IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

California Notice of Intent to suspend anyone receive this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-12, 03:04 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grassmoker
it's actually not about the license, it was my registration that is getting suspended but then i can't get no answer from the DMV. I hope it is just a new law or warning but you can see on top right corner it says my registration will be suspended on May 23 2012 and the thing is no one know how to correct this document.
You quoted my earlier post before I edited it. I would just call or go the DMV in may just to make sure they havent suspended your registration.

Last edited by Sffd103; 03-30-12 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-29-12, 03:08 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by is150
You quoted my earlier post before I edited it. I would just call or go the bmv in may just to make sure they havent suspended your registration.
Cool thank's man! i appreciate your advice and thanks for your time
Old 03-29-12, 03:31 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it says all you have to do is make the necessary repairs. no further action needed. if youre stock then dont worry about it.
Old 03-29-12, 04:47 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by grassmoker
did you do anything about it? or just let it go since u sold the car? maybe i should just sell the car then lol
mine it says currently does not have a record of insurance coverage for my car. but if send in the copy of my insurance from now to 5/3/2012 there is ok if not after that date my registeration will get suspended. But i sold the car 3 months ago.. never had any issues .. never violated or citations, i have new car now lolz and diff registration lolz... DAmnn CADMV really broke lolz.
Old 03-29-12, 04:56 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by soupdawg
well it says all you have to do is make the necessary repairs. no further action needed. if youre stock then dont worry about it.
thanks man! i appreciate that!
Old 03-29-12, 08:42 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

You haven't said if you have stock exhaust or not. If you don't it is possible that you drove by a road side smog check and they video taped your VW and noticed an after market exhaust. This could have been instigated by CARB, (Calif air resources board ). These drive by smog checks use thermal imaging cameras that can detect particles from your exhaust as you pass by they also have regular video to prove it was your car. They set up sometimes on hwy on ramps to catch you accelerating to get on the hwy to see how much pollution you are putting out.
Old 03-29-12, 08:50 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by jgr7
You haven't said if you have stock exhaust or not. If you don't it is possible that you drove by a road side smog check and they video taped your VW and noticed an after market exhaust. This could have been instigated by CARB, (Calif air resources board ). These drive by smog checks use thermal imaging cameras that can detect particles from your exhaust as you pass by they also have regular video to prove it was your car. They set up sometimes on hwy on ramps to catch you accelerating to get on the hwy to see how much pollution you are putting out.
i do have aftermarket magnaflow street legal and i always passed smog but never been pull over, anyway if that is right then i should just put my oem back? and then what am i gonna do next right after i switch it back to stock? the letter didn't say that i need to show it to an officer to get it clear or sign off? thanks btw man
Old 03-29-12, 09:17 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

IMO this letter sounds specific to you and not a general warning. Seems like you are being cited for different violation codes. On the letter they give you the options to correct it before the suspension is issued. What confuses me is that the numbers they have on the letters you say don't work. How are you supposed to show you've corrected

What jgr7 also seems to make sense here unless you have a neighbor who hates you lol
Old 03-29-12, 10:02 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
IMO this letter sounds specific to you and not a general warning. Seems like you are being cited for different violation codes. On the letter they give you the options to correct it before the suspension is issued. What confuses me is that the numbers they have on the letters you say don't work. How are you supposed to show you've corrected

What jgr7 also seems to make sense here unless you have a neighbor who hates you lol
i know thats what im worried about too because lets just say i put back my stock on already then whats next? it says no further action required on my part??
Old 03-30-12, 10:09 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

I say throw your stock back on and keep lighting up the grass
Old 03-30-12, 10:10 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
I say throw your stock back on and keep lighting up the grass
for sure mang! haha i will just make it as a bolt on muffler so i can put my magnaflow back on after i get to clear things up with the dmv thanks alot tho!