IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - for an oops moment. Tried to replace cabin air filter without setting to circ.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 04:55 PM
Swiedeback
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know if a ct200h (2011) is prone to the same issue?

Like many, I strongl suspect my local oil change business screwed up my a/c by breaking something when they took the air filter out. When I went to pull the bottom panel (below the glove box and closest to the floor), the panel was loose. So, I suspect they knew they screwed it up by not putting it on recirc, and didn't tell me.

Now, my a/c rattles like crazy and shuts down.

Just curious if the ct200h is built the same way.
Old 11-11-16, 11:13 AM
shinbo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since this DIY is pretty pain in the *** for somebody that's not too handy like me, is there a way that I can keep air at recirculating mode in its broken state? I don't really care for the "fresh" air and would just roll my windows down if I really needed that fresh air.
Old 06-29-17, 11:26 AM
RickyPetit
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 gs350

I have the same problem in my 2012 GS350. Interestingly, the door moves properly as long as the fan is on low or medium. When the fan is on high, the suction created by the moving air closes the open door and renders the unit inoperable (making that terrible sound). I turn down the fan and manually open the door, it works again.

I started the repair last night but got stuck at the part where the knee airbag is removed. Despite removing 3 (slightly different locations than in the tutorial) 10mm screws, the airbag assembly still felt solid and wouldn't move.

Can anyone either, advise me on how to get the airbag out...or...direct me to a thread that deals with repairs in this area on my model...or...provide pictures from a GS? Thx
Rick
Old 06-30-17, 10:35 AM
jr4div2
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Rick,

You're in the IS forums. Not sure our cars are even close to similar in the area you're looking for help in. Maybe try the GS forum.
Old 07-24-17, 07:30 PM
APPLESEEDR
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone still has pictures avaliable for this fix? I want to do myself but afraid to make things worst.
Old 08-07-17, 10:04 AM
Arrta
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by APPLESEEDR
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone still has pictures avaliable for this fix? I want to do myself but afraid to make things worst.
Second this.. the 3rd party usage on photobucket has exceeded usage so the majority of the photos are missing, even on the photobucket account.
Old 08-14-17, 03:04 PM
thizhkboi
10th Gear

Default Anyone have the pictures

Originally Posted by APPLESEEDR
Third this.. I want to fix this myself and with the pictures it will help me tremendously.
Old 12-04-17, 05:15 AM
Skier76
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did this over the weekend. There was another thread I followed to change the actual broken part. It's a bit of a bear to get the job done. Getting everything out of the way wasn't bad, but splitting the housing, while it's still installed was some work. It was tough to get the old hood out and the new one in. But it's done now. And I put a note taped to the cover for the cabin filter about putting it on recirc before attempting to change the filter.
Old 12-06-17, 08:21 PM
srazfar
Driver School Candidate

There was another thread I followed to change the actual broken part.

What thread? Does it have the pictures?
Did you take the picture of your work sequence yourself to post it here??
Old 12-07-17, 02:13 AM
Normskii
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Take a look here...these are the pictures I had saved from the original thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...th-photos.html

Hope that helps and good fortune with any repairs.
Old 12-20-17, 07:50 AM
Skier76
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I do have a few pics. I'll post them here. Normskii's thread has some great pics in it.

I removed the actual hook since the tab that the arm mounts to was just barely hanging on. It was worth the effort! It's nice to have recirculate back; especially getting stuck behind a school bus in cold weather.
Old 12-20-17, 06:07 PM
APPLESEEDR
Driver School Candidate

thank you guys very much!
Old 11-13-18, 06:53 AM
Phantom_89
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for the DIY. I just did this fix over the weekend using JB Weld Plastic Bonder. I left on overnight and the arm was back in functioning order in the morning. I broke this when I did the first cabin air filter change years ago.
Old 06-23-20, 01:35 PM
svtec
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thread.. my arm didn’t break fortunately, it was just not totally connected and making that crazy loud noise like it was jamming when you would switch to fresh air.

Old 11-15-21, 08:29 AM
eduartel
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know how I can replace the part 8702030020 in a gs300?

Quick Reply: DIY - for an oops moment. Tried to replace cabin air filter without setting to circ.