IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone else have any weird front end noise issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12, 10:19 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have any weird front end noise issues?

I have a 2007 IS250 with about 49k miles on it. It's been to the dealer numerous times for some cracking noises when I'm either slowing down or turning. The sounds were getting pretty bad and everytime I took it into the dealer I got the answer that it's a "normal noise." They would "clean and lube" the brakes and put everything back together. The "normal noise" would go away for a few days and come back. I'm by all means not a mechanic, but I'm also not an idiot. I basically know enough to get myself into trouble lol

Everytime I would take the car in I would say I think it's the brakes or wheel bearings. This time I decided to call corporate and ask for a regional technician to inspect my vehicle. They had the car for about 2 weeks and they ended up replacing my left front wheel bearing, rebuilding my brake calipers, resurfacing my rotors and install the low dust brake pads. A few months before I had my right wheel bearing replaced.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues like this. BTW I'm on my extended warranty and the only thing I had to pay for was the brake pad/shim kit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LexusService.pdf (238.7 KB, 377 views)
Old 03-31-12, 09:12 PM
boss22
Driver

suuup bro. i think I have similar issue. When I am braking and in the very last brake moment (just 1sec before car is completely stop) I hear something weird, It is coming out form the front wheels. My type that's noise is caused by brakes but my front wheel bearings are noisy during the normal driving too. I going to change brakes first then i am going to replace wheel bearings aswell. Can you describe your noise and tell me exactly when you're able to hear it the most? Thx
Old 04-01-12, 02:04 AM
sallydrive
Driver

I think I have the same problem...

Just to clarify, does it make that sound when you come to a stop and it makes noise from the last 3 miles to 0. And when you slowly lift the brake and the car begins to move also makes that noise like a spongy noise.

If that what you guys are talking about. I talked to the Master tech at my dealer, and he says that is how they were designed, nothing you can do about it.
Old 04-01-12, 07:15 AM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by sallydrive
I think I have the same problem...

Just to clarify, does it make that sound when you come to a stop and it makes noise from the last 3 miles to 0. And when you slowly lift the brake and the car begins to move also makes that noise like a spongy noise.

If that what you guys are talking about. I talked to the Master tech at my dealer, and he says that is how they were designed, nothing you can do about it.
Exactly!! The very last moment of braking it is make me weird noise. BUT I have noticed that weird noise its only when the brakes are warm...? Anyways I am going to try new rotors new pads and everything clean and lube properly then we'll see... I am going to replace my wheel bearing too (both on the front) they make noise from 70mph so they are already crap I bet... After get this all done I will write here if this help.
Old 04-04-12, 09:33 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Well I've been driving the car around alot since they replaced the wheel bearings and rebuilt the calipers. Everything sounds good so far. I'm not getting any crazy noises coming from the front end. I'll keep you guys updated if you're interested.