IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 05:14 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met

I need some opinion guys or what my options are. I placed the order on Oct 22,2011. They told me it would take 80-120 days to arrive. On the contract it even says approx. 80-120 days. I emailed him once a month for an update. Received the same reply each time " it's on schedule". Feb 20th, 2012 would be the deadline for 120 days. A week before i called him for an update he tells me the car will arrive at the end of the month meaning the car will be late. End of Feb comes, car still hasn't arrived. Tells me 6th and 16th of march it should arrive. I called him around 3pm today, he tells me car got there yest. He doesnt even call me to notify me which i think its terrible customer service on his part. I asked how they were going to compensate me since the car is almost a month late (25 days). The day I order my car, i asked what happens if the car doesnt arrive on time. he says i can void the contract. So I told him I want to void this contract and write up a new 1. I paid 47k including ttl and I want to redo a new contract for 46k. He said they will not compensate me in any way and the contract is not voided. The sales manager called me back, he told me they won't compensate me in anyway. I told him to issue me a check for my deposit back. He told me he can not because its non refundable. Told me if i want i can find an attorney to contact theirs when i kept insisting they didnt hold their their of the contract and it should be voided. So i asked not even extended warranty , he said no. So i said you wont even throw in floor mats. Told me to come in if I want to discuss this any further. Whats funny is they called me last week to set up an appointment to discuss my finance my options when my car hasnt arrived yet. Attached a copy of my contract

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/88637943.jpg/

What should I do?

Last edited by Nycxazn11; 03-16-12 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-16-12, 05:30 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

read the fine print on the sales agreement and see what options you have.
Old 03-16-12, 05:35 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 583 Likes on 393 Posts

Why do you want compensation? Do you not want the car anymore? I'd be excited that the car arrived, not pissed it was 20 days late, especially when they included "approximately" in their estimation of arrival date, which also included a range of 40 days.

But maybe that's just me.

Jeff
Old 03-16-12, 07:42 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Why do you want compensation? Do you not want the car anymore? I'd be excited that the car arrived, not pissed it was 20 days late, especially when they included "approximately" in their estimation of arrival date, which also included a range of 40 days.

Jeff

Because the car is late, he guarantee me it would arrive on time every time I called him. This is not a couple of days late. It's a month late, I did not receive an apology at all and as a customer of course I'm not happy. Never once he called to notify me it was going to be late. I had to call and call for an update each time and he gave me the run around.
Old 03-16-12, 07:55 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

So looking at the contract, it states you can void the contract if the car has not arrived within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. As far as I can tell, 120 days would put it at or close to Feb 19th. 30 days past that is March 20th. They have honored their end of the contract. I'm not sure you have any leverage in this case.
Old 03-16-12, 08:03 PM
birador
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange

Jeff
....above the special note states that they still have 30 days from the last day of estimate delivery for you to cancel and have a full refund on your side.i feel your situation but the dealer doesn't have any control with the production/delivery specially with the high demand,probably the best thing that i want to do if i will be on your shoes is to take the car and enjoy the benefit of driving a car on the color i want....
Old 03-16-12, 08:10 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I've never seen a special order take over 120 days. But with the problems in Jaoan the past year, it is possible. If you're looking for an escape clause, wait the 150 days. Otherwise you should be happy the car is arriving.
Old 03-16-12, 09:33 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they arent going to or need to compensate you since they have done what they needed to per the contract as stated above if you walk (assuming you got the deposit back) they dont care because its a rare car and will have no problems selling it for probably more than what you were under contract for. They know according to the contract they are fine and if you did recover anything in court it would only be your deposit nothing more which seeking legal representation would cost more unless you have a friend or family member who is an attorney and can call to scare them a bit and then at most again youll probably just get a refund on your deposit. I understand your pissed it took so long but you got exactly what you wanted thats easier to live with then almost everyone else that had to settle for some feature or combination in order to have the car "now". If I were the sales guy Id throw you some matts maybe even outta my own pocket/commission just to build a relationship Im sure the manager wouldnt have a problem but hey maybe they suck at doing business or you have been approaching this the wrong way and they are just tired of you. But yea...take the car and enjoy it as im sure its sweet.
Old 03-16-12, 09:43 PM
Egeiger
Driver

its still super *****ty customer service though and more should be expected from lexus. id fight for everything you can. Free car washes anything. your not buying some 15k car this is almost 50k and u deserve to be treated better.
Old 03-16-12, 09:52 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 583 Likes on 393 Posts

I didn't even read that contract before I posted last time. It clearly states that it is a non-refundable deposit, as well as stating that it may only be voided if the car is over 30 days late.

I agree it isn't the greatest customer service, but honestly I'd take the car and enjoy it.

Jeff
Old 03-16-12, 10:07 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let it pass... You got a brand new vehicle that came with all the options you want

If you think your dealership has not met your expectation on customer service... get back at them by bringing your car somewhere else for service/ maintenance

Good luck on your new car
Old 03-16-12, 10:17 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Come on man, you know you want the car...

And yeah, they held up their end, but I understand being frustrated. Trust me, every car part I've ordered has been late arriving pretty much.... Due to SEMA show, Japan, and companies Quickbooks accounts being "down"... It always sucks and im always mad too, but in the end, I'm happy I finally get it all
Old 03-16-12, 10:32 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

looking at the fine print, there isn't anything that you can use as leverage to try and reason that the dealership was in default of this contract (which it looks like they're not).

hindsight is 20/20, but you should've asked to write in additional incentives if the delivery date wasn't to your expectation. why would they offer any type of compensation AFTER the contract has been signed and your special-order 2is has been delivered? any leverage you had, you gave away as soon as you signed the paperwork.

now, if they do decide to kick in something above and beyond what you're paying for at no cost to you, great, but asking for it when you have ZERO leverage means you'll get get "no" for an answer every time.

cut your losses, go back to the dealership, and take ownership of your 2is.
Old 03-16-12, 11:10 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take the car and then complain to corporate and maybe they will kick you a gift card or something
Old 03-16-12, 11:14 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand what you mean about waiting and waiting and them not calling you... I've experienced a very similar situation when I tried to buy my IS a year and a half ago. Even though they aren't gonna give you anything extra, it's good you at least said something about it instead of saying nothing. In regards to customer service, that's not very good customer service from what it sounds like they did.

If it were me, I'd just take the car now if it came with everything you ordered. If possible, like someone else above said already, I'd go to a different dealership for future service needs.

Quick Reply: 2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met