Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Not having rear seats that fold down!!!! lol
this one is the biggest complaint! other than that the aux placement
Old 01-19-12, 09:19 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexGirl33
vanity mirrors don't work anymore. The light burnt out or something.
that just means you are looking at yourself too much!
Old 01-19-12, 09:34 AM
Samieee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light quality and cutoff isn't too great. We have an Acura TL in the family and I only realized how bad the IS lights are after switching back and forth between the cars.

I absolutely hate the inability to enter new destinations into the GPS while the car is in motion
Old 01-19-12, 10:05 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

No mute button on steering wheel.
The digital clock looks cheap.
Old 01-19-12, 10:09 AM
is_baby
Lead Lap

Loud cracking/popping noises from the dash
Old 01-19-12, 10:18 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

the transmission. I dont like how it upshift and downshift so much in 5th and 6th gear, Also, the paddle shift is slow. Like when you upshift and it takes like 2-3 seconds to shift
Old 01-19-12, 10:27 AM
P Rock
Driver

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
That one isn't something common for the 2IS, if you got condensation in your headlight, check you have the weather covers over the back of the bulbs.
I checked the covers on the back of the headlights. They're seated properly... I searched this issue and it looks like other members have had the same issue and had it replaced under warranty. Even had a member that was told it's normal from the dealership
Old 01-19-12, 10:37 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by P Rock
I checked the covers on the back of the headlights. They're seated properly... I searched this issue and it looks like other members have had the same issue and had it replaced under warranty. Even had a member that was told it's normal from the dealership
i have the same problem with my driverside headlight. the dealer told me to bring it in when it has moister/condensation and is covered under warranty for 1 year or 50k bumper to bumper
Old 01-19-12, 10:42 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Just a few things... The shifting in the car is awkward and not very smooth. No heated steering wheel. Headlights cutoffs.
Old 01-19-12, 11:16 AM
RAMAIR
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LOVE the car -
HATE all of the little squeeks and rattles that come from..... EVERYWHERE

...took to the dealer they fixed the TSB for Dash Rattle... Now its just the other 85% of the car that seems to have small squeeks and rattles about!

Cant believe that no one mentions this as their biggest gripe, IT DRIVES ME NUTTS.....
Old 01-19-12, 11:50 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All very true, and I sure hope someone at Lexus is scanning the forums...

I agree with Kurtz on the TPMS - I absolutely couldn't believe the car didn't give tire pressure, only alerted you when it was low. After seeing it on CL I had to check the manual and ask the dealer to truly believe this was the case on a 2007 Lexus.

"Ventilated" and not truly cooled seats were a bummer too, until I figured out you can just block the under-seat air vents to the rear and end up with the same thing.

I'd like a true "Sport" mode button, regardless of package. I want it to sharpen the throttle and steering response. The 350's got a lot of power and is quick, but a sharper throttle response (when desired), would be a blast.

On a similar note, the paddle shifters are a complete gimmick. Essentially they just serve to make people think "Wow, it's got paddle shifters like an F1 car!" Then you drive it and realize it's not that. At all. The only purposes they serve are 1) enabling them to remove the L-2-3-4 options on the console gearshift and 2) looking cool. I say make them real paddle shifters or lose them.

One thing I haven't seen on here are the seats - I wish they were more bucketed and supportive. I'm not saying full on racing seats, but the side bolsters could definitely be more supportive - adjustable would be even better. With the 350's engine and the F-Sport rear sway I love driving spiritedly, but I don't feel held in place by the seats.

But by FAR the biggest gripe I have is with the squeaks and rattles. I know people's excuses are "Well it's the budget Lexus". That might be a viable excuse if other manufacturer's "budget" models actually squeaked and rattled like this! I've been in higher-mileage base Kia, Hyundai, Ford, etc cars and they don't rattle like the IS. Took me 5 trips to the dealer to get the dash rattle fixed for good, and still there are other little noises here and there that bug me. My two 1990 LS400s never squeaked or rattled, even up to 200k miles.
Old 01-19-12, 11:58 AM
robbieca
Driver School Candidate

Lack of real paddle shifters
IS350 engine noise (sounds like a cheap turbo at high revs)
Water runs off trunk and into car when opening (from below license plate, not window side)
TPMS - Real tire pressure or even just letting me know which tire has a problem)
Excessive warnings about low windshield washer fluid - Really, you need to use the "red !" for that?!
Premium fuel (if gas really does go to $5/gal)
Old 01-19-12, 12:06 PM
Authorize
Driver

Actually, come to think of it, I do notice that my car does rattle and squeak like there's no tomorrow whenever I pull into a driveway, etc. It gets particularly bad when I pull in from an angle.
Old 01-19-12, 12:30 PM
Gymniac
Lexus Test Driver

Lack of ISF-like true manual mode transmission.
Old 01-19-12, 01:29 PM
ISX50URRA
Driver

Originally Posted by joeker
placement of cupholder, placement of AUX input, and small backseat
I agree with the above statement also the quality of the Dash which mine is falling apart
but all in all the ISX50's are great cars!

Quick Reply: Your beef/gripes with the ISX50