IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Package option and payment option

Old 01-02-12, 03:27 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Package option and payment option

Hi everyone,

I am mailing my exhaust to another member here on CL, and I was wondering what would be a good way to deal? Should I have the buyer use paypal or other forms of payment that's safe? And should I wait for the payment to clear the bank first before mailing my item out?

Also, I realized my vehicle has the "enviro guard" package from Lexus. Does anyone else have this package from dealer? It's supposed to protect exterior against sun and environmental contaminant, and interior against leather wear and tear ..

As always, your inputs are super greatly appreciated

Happy new year everyone
Old 01-02-12, 03:30 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Wait for payment to clear first.

For the package, I forgot what it was called but it's like an ultracoat they apply to your paint and interior for ease of care and maintenance. I think it was $1200? Don't really think its neccessary though.
Old 01-02-12, 04:16 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Payment by PayPal is usually pretty safe. Thats the method I have used when conducting business on this forum. If the other member is paying by check, wait for the check to clear first before you send the exhaust out. Or ask for a cashier's check.

As for the package, I heard of it and heard various dealerships offer it. IMHO it was a waste of money for the price they were asking. I figured I could maintain my car just as good for a tenth of the cost. But to each his/her own. If you have the $$$ to spend and you want to do get the package, get it. Good luck.
Old 01-02-12, 11:04 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Thanks for your responses
Old 01-02-12, 11:34 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

non-cc (credit card) paypal payment that is not sent as a "gift" payment. the alternative to paypal is amazon payments, but i've only used it once.

definitely wait for the money to clear the bank first before shipping anything, and make sure the buyer is 100% aware of this.

also, if possible, deal with those with positive itrader feedback scores. ask and expect explanations for neutral/negative itrader feedback.

for local sales, cash is king, no exceptions. no fees, no waiting for funds to clear the bank, no hassle.

at the end of the day, you're the seller, you call the shots. as paranoid as this entire post seems, you can never be too careful.
Old 01-03-12, 05:45 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Pay pal would be my first choice, if its going to be a check or money order I would wait for it to clear before shipping the item. If its local cash is always good. Personally i've had great experiences buying from members on this (and other) forums but with all the cyber scams and BS going on now you can never be to careful.

No idea on the package question.
Old 01-08-12, 08:12 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
non-cc (credit card) paypal payment that is not sent as a "gift" payment. the alternative to paypal is amazon payments, but i've only used it once.

definitely wait for the money to clear the bank first before shipping anything, and make sure the buyer is 100% aware of this.

also, if possible, deal with those with positive itrader feedback scores. ask and expect explanations for neutral/negative itrader feedback.

for local sales, cash is king, no exceptions. no fees, no waiting for funds to clear the bank, no hassle.

at the end of the day, you're the seller, you call the shots. as paranoid as this entire post seems, you can never be too careful.
So we're doing this thru paypal. What kind of payment should I ask for thru paypal? And is there any risks involved and is there any processing fee? Any other things to watch out for? I did not get much out of reading the paypal website...

Thanks !