IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Long 1st signal after LED flasher installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-12, 07:20 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Long 1st signal after LED flasher installed

I installed an LED flasher from JDMToy and rear LED turn signal bulbs. I like the look and it flashes at a normal rate except for the first time--the first flash is too long, about 2x longer than normal. Every other flash after this is normal, and the same thing happens every time I signal a turn or lane change.

Is it just a defective flasher (it unfortunately is the older kind that disables flashing on lock/unlock) or something else?
Old 02-10-12, 08:46 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know if it's the flasher or not but I have the same flasher that I bought off eBay instead. It flashes the same rate regardless whether I just turned it on or any other time.
Old 02-10-12, 08:54 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chi123
Don't know if it's the flasher or not but I have the same flasher that I bought off eBay instead. It flashes the same rate regardless whether I just turned it on or any other time.
Do you remember the seller? Do your flashers work when lock/unlocking?
Old 02-10-12, 09:01 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^yes please post this info! I'm gonna need a flasher soon and am looking into which one to buy

Was also thinking of possibly modifying my OEM flasher...
Old 02-10-12, 09:05 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rsg
Do you remember the seller? Do your flashers work when lock/unlocking?
Yeah, I remember the seller. The model I got is the "CF-18" and says 81980-50030. It's the same one everyone has for Toyota or Lexus. It doesn't flash when I lock or unlock the doors. The new "CF-19" works with the flashing of the signals when unlocking but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 02-10-12, 09:12 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
Keep in mind, they put the Lexus/Toyota part number to reference that it is to work in subtitue with the stock flasher. It is not the same as the stock flasher because Lexus/Toyota never made one that works with LED.
Old 02-10-12, 09:21 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chi123
Yeah, I remember the seller. The model I got is the "CF-18" and says 81980-50030. It's the same one everyone has for Toyota or Lexus. It doesn't flash when I lock or unlock the doors. The new "CF-19" works with the flashing of the signals when unlocking but I can't find it anywhere.
Do you have front and rear LEDs? I'm wondering if the problem is that I only have rear LEDs. Who was your eBay seller? I could have gotten one from a bad batch so I will order one from your seller.
Old 02-10-12, 09:22 PM
rsg
Pole Position

And if anyone knows where to buy the CF-19 flasher, please let us know.
Old 02-10-12, 09:24 PM
Sango
Pole Position

I tried to find CF-19s in the past... no luck.

Anyways, on the side, I should be recieving my new CREE + LED turn signal lights, which works with the stock flasher.
Old 02-10-12, 09:35 PM
Samieee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango

Anyways, on the side, I should be recieving my new CREE + LED turn signal lights, which works with the stock flasher.
Can you provide an update with a thread or post about those LEDs? LEDs that use stock flasher would be neat
Old 02-10-12, 09:55 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

I have the exact same $8 ijdmtoy flasher and the first blink is longer the the others. But it doesn't bother me. I also get flashing confirmation when I lock unlock my doors.
Old 02-10-12, 10:09 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Samieee
Can you provide an update with a thread or post about those LEDs? LEDs that use stock flasher would be neat
I will when I recieve them. Yep, error free and has a built in resistor built-in the LED housing itself, therefore it will work with the stock flasher.

Originally Posted by CCJ22
I have the exact same $8 ijdmtoy flasher and the first blink is longer the the others. But it doesn't bother me. I also get flashing confirmation when I lock unlock my doors.
That actually was my suspicion when I saw this as this video is on ijdmtoy's site a while ago and immediately notice the slightly longer first flash. Thought it was just because of the car it did that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdS6lL19Y7k&hd=1
Old 02-11-12, 12:55 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rsg
Do you have front and rear LEDs? I'm wondering if the problem is that I only have rear LEDs. Who was your eBay seller? I could have gotten one from a bad batch so I will order one from your seller.
First, I had only the front LED bulbs. I got into a car accident and the headlight along with the bulbs inside all got cracked. So I upgraded to LEDs since I never liked the "egg yolk" look that the stock amber bulbs gave. I never noticed the first flash being longer. I liked the look and the bulbs so I ordered a pair for the rears and it still doesn't flash longer on the first.

I would go outside and test it out to see if having only rear LED bulbs is the cause but no way do I want to take off my front bumper and headlights to test it out when it's so cold outside lol. I know it doesn't flash fast on the first with only front LEDs and with all 6 LEDs. This is the flasher I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Lexus...item2ebb5e55b8
Old 02-11-12, 10:40 AM
rsg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sango

Can you give us a link to the CREE bulbs you bought? I bought 96 SMD LEDs from eBay and they are very bright but I'd rather use the stock flasher (and if the CREEs are coming from China I'd rather place the order now).
Old 02-11-12, 10:58 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

I am also interested about those CREE+LED lights.
Sango, can you start a thread on those Cree bulbs once you receive them?

Quick Reply: Long 1st signal after LED flasher installed