IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Finished 2012 LED Headlights Retrofit

Old 04-30-12, 01:02 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Width and throw of the stock projectors are pretty weak. This way he gets the best of both worlds: the looks of the 2012 lights, and the performance of a great projector in the TSX.
Old 04-30-12, 05:55 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Updated my first post, the driver side is all finished. I just need to mount the lense back on it but I wont do that until I mount it on the car and align the projector I came up with an ingenuous bracket system that will let me adjust the height of .projector like a turnbuckle.

also for those wondering the performance of the TSX projector this is a picture of just one in plain daylight. Notice how strong the cut off is and how sharp the light is.

Old 04-30-12, 06:13 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What bulbs you using?
Old 04-30-12, 06:17 PM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by Jzsicklexi
What bulbs you using?
Stock Phillips
Old 05-02-12, 08:54 AM
B16da9
Racer

So I’ve basically perfected my process and cut the OEM bracket and attached my bracket system on the passenger side all in two hours. This beats the almost one week of careful planning and measuring to get the angles right. (It’s still a lot of work but a lot easier now)

While I’m at it I’m going to swap the harnesses on the lights with the harness from my 2007 headlights so everything will work just like OEM. The only thing I will need to wire in is the LED’s and I already have plans to wire that to work like a factory 2012 car work. My combination switch will be set to AUTO and the LEDS wired to come on with ignition power. Once the headlights come one the LED will dim down to not hinder the performance of these projectors.
Old 05-02-12, 10:10 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

This is a nice mod. I with some did this here in Houston :-( I need this since I travel alot.
Old 05-02-12, 01:33 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by B16da9
So I’ve basically perfected my process and cut the OEM bracket and attached my bracket system on the passenger side all in two hours. This beats the almost one week of careful planning and measuring to get the angles right. (It’s still a lot of work but a lot easier now)

While I’m at it I’m going to swap the harnesses on the lights with the harness from my 2007 headlights so everything will work just like OEM. The only thing I will need to wire in is the LED’s and I already have plans to wire that to work like a factory 2012 car work. My combination switch will be set to AUTO and the LEDS wired to come on with ignition power. Once the headlights come one the LED will dim down to not hinder the performance of these projectors.
Damn Eric you got these done so quick! I just sent your thread to my guy in Jersey who is retrofitting mine... Maybe it will help him some since I know it's a pain to cut the back of these headlights.
Old 05-02-12, 01:53 PM
ihazabonar
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even cut the back of my headlights. Just us the D2H bulbs.
Old 05-02-12, 02:53 PM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Damn Eric you got these done so quick! I just sent your thread to my guy in Jersey who is retrofitting mine... Maybe it will help him some since I know it's a pain to cut the back of these headlights.
I really wish you did not do that, I'm not going to post pictures of my bracket system so some one else can use it and make money of all my hard work.

I have removed all pictures that showed my brackets.

Originally Posted by ihazabonar
So you take your whole headlight apart once again just to change out your bulbs?

Last edited by B16da9; 05-02-12 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-02-12, 05:14 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I really wish you did not do that, I'm not going to post pictures of my bracket system so some one else can use it and make money of all my hard work.

Don't you think you overreacting? it's not like you invented electricity
Old 05-02-12, 05:33 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ihazabonar
Yeah I'll pass on that. Nothing compares to oem bulbs and I don't want to bake them apart each time I want to change the bulbs.
Old 05-02-12, 05:35 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
Don't you think you overreacting? it's not like you invented electricity
I can understand that, what if he wanted to start providing retrofit services?! That company charges people to retrofit yet they need someone else's bracket system?!
Old 05-02-12, 06:06 PM
B16da9
Racer

I can understand that, what if he wanted to start providing retrofit services?! That company charges people to retrofit yet they need someone else's bracket system?!
Correct, I would not mind it if it was a CL member that wanted to do their. However if it's a company that supposedly has a business to do this why the hell do they need to copy my mounting system.
Old 05-03-12, 08:23 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

That's good and well And I don't blame you but my guy in Jersey already mounted my ap2 projectors last week.
See the link here of over 55 photos http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...350%20Project/
But like I said I don't blame you. I wouldn't want anyone to copy your mounting system either.
Yeah I'll pass on that. Nothing compares to oem bulbs and I don't want to bake them apart each time I want to change the bulbs.
False, Osram CBI's beat out Lexus OEM. And that is not my opinion that's a fact.
Correct, I would not mind it if it was a CL member that wanted to do their. However if it's a company that supposedly has a business to do this why the hell do they need to copy my mounting system.
No one is copying brother. When I get my headlights from Jersey I'll come by your house so we can play stare and compare. I'm interested to see how your design differs from his on the back of the headlight.
Old 05-03-12, 08:47 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by CCJ22
That's good and well And I don't blame you but my guy in Jersey already mounted my ap2 projectors last week.
See the link here of over 55 photos http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...350%20Project/
But like I said I don't blame you. I wouldn't want anyone to copy your mounting system either.

False, Osram CBI's beat out Lexus OEM. And that is not my opinion that's a fact.

No one is copying brother. When I get my headlights from Jersey I'll come by your house so we can play stare and compare. I'm interested to see how your design differs from his on the back of the headlight.
I should've rephrased. I was implying that no aftermarket cheap bulbs compare to OEM. I want to try the Philips 85122+ bulbs with my setup next.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finished 2012 LED Headlights Retrofit