Search this Thread

Old 01-25-12, 07:43 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
Altho LED strip is nice ...

It is.
I'd give up AFS for the LEDs in a heartbeat.
However,I like the black button trim are on the steering wheel on the pre '11 better than the silver accent..
Old 01-25-12, 07:48 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Kurtz. But still think the luxury pack is superior. FYI the illumined door sills on it IS aluminum, but it lights up "Lexus" too.

Plus you can add sport pedals and suspension but you can't add the rear auto sunshade. Well you can but it isn't feasible.
Old 01-25-12, 08:13 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what your budsget it. If $$ isn't a factor go as new as you can to have warranty longer but if it is a factor then I think 07-08 is the best.
Old 01-25-12, 08:24 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In regards to looks, I really like the 2011-2012 aggressiveness with the F-Sport package. Some people don't like the cosmetics on the 2011-2012 IS but I like them better than the previous years overall. It was a big reason why I bought a IS over some other cars I had in mind. The previous years looked a LOT better if they were modded (like many people do on this forum) but otherwise left at stock I felt the IS was too conservative. (I do like how the some of the earlier years had the white-color digital clock, X-Package, blue illuminated sills, and other little things).

For features though, the 2011-2012 IS F-Sport package does not have a lot of the luxury features like someone else mentioned.

Last edited by Wunko; 01-25-12 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-25-12, 09:58 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
Thanks Kurtz. But still think the luxury pack is superior. FYI the illumined door sills on it IS aluminum, but it lights up "Lexus" too.
I know... I have them on my sport package 2008 IS350.

But the "stock" sport package sills are simply non-illuminated aluminum, which is an upgrade from the base-package plastic ones, is why it was listed there.

Plus you can add sport pedals and suspension but you can't add the rear auto sunshade. Well you can but it isn't feasible.
Pretty sure at least one guy has added the sunshade and it wasn't that hard.... ah, here it is:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...shade-diy.html

Suggests it's pre-wired even on sport package cars

But price this out sometime- I suspect it'd be much more expensive to add the sport suspension and pedals and the sunshade, plus more labor (for the suspension bits)

Not to mention you'd still be stuck with woodgrain, which IMHO looks worse than the aluminum colored trim on the sport model. YMMV on that one though.

Originally Posted by jgr7
My 12 IS350C has memory seats both sides but no auto up windows for the rear windows on the drivers door. I have the AFS on my RX and not having that on the IS not even worth talking about. I have the Lux package.

The ISC is optioned differently.

The regular ISx50 sedan dropped passenger memory in 2011.
Old 01-25-12, 10:07 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I know... I have them on my sport package 2008 IS350.

But the "stock" sport package sills are simply non-illuminated aluminum, which is an upgrade from the base-package plastic ones, is why it was listed there.

Pretty sure at least one guy has added the sunshade and it wasn't that hard.... ah, here it is:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...shade-diy.html

Suggests it's pre-wired even on sport package cars

But price this out sometime- I suspect it'd be much more expensive to add the sport suspension and pedals and the sunshade, plus more labor (for the suspension bits)

Not to mention you'd still be stuck with woodgrain, which IMHO looks worse than the aluminum colored trim on the sport model. YMMV on that one though.

Originally Posted by jgr7
My 12 IS350C has memory seats both sides but no auto up windows for the rear windows on the drivers door. I have the AFS on my RX and not having that on the IS not even worth talking about. I have the Lux package.

The ISC is optioned differently.

The regular ISx50 sedan dropped passenger memory in 2011
I thought he had you,Kurtz.
I should have known.
Old 01-25-12, 11:11 AM
enlight
Driver School Candidate

Regarding retrofitting the power sunshade, the OP of that thread never did verify if it ended up working.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...shade-diy.html
Old 01-25-12, 04:32 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

The IS250C that the dealer showed me didn't have the seat memory and my sales man didn't think mine would, but it does. Were they always 3 memory buttons?

Last edited by jgr7; 01-25-12 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-25-12, 04:56 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

I would like to add the 06-08 models have the biggest side mirrors that's a win in my book lol
Old 01-13-15, 04:47 PM
soloist3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait...what years are not affected by the problems with dented roofs?
Old 01-13-15, 04:59 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kuuqi
I would like to add the 06-08 models have the biggest side mirrors that's a win in my book lol
You have been on here long enough to know most owners disliked them calling them dumbo ears. I think that was why lexus changed them when original owners sent in their surveys about the car.
Old 01-13-15, 05:29 PM
Trankill
Driver School Candidate

Wait, you guys forgot to mention AWD was introduced starting 2011. Not that it matters much to you guys down south, but for us canucks (Canadians), makes a difference in deep snow. But minor drawback, if AWD, then you only get 17" wheels matched with 225 45 17 tires... Lexus is being very conservative in regards to staggered configuration on AWD. Don't want to start another debate...

And correction on navigation 2010 and up, they are Gen6 based on an onboard Hard Drive, not usb. Map update is not for the faint of heart. You either have to pay the dealer, or physically extract the hd, and the rest should not be listed here... But you know what I mean.

Gen5 2009 and older are DVD based, quite easy to update.

Last edited by Trankill; 01-13-15 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-13-15, 06:34 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly, I woudn't focus too much on specific model year. They're all still great cars.

IMO newer is better, but most of the changes can be applied to an older model. It really comes down to $$$.

As far as steering goes, in my 06' I put in the 2012 ISF steering ECU, steering wheel damper and rear sway bar. Steering is so much better now. I remember driving on the highway would produce a floating feeling and I was always making constant little adjustments to the wheel. Not anymore! And when I put the car in sport mode, the wheel actually stiffens up (who am I kidding, it's always in sport mode).
Old 01-14-15, 12:41 AM
Re3iRtH
Driver

07 They added the shark fin on roof, disable traction control button, and bigger illuminated gas+trunk buttons.

08 They carved deeper slits in the front seat backs for more rear passenger leg room, adjusted the steering, and changed the OEM rims from hyper silver to liquid graphite color.

09 They updated slightly the front and back bumpers and lights. Changed driver side switches. I think they adjusted the steering again. Rims changed to "lobster claw" style.

10 They updated the Nav from DVD based to USB and updated the interface. Added silver trim to steering wheel and glove box. Updated the front and backs again. Added LED headlights. Loss AFS adaptive headlights.

11 I don't know lol. Rim style changed to 5 spokes? Added F-Sport package.

12 They they changed the color of temperature switches from green to red for heat, blue for cold.

As for packages, the Luxury pack is the most fully loaded. Then you have stand alone options like radar cruise control (super rare), parking assist, and headlight washers.

I'd get an 08+. Someone correct me on this info?

Check out the buyer's guide. Helped me a lot.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html
I have an '06 and it has a shark fin on roof. So double check that.
I heard an '06 is the fastest year from '06-'15 IS350s.. someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Old 01-14-15, 06:50 AM
DaleDoback
Driver School Candidate

The only thing I can add is that I have a 2010 IS350 w/ NAV and while it has some cool features and looks nice, I find it way more convenient to use my phone. The NAV on the car can be annoying at times. The voice command "im hungry" will display all the food joints in the area which is cool though.

I wish they made this car (the 350) in a manual transmission, otherwise I love it.

Quick Reply: Best year IS 350 to buy?