IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus and Toyota Japan Contacts for Non-US Lexus here

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 11:51 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Lethargic and lazy dealer

For most Lexus owners outside US the customer service from the dealer is pretty much appalling to say the least. To make matters worse most cases there is just one dealer in the whole country so a customer is generally at the mercy of the dealer and has to be contended with whatever service is provided.

The dealers here don't acknowledge a problem in a customer's car and usually dismiss it as a normal thing. The customer's or owner's just leave it at that and that is one of the reasons why there aren't any TSB's or recalls for our cars here. They don't even log in a customers complaint or take the trouble of inspecting the car.

I had a few minor issues with my car like the dash rattling issue , wind noise etc. But I had to go nearly 3 times just to fix the infamous dash rattling issue. The service advisor just looks at me and smiles and tells " whats wrong with my car ?" I was like can't you hear it ?. He's like, the car's done 28,000 Kms (few months back) , this is normal and nothing to worry about . I was like Whaat ???

I kept bugging them and then on the third attempt after so much pestering they fixed it under warranty. It goes to think that these guys won't even bother doing anything unless you constantly pester them which most Lexus owners wont.

I have also come to understand that most customers just forget about it once the dealer says there is nothing wrong with the car. I do not agree with this attitude and blame the dealers for not doing their work of checking or registering a complaint against the car. After all we too pay a premium for the service of the car. It makes me think that it's the easiest work for the engineer's and quality control managers in these dealerships as they hardly get any cars to be tested or checked and I don't think Lexus Japan has any control over them.

Nevertheless I did some thorough searching and got just 2 email contacts of Lexus in Abu Dhabi and Toyota Japan. Here are the e-mail id's below for CL members to post about your sour experience with your dealer if any.

lexus.customercare@alfuttaim.ae
ap-overseas@mail.toyota.co.jp

Most of the time your mail just goes back to your dealer itself but they take you seriously after that though. I still haven't got any e-mail for Lexus Japan HQ

Me thinks most of these dealers don't even bother to analyze or try to solve the problem and that's whats annoying me more.I still have few problems in my car and I don't think they are going to solve it as just yesterday my dealers Quality control tech said all the problems stated below are normal in all IS's.

1) Central tunnel rattling noise -

2) Excessive wind noise when driving above 100 Kmph : Is this normal in your IS 250 / 350 ? He tells me that it's just wind hitting the windshield although I can hear it from the doors windows panes and as long as its not whistling noise this is normal it seems. Is he right ?

3) Excessive brake dust and no dustless brakes provided even as an option or for free(Like most of you guys get from your dealer).

4) Very loud road noise : OEM tires Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 - Ok this I can solve by putting better tires once the tread wears off on these.

5) Dash Rattling noise:- Solved. I asked him how did they amazingly even think of fixing this issue ? His reply was this was a known issue just recently and after repeated complaints , they worked on fixing it. So most of the time these guys just get paid to sit simply in the workshop and they work only when the matter gets escalated.

Last edited by stanjohn12; 03-16-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Appropriate title
Old 03-29-19, 10:37 PM
Abeebulla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a LEXUS GX 460 2015 model. The car has run 195000 Kilo Meters and all the services were done in LEXUS Center in Madina Road Jeddah(Abdul Lathief Jameel). Last week the car had developed transmission problem and was given to Lexus Center. They took one week to do test and informed me that the Gear Box has to be changed. The car was maintained by only
LEXUS Center until now and NO any symptoms or complaints before. I feel this is abnormal and LEXUS has to investigate and see why it has happened and should be repaired replaced with NO cost to the customer.
Thank You