IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Moisture in '12 Light Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 11:12 AM
yoegster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moisture in '12 Light Replacement

I posted this question in other Threads - I thought would be applicable - but didn't get a response.

Had the '12 lights put in as part of my TSB on my '11.

One light (driver side) - had tons of moisture (water) in it after a wash. It did dry/evaporate when left in the sun.

Dealer looked at it - tried to see if gaskets (?) where in correctly - they said they were. Washed, again moisture back. Good news - dealer acknowledges issue and is putting another light in on Tuesday.
I think they think it is a bad light.
Question is - I have read others have had this issue with '12 light install from TSB. Do folks know if this is an install issue or is a light housing (defect) issue.
The moisture is inside the lights glass (running down the glass) not inside the light (on the bulb).
Would just like to know more before I go back on Tuesday. I like at least sounding like I know what I am talking about
Thanks
Old 03-23-12, 07:58 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yoegster
I posted this question in other Threads - I thought would be applicable - but didn't get a response.

Had the '12 lights put in as part of my TSB on my '11.

One light (driver side) - had tons of moisture (water) in it after a wash. It did dry/evaporate when left in the sun.

Dealer looked at it - tried to see if gaskets (?) where in correctly - they said they were. Washed, again moisture back. Good news - dealer acknowledges issue and is putting another light in on Tuesday.
I think they think it is a bad light.
Question is - I have read others have had this issue with '12 light install from TSB. Do folks know if this is an install issue or is a light housing (defect) issue.
The moisture is inside the lights glass (running down the glass) not inside the light (on the bulb).
Would just like to know more before I go back on Tuesday. I like at least sounding like I know what I am talking about
Thanks
I bet there is a problem with the seal / glue around the glass, or it got in through the back. Hard to say if a bulb panel wasnt shut, of if it was a fact defect and the seal is bad around the light.
Prob just a bad light.
Old 03-23-12, 08:09 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any issues with mine
Old 03-23-12, 08:14 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a TSB for 2011??
Old 03-23-12, 09:48 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replacement 2011 headlights for the new 2012 headlights which fixes the bubble problem.