IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 11:54 PM
marcuswaynethomas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like they've slipped through your fingers by now putting down an actual estimated delivery date. OP, have you and dealership already agreed on financing terms?
Old 03-17-12, 03:51 AM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by knwldge54
Seems like they've slipped through your fingers by now putting down an actual estimated delivery date. OP, have you and dealership already agreed on financing terms?

I will not be financing with them because I can get 2.16% from my own bank and they won't match that.
Old 03-17-12, 05:36 AM
Heckler
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I didn't even read that contract before I posted last time. It clearly states that it is a non-refundable deposit, as well as stating that it may only be voided if the car is over 30 days late.

I agree it isn't the greatest customer service, but honestly I'd take the car and enjoy it.

Jeff
I agree with this.

They are not 100% in control of when the car will arrive. They should have stated from the beginning that all times are estimates and are subject to change. In the end you are still getting a brand new never driven IS350 F-Sport.

The car is going to be awesome!
Old 03-17-12, 08:03 AM
goldzilla
Rookie

Call the whammbulance!!
Old 03-17-12, 08:21 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the others, and just enjoy the car. If you want to get back at them, give the salesperson that sold you the car a bad survey.
Old 03-17-12, 12:22 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take the car, go home and file a complaint with Lexus Corporate about their terrible customer service. The dealership wouldn't care about anything since they're honoring their end of the contract, but if you stick them with unsatisfactory customer service then corporate would certainly get involved.
Old 03-17-12, 01:42 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Service you're car elsewhere. Walk away and forfeit your 500 dollars if you wanna make them sit on the car for a while

That's terrible customer service.
Old 03-17-12, 04:17 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Take the car, go home and file a complaint with Lexus Corporate about their terrible customer service. The dealership wouldn't care about anything since they're honoring their end of the contract, but if you stick them with unsatisfactory customer service then corporate would certainly get involved.
I called them today to see if i can finish up the paper work and pick up the car today. Their respond was no, the car is not prep and they won't issue me a temp plate. The car has been there since thursday, they dont even notify me the car has arrive or even bother to prep to car so i can pick it up asap. They said they dont issue temp plates. The past 3 cars I bought had temp plates for 21 days. My friend bought a 2011 is350 f sport in red, he went in to shop for a car and drove the car home same day with temp plates. So, I go in there to finish the paper work. I tell the finance person I will not be taking a loan from them since I can get 2.11% from my own bank. She claims she can get me 1.89% but i told her I dont mind paying the xx $5 to my bank than rather give u my business. She's going through the #s and she finds an error. The tax was calculated wrong, I live in NYC and I'm buying the car from Long Island so its a diff tax. The difference was $108. I told them I had agreed to this price on the contract and it was your error not mine. My claim was I had told them my offer was for 47k including everything. So she goes get the sales manager, he comes in and tells me he wont negotiate with me at least 10x when i kept telling him it was your mistake and you guys are breaking the contract by adjusting the price. I dont care about the xx $100 but it's the principle. I tell him im buying a 50k car and this is the service you provide. His respond was I dont care just finish up this deal and pick up your car on wed and im not negotiating with you......
Old 03-17-12, 04:53 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Up until this last post, I WAS goin to agree with everyone and say just bite the bullet and take the car, but that sales manager sounds like a POS.... MY advice would be to contact the General Manager, and even the owner of the dealership at this point.

Make sure you keep your cool though, noone wants to help a irradical loud mouth customer. Explain the situation, how you were never contacted through the 120 days, how you really like this dealership (bull****) and it is sad that you had to go through this. As dumb as it may sound, someone who sounds "disappointed" will get more attention at a car dealership then someone who is complaining. Dealerships get away with a lot.
Old 03-17-12, 05:11 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

IF, and that's a BIG IF, that last story is true, I'd walk away from the deal and delaership.
Old 03-17-12, 05:16 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

All dealerships are same, for my pre-owned car i waited 2 weeks.
Old 03-17-12, 05:22 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

I chuckled a little at "client wishes to finance balance at lowest possible rate."

Oh, at the lowest possible rate. I see. What a generous guy
Old 03-17-12, 06:59 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

wow well I'm no legal expert but if they messed up initially and dont want to rectify the situation properly and be an douch bag.... get your deposit back and walk away and tell them they suck and good luck selling that car.
Old 03-17-12, 07:00 PM
01ES300NYC
Pole Position

What dealership is this?
Old 03-17-12, 09:13 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think complaining about $108 is really worth it when you're financing a brand new Lexus. You should really just accept what's happened since you can't start over without forfeiting what you've paid (and waiting again for ~120 days).

Get the car and get to modding. Not many people are ever blown away (in a good way) with a car dealership...

Quick Reply: 2012 IS350 FSport(USB) Special Order Car. Contract not met