IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I am shocked at the amount of "Mark Levinson" IS250s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-12, 04:05 PM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally just wanted the IS350 fully loaded - ML, luxury package and everything, but to no avail. They were impossible to find for a good price, at least for me. I found some lawyer who was selling his 07 IS350 - SGM, sports package, fully loaded cept for ML. Only 26k miles! He gave it to me for 24k when he was asking for 28/29k. I figured, for the price, I could pass on ML. You can always upgrade your system. ;]

And you can def have an IS350 in the snow...! You just need some good snow tires and to know how to drive. ;P
Old 01-05-12, 04:18 PM
okiu
Driver School Candidate

What would be some good aftermarket systems that would rival or sound better than ML systems?
Old 01-05-12, 05:00 PM
tBayBoi20
Driver

i cant complain about my non ML's speaker system at all but after hearing one, i do realize what all the hype is about. but upgrading to an aftermarket speaker system is an option. it all just depends on what you are looking for in terms of sound. sometimes upgrading with aftermarket is the better choice.
Old 01-05-12, 06:49 PM
sleeper24
Driver School Candidate

I too am in the market for an isx50 with ML as well but am willing to wait for it.
Old 01-05-12, 07:59 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Originally Posted by istarzan
If you think IS250s equipped with ML are rare, try looking for an IS350 with ML. Nearly impossible. They didn't make many with ML, just keep searching and take your time. GL.
This...I flew up to Wisconsin from Mississippi to buy my IS350 because it had the ML. I've been called crazy by so many people because they just don't understand how hard it is to find the exact car you want AND have the ML too. I'm actually pretty sure the dealership I bought it from didn't know what they had because no one understood when I explained it and they gave me a pretty good deal IMO. I found after I got mine that a friend in Texas has a coworker that flew out to California to pick up his IS350 as well because he was looking for the ML as well.

You might have to open your search a bit...you might have to be willing to travel a bit to pick it up or be willing to ship it. Keep looking and you'll find the right one though.
Old 01-05-12, 08:16 PM
sleeper24
Driver School Candidate

Just want to make sure I have my facts right. Even if the owner of the car got all the options (Lux, sport, nav, & premium) for the car, if the dash does not contain the ML logo by the CD player that means the car does not have the ML system right?
Old 01-05-12, 08:19 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Originally Posted by sleeper24
Just want to make sure I have my facts right. Even if the owner of the car got all the options (Lux, sport, & premium) for the car, if the dash does not contain the ML logo by the stereo that means the car does not have the ML system right?
Correct...the Mark Levinson stereo was a standalone option and was not a part of any packages. Unless that headunit says Mark Levinson on it, it doesn't have it.
Old 01-05-12, 10:13 PM
ronricorum
Pole Position

didnt know ML was that rare, i have a 2009 IS250 sport package with ML and got it for $24,800 with 15k miles. i didnt even know about it nor the person i bought it from, kuz the lady was a teacher that wanted to get the new camaros lol
Old 01-06-12, 04:22 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper24
Just want to make sure I have my facts right. Even if the owner of the car got all the options (Lux, sport, nav, & premium) for the car, if the dash does not contain the ML logo by the CD player that means the car does not have the ML system right?
not only that, despite what some adds say, you can't get lux AND sport AND premium. They're all mutually exclusive packages. Most people selling a 2IS don't understand optioning on the car at all.

99% of ads I see calling a 2IS fully loaded are lying.
Old 01-06-12, 04:58 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

+1 on this. I had to set the person I bought it from straight on that, did get it cheaper though because of that so I was

Originally Posted by Kurtz
not only that, despite what some adds say, you can't get lux AND sport AND premium. They're all mutually exclusive packages. Most people selling a 2IS don't understand optioning on the car at all.

99% of ads I see calling a 2IS fully loaded are lying.
Old 01-06-12, 11:58 AM
okiu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ronricorum
didnt know ML was that rare, i have a 2009 IS250 sport package with ML and got it for $24,800 with 15k miles. i didnt even know about it nor the person i bought it from, kuz the lady was a teacher that wanted to get the new camaros lol
Wow... that is a great price!!
Old 01-06-12, 01:41 PM
smackman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, for this 54 year old, ML sound systems means absolutely nothing. I do believe the ML system means little to most Consumers or Lexus would have more of them in there Cars. Definitely a age thing here IMO.
Old 01-06-12, 02:41 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Originally Posted by smackman
Well, for this 54 year old, ML sound systems means absolutely nothing. I do believe the ML system means little to most Consumers or Lexus would have more of them in there Cars. Definitely a age thing here IMO.
I would say it's less of an age thing and more of a hobbies/interest thing. I know plenty of people over 30 who are "audiophiles" by many standards and would prefer the premium audio system in their car. Granted there are more in the younger generations interested in this, but I believe it's deeper rooted than just saying older generations don't care about premium audio.
Old 01-06-12, 03:02 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HSTexan
I would say it's less of an age thing and more of a hobbies/interest thing. I know plenty of people over 30 who are "audiophiles" by many standards and would prefer the premium audio system in their car. Granted there are more in the younger generations interested in this, but I believe it's deeper rooted than just saying older generations don't care about premium audio.
I'm in my 50's and would love the ML system.
Then again,I'm in my 50's but still feel like I'm in my 30's.
Old 01-06-12, 03:23 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Ha i'm the opposite, late 20's feel like late 50's, or at least what I imagine it will be.

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I'm in my 50's and would love the ML system.
Then again,I'm in my 50's but still feel like I'm in my 30's.

Quick Reply: I am shocked at the amount of "Mark Levinson" IS250s for sale