IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Easy Care Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 11:30 PM
Shervin021
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Care Warranty

anyone here have easy care extended warranty on the IS?
Old 01-08-12, 12:29 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't, but i'm wondering why you made this thread. Just to see who else has it or are you experiencing some issues with the warranty?
Old 01-08-12, 09:40 AM
Shervin021
Driver

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I don't, but i'm wondering why you made this thread. Just to see who else has it or are you experiencing some issues with the warranty?
opps sorry the reason i made this thread is i was wondering if anyone know if this warranty covers ML nav system?

as the site mentioned:
What is Not Covered

EasyCare® repair plans cover the cost of repairing critical components, engines, transmissions and much, much more. Just check out the detailed lists under What’s Covered and you’ll see the extensive protection EasyCare provides. But there are a few things EasyCare repair plans don’t cover, including:

Pre-existing conditions
Certain routine maintenance items, such as wiper blades, light bulbs, etc.
Repairs that are performed without prior authorization. See How to File a Claim.
Failures caused by negligence, misuse or abuse, or continued operation when there is prior evidence of a mechanical problem
Failures caused by a lack of maintenance. See Coverage Eligibility in EasyCare Extended Warranty Plans
Failures caused by any external cause such as collision, theft, freezing, fire, vandalism, riot or explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood
Failures caused by any part damaged by fire
For TotalCare® and StatedCare™, tire or wheel damage due to traffic accident, improper inflation, overloading, dry rot, tread separation, defective tire or curb impact damage
For TotalCare and StatedCare, wheel damage as a result of continued operation on a flat tire

just to see peoples experience with this extended provider services.
Old 01-08-12, 01:25 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see why it wouldn't, but the best way to know for sure is to call the company and inquire from them for an official answer as to whether or not the ML + Nav would be covered.
Old 01-08-12, 06:28 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First off, there are at least 4 different EasyCare plans.

Second, "ML nav system" is not one item. It is many items. It is comprised of the CD player, ML speakers, wiring system, navigation screen, radio, etc.

I'm going to assume you're looking at TotalCare. A Google search would bring up this page, listing all the covered components: http://www.easycare.com/ExtendedWarr...TotalCare.aspx.

If you don't see it on that list, it's not covered.

You'll see that it covers CD player, radio, and speakers under "Electrical System". However, it expressly does not cover navigation, as that is not listed anywhere. This is the most critical component of the ML system.
Old 01-08-12, 10:56 PM
Shervin021
Driver

Contacted easy care today to find out about their warranty services, according to the rep their warranty covers anything other that the regular tear and wear, as long as the navi came in installed from factory but only with EASY CARE, TOTAL CARE PLAN

Originally Posted by calvin2376
First off, there are at least 4 different EasyCare plans.

Second, "ML nav system" is not one item. It is many items. It is comprised of the CD player, ML speakers, wiring system, navigation screen, radio, etc.

I'm going to assume you're looking at TotalCare. A Google search would bring up this page, listing all the covered components: http://www.easycare.com/ExtendedWarr...TotalCare.aspx.

If you don't see it on that list, it's not covered.

You'll see that it covers CD player, radio, and speakers under "Electrical System". However, it expressly does not cover navigation, as that is not listed anywhere. This is the most critical component of the ML system.