Fly Audio - "POS" !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 10:05 PM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fly Audio - "POS" !!!!

Guys,
I just got Fly Audio "P0S" system installed and I feel, I've been violated ! I was happy with it until I drove 15miles from the installer and statrted noticing problems'

1, Someone called and I could hear them thru BT but they couldnt hear me.
2. Driving thru the hills my FM reception was basically non existence . At this point I was begining to boil .
3. Got home the system buttons werent working or refused to take commands i.e. wouldnt switch from climate control to Nav!
4.I took my kids out to show off system during dinner run, as I was driving listening to IPOD ( Thank Heavens that works from the steering wheel ) the system for no apparent reason reboots and swithes to fm unbearable reception!

I came home and started reading the trends here and got a fewer answers but Im totally mad about dropping almost 2,000 dollars for this sh....t.

Now Question....
Apart from the fan being on top in 2nd gen units are there any otherways to tell if I got a 2nd gen of 1st ? Since i didnt install myself I have no way of knowing. The manual is very generic in my opinion .
Why cant FA just post updated wares without going thru the 3rd part vendors . Support should be accesible to all. I DONT HAVE TO EMAIL THEM FOR IT .
I have a IS 2006 - Thanks !
Old 04-22-12, 12:39 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the second gen FA and it's still a little POS.

Apart from hardware difference, Second gen has nicer Graphic User Interface. It's look and function different especially Bluetooth Cell Phone Connection and IPod/IPhone connection.
Old 04-26-12, 04:58 PM
n8236
Pole Position

I read thru all the pages of the FlyAudio thread and almost pulled the trigger. I was literally miles away from their GuangZhou HQ and thought it just wasn't worth it. The product is not polished enough and they were asking for too much, even at $1800 USD.
Old 04-26-12, 06:15 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted one of these for the longest but got over it quick ha
Old 04-26-12, 07:37 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LATINA2001
Guys,
I just got Fly Audio "P0S" system installed and I feel, I've been violated ! I was happy with it until I drove 15miles from the installer and statrted noticing problems'

1, Someone called and I could hear them thru BT but they couldnt hear me.
2. Driving thru the hills my FM reception was basically non existence . At this point I was begining to boil .
3. Got home the system buttons werent working or refused to take commands i.e. wouldnt switch from climate control to Nav!
4.I took my kids out to show off system during dinner run, as I was driving listening to IPOD ( Thank Heavens that works from the steering wheel ) the system for no apparent reason reboots and swithes to fm unbearable reception!

I came home and started reading the trends here and got a fewer answers but Im totally mad about dropping almost 2,000 dollars for this sh....t.

Now Question....
Apart from the fan being on top in 2nd gen units are there any otherways to tell if I got a 2nd gen of 1st ? Since i didnt install myself I have no way of knowing. The manual is very generic in my opinion .
Why cant FA just post updated wares without going thru the 3rd part vendors . Support should be accesible to all. I DONT HAVE TO EMAIL THEM FOR IT .
I have a IS 2006 - Thanks !
1. Where do you have your Bluetooth mic mounted ? Is it on the A pillar or By the dome light. ? I remember when I mounted the mic the first time I mounted it inside where the dome light is and people couldn't here me while on a call. I moved it to the A pillar and problem was solved. It could also be the mic connection in the back of the navi was not pushed in all the way or it came lose when they put the navi back on.
Old 04-26-12, 08:10 PM
fraga
Driver School Candidate

See I've been waiting for over a year now for FlyAudio to get their **** together and fix all these damn bugs before I drop almost 2k on it...with all these reported problems still coming in...I'm still holding back...I was really hoping they'd fix all this crap so I could finally take the plunge...I guess I'll keep holding my breath...
Old 04-26-12, 11:59 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

wow these is really making me stay away from the FLYAUDIO scene and go custom install like others
Old 04-27-12, 01:25 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would've got one too by now if it weren't for their issues.
Old 04-28-12, 12:12 PM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Recent updates..... I finally called the installer and had them do a firmware update . The update seems to have worked, odyssey loads up faster all functions seem to work fine including Bluetooth . Only issue was that the temp now reads in celsius instead of farenheit. That will be another battle to fix with the radio reception . My advice to all considering is to either go with experts on this forum while buying, the unit and go to an approved FA installer. .
Now does anyone know if you could integrate an Xm turner with this " clunker" lol
Old 04-28-12, 12:15 PM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jay90011
1. Where do you have your Bluetooth mic mounted ? Is it on the A pillar or By the dome light. ? I remember when I mounted the mic the first time I mounted it inside where the dome light is and people couldn't here me while on a call. I moved it to the A pillar and problem was solved. It could also be the mic connection in the back of the navi was not pushed in all the way or it came lose when they put the navi back on.
Its mounted by the A pillar works fine now
Old 04-28-12, 12:21 PM
str8hust1a
Pole Position

good thing i didnt pull the trigger on the fly audio. seems like junk
Old 04-28-12, 02:09 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

i have the 2nd gen modle fly unit in my 2008 is250, i already had a factory nav unit to begin with! i paid a considerable amount too, but i have a retail license so i didnt pay any where near the 1800 as others. i installed mine myself and had to mod 1 harness to make it work! . mine works well and i have no extreme issues. but i do not like the processor as it is too slow and does not allow a 16gb flash drive to load properly.
i have music on the micro sd card and it is fine. i use the dvd all the time as it is fine too. bluetooth works well, navi is great. i do not use the ipod because i hate them! my thoughts are that they could have done a better job with the climate issues, a better processor too. not to mention caller id and a real phonebook
Old 04-28-12, 02:45 PM
LATINA2001
Driver School Candidate

Nice! So do you have XM integrated into the unit ? :eek2
Old 03-17-13, 12:18 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
i have the 2nd gen modle fly unit in my 2008 is250, i already had a factory nav unit to begin with! i paid a considerable amount too, but i have a retail license so i didnt pay any where near the 1800 as others. i installed mine myself and had to mod 1 harness to make it work! . mine works well and i have no extreme issues. but i do not like the processor as it is too slow and does not allow a 16gb flash drive to load properly.
i have music on the micro sd card and it is fine. i use the dvd all the time as it is fine too. bluetooth works well, navi is great. i do not use the ipod because i hate them! my thoughts are that they could have done a better job with the climate issues, a better processor too. not to mention caller id and a real phonebook
I am thinking of getting a flyaudio unit for my ES 350 (2007 non-nav). Couple apprehensions I have are:

- Will it mess with my passenger airbag? Ive read a couple guys who's airbag light is now on... a risk I'm not willing to take...
- The climate control ... Any issues there? Or does it work like OEM?
- How buggy or slow is the interface?

I have seen them advertised on alibaba for like $250-400, which for me, at that price is a steal! And if I do the install myself, I don't really care if it isn't everything it is hyped up to be...

Any suggestions?
Old 03-17-13, 12:26 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

The unit we got is for the IS, so I don't know if anyone has any experience with ES here, but the units might be similar.
1. it doesn't mess with the airbag, but there is no passenger side air bag indicator. I think the airbag is still working as it should.
2. the climate control work similar to OEM, not as good, but generally OK.
3. the interface is pretty fast, but temperature is in Celsius, clock is in 24-hour format, and radio frequency display is off.

This very long thread discuss all the issues. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ufacturer.html

Edit: The interface might be very different between ES and IS.

Quick Reply: Fly Audio - "POS" !!!!