IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 IS350 Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-12, 08:52 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 IS350 Sport Package

Just wondering what kind of suspension (springs and shocks) was part of the sport package? And how much drop did those spring provide?

Would there be a difference if one were to install the F-sport springs? Or are the F-sport springs similar to sport package ones?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-12, 09:10 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

I far as I know the shocks are exactly the same between the different pkgs, but the Sports and X-pkg had the 2-3mm lower stance due to a minimally shorter OE spring. If you parked a non-sport pkg 2IS next to a sports pkg 2IS you would notice a difference in the fender, wheel gap though.

Now if you added an F-sport spring setup to the car you will get an inch I believe all the way around.
Old 01-09-12, 09:19 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by neomedic
Just wondering what kind of suspension (springs and shocks) was part of the sport package? And how much drop did those spring provide?

Would there be a difference if one were to install the F-sport springs? Or are the F-sport springs similar to sport package ones?

Thanks.
Just addressed this here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6933268-post11.html
Old 01-09-12, 09:25 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Thanks for the info Kurtz....

Since I have the sport package with the linear springs, is it worth to get the F-sport springs? I just got some 5 axis wheels and wanted a little more drop (like an inch) so that it looks better. But nothing to the "slammed" level. It is a daily driver.

Can I keep my current shocks and use the F-sport springs?

And a side note, why are linear springs better?
Old 01-09-12, 11:49 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by neomedic
Thanks for the info Kurtz....

Since I have the sport package with the linear springs, is it worth to get the F-sport springs? I just got some 5 axis wheels and wanted a little more drop (like an inch) so that it looks better. But nothing to the "slammed" level. It is a daily driver.

Can I keep my current shocks and use the F-sport springs?

And a side note, why are linear springs better?

Reasons I like linear springs:

Spring rate doesn't change, this makes handling more predictable when pushing the car

Spring rate doesn't change, which means you can properly match the shocks to the correct level of dampening. This is impossible with a progressive spring.... (and why you often hear some prog. spring folks refer to their ride as bouncy, harsh, or floaty over certain road conditions).

That said, you CAN switch to the F-sport springs for a little more drop and keep your sport package shocks... and the ride will probably be ok for most circumstances. If you're more concerned with looks than ultimate ride/handling that'll work fine.

If you want the best of both worlds and still want the car lower than it is your best bet will be buying adjustable coilovers from, say, BCR... you can get linear spring rates with correctly matched shocks and with infinitely (well, as far as it matters to you anyway) adjustable height. This will obviously cost more than just a set of springs though.
Old 01-09-12, 10:02 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

Guess I should stick with the OEM Sport package springs?? Even though it might look as good with only a slight drop, the ride sounds like it will better with Sport springs.