IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Personalizing my IS and changing some features for NEWBIES like me

Old 12-30-11, 07:51 AM
sung3d
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Personalizing my IS and changing some features for NEWBIES like me

Since I got my 2010 IS 250 AWD about a month ago, I've been trying and enjoying many options/features.
But still there has been some features that I wanted to change and thanks to great threads from CL here is list of changes I made. I am sure many of you guys already know these stuff but hey I just wanted to share what I have done to mine and hopefully this benefit some newbies
I am sure everyone is different and has his/her own preferences, but these are what I wanted to fit my flavor.

1. I turned off annoying beeping sounds for not wearing seatbelts (trust me I do wear them eventually)
Here is how I turned it off.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/1588110-post28.html

2. I changed unlock button on key fob to open all 4 doors instead of driver side only.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-you-know.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ock-doors.html

3. Also I changed automatic lock/unlock features the way I liked (Auto lock when out of P, Auto lock when over 13mph, Auto unlock when into P)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/1911047-post26.html
You can read owner's manual page 41 for offline reference

4. Then for the rest of options I had to took it to Lexus dealership.
- Unlocking all 4 doors when driver side door handle is touched.
- Turn off headlight when turned off IS and open door (No headlight delay)
This was done at dealership for free of charge even though I bought the Pre Owned Lexus at another dealership.
Then next day I wanted to make another change below and drove to the same Lexus dealership, they did it again for free
- Press and hold unlock button on key fob to lower all 4 windows.

Some other little tips.

Using Satellite switches located left side of steering wheel, I changed speed and tach indicator setting so the speed/tacho indicator ring color in dashboard would change to yellow at certain speed/rpm.

If you have front door seal lights (Illuminated Scuff Sill Plates), it will only illuminated when door button(at the light console unit at the front center inside) is turned on.

When you put into R gear, side mirror will automatically angle downward if your side mirror switch is either R or L.

If you have a driving position memory set by pressing SET button and any of L1, L2, L3 button, you can also set it to go to preferred position when door is unlocked. (including steering wheel and sidemirror positions)
To do so 1. Turn off engine
2. While press desired button (L1, L2 or L3) press and hold unlock button until you hear beeps.

These are all little things but very convenient features if you set it the way you want it.
If there is any other tips please add and share with us.
Hope you all enjoy your ISx50!

Last edited by sung3d; 12-30-11 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-30-11, 08:19 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool stuff! Thanks for putting everything in one place!
Old 12-30-11, 09:38 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the seat belt chime is a good thing~ just cuz your in a parking lot going 2mph doesn't mean some idiot cant slam into you...
Old 12-30-11, 10:13 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Great thread
Old 12-30-11, 12:37 PM
Egeiger
Driver

isn't the mirror tilt only an option for certain packages?? or is it on all?
Old 12-30-11, 01:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Handy having it all in one place. However, this is all in the owners manual- something every Lexus aficionado should read once they get their car.
Old 12-30-11, 01:34 PM
onelight17
Driver School Candidate

this is GREAT!! thanks a lot.. do u know how to put the windows back up and the shut off the moonroof after u put everything down? i already knew that part but it was annoying to turn the car back on to shut everything off agian lol
Old 12-30-11, 01:47 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
I think the seat belt chime is a good thing~ just cuz your in a parking lot going 2mph doesn't mean some idiot cant slam into you...
I like the chime. I always put my seat belt on, but some friends of mine don't. So, I'll be like hey dude, if you don't want that annoying chime, better put on your seat belt.
Old 12-30-11, 01:49 PM
sung3d
Rookie

Originally Posted by onelight17
this is GREAT!! thanks a lot.. do u know how to put the windows back up and the shut off the moonroof after u put everything down? i already knew that part but it was annoying to turn the car back on to shut everything off agian lol
No, you can't do that in U.S. version. You can use physical key and put it in the door hole and turn and hold to raise all windows up but that requires popping off the plastic cover, etc.
So no. you have to turn the power on and roll all windows up. If you haven't opened the door even if you turn the power off, you should still able to rolled the windows up using window button on the door.
Old 12-30-11, 01:50 PM
sung3d
Rookie

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I like the chime. I always put my seat belt on, but some friends of mine don't. So, I'll be like hey dude, if you don't want that annoying chime, better put on your seat belt.
Yup, personal preference. You can either turn on or off. Good thing you don't have to visit Lexus dealership for this.
Old 12-30-11, 01:52 PM
sung3d
Rookie

Originally Posted by Egeiger
isn't the mirror tilt only an option for certain packages?? or is it on all?
Plz someone verify this. It works on mine but not sure if this is standard feature or not.
Old 12-30-11, 03:09 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sung3d
Plz someone verify this. It works on mine but not sure if this is standard feature or not.
side mirror tilt in reverse only comes on the luxury or sport (NOT F-sport) packages.

You mention of linking the memory settings to a given keyfob (which I knew about) leaves me curious if it's possible to link a smartcard to a memory setting... the smartcard has no lock/unlock buttons (or any other buttons) so I wonder how you'd do it, or if you even can...
Old 12-30-11, 06:14 PM
Egeiger
Driver

i was digging around and read in many places that if your car has memory seats in the USA it will have the auto tilt mirrors.

If it doesn't have memory seats then it does NOT have tilting mirrors.
Old 12-30-11, 10:43 PM
Ill350
Driver School Candidate

thanks i want to have the unlock all doors and windows
Old 12-31-11, 07:00 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Egeiger
i was digging around and read in many places that if your car has memory seats in the USA it will have the auto tilt mirrors.

If it doesn't have memory seats then it does NOT have tilting mirrors.
correct- the memory seats also only come on the Lux and Sport (NOT F-sport) package in the US

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Personalizing my IS and changing some features for NEWBIES like me