IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Opinions on MHT wheels (Niche)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-12, 05:51 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those would look sick in gun metal or with some accents...Looking forward to seeing your new set-up.
Old 04-22-12, 06:05 AM
swirvin
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah there is a 3 piece version of the wheel that you could get the center a custom color.. Otherwise they make ones with matte black centers that are 1pc.

Yeah I can't wait to get them on!

Last edited by swirvin; 04-22-12 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-22-12, 10:09 AM
MistaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

swirvin can you tell me if they are really made in Germany ? Keep us updated on the wheels, I'm interested to buy Niche cause I like their style and the price is good but I would like to have a feedback about the quality.

And what is the weight of these wheels ? Do you bought 19" ?
Old 04-22-12, 10:59 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by swirvin
Since the tsw wheels are not good enough, what about these new Niche wheels???

They're built by MHT wheels.

20x8.5, 20x10
Who told you that TSW wasn't good enough. TSW are very good quality wheels and will last much longer than most multipiece wheels out there. Unlike many others, TSW has been a part of racing for years. What other 3 piece wheel can say that? HRE, sure but how many others?

As for the Niche, they have been around a long long time. First Lexus that caught my eye was on a set of Niche back in 1998 or so.
These new ones look fine to me. Quality should be fine. I say go for it.
Old 04-22-12, 11:11 AM
swirvin
Driver

I'm not sure of the weight but I will try to find out. The 1pc version of the wheel I'm getting is 20inches, they don't build it in a 19" at the moment.

I'm not sure if they originate from Germany. I work for a company that sells wheels & tires. So I deal with them on a wholesale level. The guys at one of there distribution locations told me MHT actually builds Vossen wheels. They don't design them, they just build them to whatever design & specifications Vossen tells them to. Who knows... The machines to build wheels are very expensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if only a few manufactures actually build the wheels and other companies pay them to build theirs.
Old 04-22-12, 11:15 AM
swirvin
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Who told you that TSW wasn't good enough. TSW are very good quality wheels and will last much longer than most multipiece wheels out there. Unlike many others, TSW has been a part of racing for years. What other 3 piece wheel can say that? HRE, sure but how many others?

As for the Niche, they have been around a long long time. First Lexus that caught my eye was on a set of Niche back in 1998 or so.
These new ones look fine to me. Quality should be fine. I say go for it.
It was on my 1st thread, I was considering some TSW wheels.... I always thought they were nice quality too.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eadlights.html
Old 04-22-12, 11:46 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by swirvin
It was on my 1st thread, I was considering some TSW wheels.... I always thought they were nice quality too.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eadlights.html
TSW are very good quality. Too many people go around ******* another product only because they want to follow the crowd or brag about how much they spent on wheels even if they are less quality than a cheaper wheel.

I wouldn't let none of these kids tell you what to do.
Why even ask. You're a man, not a kid who needs acceptance to fit in.....I hope.
Old 04-22-12, 11:50 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

those wheels look nice. You should get the faces painted a different color, that would really set them off!
Old 04-22-12, 11:55 AM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

I say go for it! Just as long as you have a nice DROP to compliment them..
Old 04-22-12, 12:02 PM
swirvin
Driver

Its definitely not worrying about fitting in or impressing anyone. I just wasn't completely sold on the particular tsw wheel design i was considering at that point.

Then I started looking at MHT(niche) stuff and saw that they had some brand new wheel designs and liked them better. I posted that comment about tsw wheels not being good enough to see what people would say about the niche wheels. Just curiosity...

If a wheel looks good on a car, then its looks good regardless of "Brand Name". Of course craftsmanship/workmanship is important. I sell wheels for a living so I've seen some lower end stuff, especially the finish(chrome,painted,etc..) quality of the wheel. I've had several customer issues with 3pc wheels leaking where the barrel is sealed together, brand was Asanti. At $900+ a wheel they aren't considered a cheap wheel.
Old 04-22-12, 12:05 PM
swirvin
Driver

Originally Posted by Muggy
I say go for it! Just as long as you have a nice DROP to compliment them..
I will have them on hopefully by Thursday, that's when they are supposed to come in. Pictures will come shorty after.

Currently my car is already lowered on H&R springs. I may eventually swap to coilovers, but it is an everyday driver.
Old 04-22-12, 09:32 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

You will like them bro. I have had many pairs of mht brand rims. About 3 pairs of niche ... Post up when u get em on. And congrats
Old 04-25-12, 08:26 PM
swirvin
Driver

Got the wheels, I'm happy with it! Also I painted the calipers!

By the way I'm lowered on H&R.

Wheels: 20x8.5 +35 & 20x10 +40

Tires: 245-30-20 Nitto 555 & 275-30-20 Nitto 555
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on MHT wheels (Niche)?-is350-edit1.jpg  
Old 04-25-12, 08:36 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

They look better then I thought they would nice set up bro . And how bad are you rubbing with the drop
Old 04-25-12, 08:44 PM
swirvin
Driver

Originally Posted by stasis3131
They look better then I thought they would nice set up bro . And how bad are you rubbing with the drop
Thanks man! Yeah I've got a pretty good eye for what wheels will look good on a car since I've been selling them for 6 years.

Far as rubbing, so far only on the inner plastic on the front is it rubbing when I'm turning on uneven surfaces. A heat gun should eliminate that. The rear is close to possibly needing to roll the fenders. Without passengers in the rear to test I'm not 100% sure I need to roll them yet.

Quick Reply: Opinions on MHT wheels (Niche)?