which then made me think.. why did people buy a fully slammed ISX50 for the same price if not more than the price of an ISF. But now I know. (:

Last edited by F Monster; 04-28-12 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-28-12, 11:54 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if u spend 5 grand on brakes you can stick a 40 dollar emblem on your car
Old 04-28-12, 11:59 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MIA_LEX
if u spend 5 grand on brakes you can stick a 40 dollar emblem on your car
Haha, right? But the point of my thread was to see what an "F" emblem represented. Before this, I thought that everyone who had an F-Sport package was spending more than 50k on their ISX50's. :/
Old 04-29-12, 12:34 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Do you know what will happen if you do add big brakes and go fast parts and not use it to its full potential. We rip the badge off your shirt!!!! I mean your fender!!!!
Old 04-29-12, 02:05 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The F-Sport package is mainly for cosmetics but does have some moderate like upgrades unless you want F-Sport accessory parts. This maybe of some help.

Old 04-29-12, 03:18 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ I saw that video on Lexus Enthusiast... pretty cool and explains all the F-Sport stuff.

I thought it was weird naming at first too when the 2011 IS F-Sport didn't come with any accessories. When people hear "F-Sport", it is typically associated with the accessories since they came first in 2007 (or 2008?) years before the 2011 IS F-Sport factory package. It might not be as weird to some people if the original sport package in 2007-2008 was called "F-Sport package" then soon after F-Sport accessories were released later to sell along side it. Since in reality the F-Sport accessories actually came first, then the 2011 IS F-Sport package came years later, people naturally expect the 2011 IS F-Sport package to include some actual F-Sport accessories.

I think Lexus wants to make it so that the "F-Sport package" is the factory sport package for the vehicle, then you can add the "accessories" to it later if you choose. It looks like Lexus wants to call all of their vehicle lineup sport packages "F-Sport" instead especially now with the 2013 GS and RX, and I don't think the GS and RX have the F-Sport accessories available yet though.

I did wish the package came with one or two actual F-Sport accessories like the exhaust though, since that's the one thing I really want.

Last edited by Wunko; 05-04-12 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-29-12, 07:07 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

F-Sport badge to me is more about accessories and looks than actual performance parts. just look at the CT200H f-sport for example. ironically, the real F-Sport IS250/350 does not come with any real F-Sport performance upgrades such as suspension, exhaust and intake.
Old 04-29-12, 08:49 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

F-Sport shouldn't be allowed on 250's. Just sayin'

Quick Reply: How much F-Sport parts do you need to earn an "F" badge?