IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I am shocked at the amount of "Mark Levinson" IS250s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-12, 08:31 PM
sleeper24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
not only that, despite what some adds say, you can't get lux AND sport AND premium. They're all mutually exclusive packages. Most people selling a 2IS don't understand optioning on the car at all.

99% of ads I see calling a 2IS fully loaded are lying.
Kurtz,

Can you or anyone on here explain what packages you can get with one another? Since having all the packages is not possible.
Old 01-06-12, 08:45 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper24
Kurtz,

Can you or anyone on here explain what packages you can get with one another? Since having all the packages is not possible.
None. They are all separate.
Old 01-06-12, 09:02 PM
sleeper24
Driver School Candidate

istarzan,

Thank you! That clears up a lot of things.
Old 01-06-12, 09:16 PM
grondie
Merkur Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And here is a list of what options come with what package, scroll down to item #3:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html
Old 01-06-12, 09:41 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

from the responses it makes me think my car is super rare
Old 01-06-12, 09:54 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
Yep...you have what I have, but mine is black/tan....enjoy what you have...I'm sure it'd be near impossible to find another exactly like yours.
Old 01-07-12, 12:42 AM
okiu
Driver School Candidate

very jealous
Old 01-07-12, 07:14 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

When I bought my car (long time ago) there were ONLY MLs available in the 350. Maybe its the region.
Old 01-07-12, 10:49 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
Probably the rarest option is ML without Nav, as it only exists on special orders (and I think was dropped entirely a year or two ago)... in ~5 years on here I've only ever seen one other besides mine

PCS would be the next rarest option, and I've only seen a handful of those... (and it was dropped for the 2011 and up models)... this is the option most often missing on cars that claim to be "fully loaded"

Those are the only things I'd really consider SUPER rare... though ML (with nav) is certainly at least pretty uncommon, and the next most likely thing to be missing from supposed "loaded" cars after PCS
Old 01-07-12, 11:20 AM
grondie
Merkur Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Probably the rarest option is ML without Nav, as it only exists on special orders (and I think was dropped entirely a year or two ago)... in ~5 years on here I've only ever seen one other besides mine

PCS would be the next rarest option, and I've only seen a handful of those... (and it was dropped for the 2011 and up models)... this is the option most often missing on cars that claim to be "fully loaded"

Those are the only things I'd really consider SUPER rare... though ML (with nav) is certainly at least pretty uncommon, and the next most likely thing to be missing from supposed "loaded" cars after PCS
Very true, I've never seen a reg 2IS with PCS, and only 1 IS-F with it installed. It's a shame, since radar cruise is a really cool feature..
Old 01-07-12, 12:08 PM
smackman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HSTexan
I would say it's less of an age thing and more of a hobbies/interest thing. I know plenty of people over 30 who are "audiophiles" by many standards and would prefer the premium audio system in their car. Granted there are more in the younger generations interested in this, but I believe it's deeper rooted than just saying older generations don't care about premium audio.
My last 2 Cars 3 cars had the best premium sound offered for that model.... A 1997 Nissan Maxima with a Bose system..... A 2007 Toyata Avalon with there best premium sound and a 2011 Ford Taurus limited with 12-speaker Sony-branded premium audio system.

What would the ML give most Drivers that would make a difference in the sale?

Honestly, I do not know what else I would want out of my 2011 ISC 250 sound system. It sounds great to me and the spouse. Jamming in Louisiana.

What is the cost of the ML add on?
Old 01-07-12, 12:25 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Originally Posted by smackman
What would the ML give most Drivers that would make a difference in the sale?
7.1 surround from 14 speakers (of higher quality and clarity) and when combined with the navigation, a 6-disc in dash DVD changer

Honestly, I do not know what else I would want out of my 2011 ISC 250 sound system. It sounds great to me and the spouse. Jamming in Louisiana.

What is the cost of the ML add on?
Not sure about cost (when new at least), but essentially you have answered your own question. You don't know what else you could want from it because you haven't had the chance to listen to one yet. Perhaps you can't tell the differences between stock and ML stereos and for you there is no benefit (unless you want the DVD player).

For comparison, it is essentially the same as someone who doesn't know why people like expensive $150 Kobe beef steaks because their $20 local butcher ribeye tastes just fine. That may be the case and they may be excellent, but if you haven't tasted one or then you just don't know. Likewise, perhaps you can't tell the difference between the two and then there is no benefit of the added cost.
Old 01-07-12, 12:52 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Listining to ML and stock, is night and day as the difference is noticable.
Old 01-07-12, 01:26 PM
smackman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I like Kobe Sashmi

Originally Posted by HSTexan
7.1 surround from 14 speakers (of higher quality and clarity) and when combined with the navigation, a 6-disc in dash DVD changer

Not sure about cost (when new at least), but essentially you have answered your own question. You don't know what else you could want from it because you haven't had the chance to listen to one yet. Perhaps you can't tell the differences between stock and ML stereos and for you there is no benefit (unless you want the DVD player).

For comparison, it is essentially the same as someone who doesn't know why people like expensive $150 Kobe beef steaks because their $20 local butcher ribeye tastes just fine. That may be the case and they may be excellent, but if you haven't tasted one or then you just don't know. Likewise, perhaps you can't tell the difference between the two and then there is no benefit of the added cost.
Actually, I have had Wagyu Kobe Beef; I mean Hell I own a Lexus! LOL Honestly, I would rather have a good dry aged bone in ribeye; Kobe just to fatty for me.

NOW Kobe sashmi is excellent if you can find a Restaurant that knows what they are doing like David Burke's Primehouse in Chicago; I highly recommend this place but bring the bucks!

All I am saying is I believe to most consumers, the ML system is not a take it or leave it selling point. I have a 6 CD changer..... Just pickin chicken

Now, My surround sound system at my House, that is a different story. A Denon AVR-4810CI A/V Receiver with everything needed to compliment that Receiver. It compliments our Mitsubishi HC9000D 3D SXRD Projector. Like my 3D...
Old 01-07-12, 01:40 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Actually, I have had Wagyu Kobe Beef; I mean Hell I own a Lexus! LOL Honestly, I would rather have a good dry aged bone in ribeye; Kobe just to fatty for me.

NOW Kobe sashmi is excellent if you can find a Restaurant that knows what they are doing like David Burke's Primehouse in Chicago; I highly recommend this place but bring the bucks!

All I am saying is I believe to most consumers, the ML system is not a take it or leave it selling point. I have a 6 CD changer..... Just pickin chicken

Now, My surround sound system at my House, that is a different story. A Denon AVR-4810CI A/V Receiver with everything needed to compliment that Receiver. It compliments our Mitsubishi HC9000D 3D SXRD Projector. Like my 3D...
Well I wasn't specifically saying you personally about the Kobe haha. For a lot of people it isn't a take it or leave it option, but for some it's something they want. For me, I know I'll have this car for many years to come so I wanted it equipped exactly like I wanted it. For me, the ML was a crucial option that any car I was looking at needed to have.

Also, stock audio is 6 disc CD changer...ML systems are 6 disc DVD changer...you can watch movies in a ML car.

Quick Reply: I am shocked at the amount of "Mark Levinson" IS250s for sale