IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking for damaged fender advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-12, 02:38 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Looking for damaged fender advice.

As a result of being to low, having wider tires, and not slowing down enough for driveways I've managed to bow out my drivers fender and bow/chew up my passenger fender

Since then I have raised my car to the point where the possibility of doing further damage is unlikely so I am considering options for repairs.

A) Have a body shop try and repair the fenders.

How much has it cost you to have this done? Is it possible to get the fender perfectly flat again?

The passenger fender was already repaired once when the place I got my wheels from had it fixed after screwing it up pulling into their garage. There was still a slight bow to it that the body shop said they couldn't get out.

Or
B) Buy two new fenders and have them sprayed? It looks like you can get new fenders online for about $125 each.
Old 01-09-12, 02:55 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my front fenders is jacked up too...sorta looks like bacon.

There's no way a body shop will fix it for less than $125 just for the work...not including the paint so I think you're best off buying new fenders.

The problem is that you will most likely need the whole front of the car repainted in order for the fenders to match, so it won't be cheap.

Where did you find fenders for $125? I might need a few myself.
Old 01-09-12, 03:12 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can get quality fenders for $125 I would do that. I think the metal on our fenders is so brittle might cost alot to have them fix and massage any imprefections out.

But hey i'm not a body man.

You have any pics of how low the car was when it did the damage. I'm running a similar wheel tire setup and want to go lower but want to see how low u went.
Old 01-09-12, 03:17 PM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should see my fenders. Haha. They ate **** in my driveway. It was enough to pull the rolled flat/slight pulled front left fender lip back down, and cut my tires on every left turn. Ended up raising the car one finger gap (currently at 2.5 horizontal finger gaps from fender to rim in the front). Went to a couple shops, and this one guy offered to flare my fenders doing custom work with sheet metal. It's called fabrication - it uses sheet metal and all of that good stuff to create fender flares. He said I'd have to do all 4 though since it would look weird if I didn't. he quoted me $400 a fender so yeah. I plan on going that route later, but as of right now, I'm more concerned about paying for school, so for now, I'm just gonna have it folded back in, roll it ridiculously flat, and cover it with a black bandaid sticker. LOOOL. :3