IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 07:35 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man , I feel your pain and I can only imagine how you would have cursed that person. I hope he or she rots in hell. I too do the same thing as you do. i park it either near other expensive car's and not big *** SUV's and as far away as possible. But I try to get out of the mall within half an hour to see if anyone has done anything to my baby.
Old 12-22-11, 08:02 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate it when people do that. Especially the kinds of people who you usually see at Walmart.

I try not to go to Walmart with my IS and when I do go, I usually go when it's not too crowded like in the late evening. I don't like waiting in those big lines.
Old 12-22-11, 08:22 AM
is_baby
Lead Lap

Peoples disrespect and carelessness pisses me off. I left my car for one hour FAR away from any other cars and come back to see a shopping cart right next to my car along with a damn gouge in my back bumper. Grrrr
Old 12-22-11, 08:28 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Ouch! I'm sorry this had to happen to you. Wal-Mart, the mall, grocery store parking lots- they're all the same, especially during special occasions. You'll find countless car owners who drive crappy cars and don't care who they ding or scratch. As far away as you parked, Wal-Mart's lots are highly known for the idiots who park in very "creative" ways just so they can get a parking spot and do their shopping. Hopefully it isn't too deep for repair.
Old 12-22-11, 08:35 AM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Usually I don't even bother taking my car to Wal-Mart, if anything I'll carpool
Sorry to hear this though. Where are you in Florida?
Old 12-22-11, 08:35 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah, I would have shattered everyone's windows. Blame everybody.

I park away from ugly cars, nice cars that have deformities, and especially foliage of ANY kind.

Sorry to here about your misfortune OP...
Old 12-22-11, 08:37 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh! And does anyone park real far away and come back to two cars parked next to them and still a bunch of empty spaces around!?
Old 12-22-11, 08:40 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I am really wondering if this was some sort of a hate crime or completely done on purpose.

What are the odds of you parking WAY in the back, far enough to not be close to any other cars, only to come back and see your car dented, and nobody parked beside you.

As far as I can see, this was no accident, or act of carelessness. Who ever did that, did it on purpose.

I can see these tools... "OOH look at the brand new shiny Lexus. They must really like to protect their car by parking all the way back. Lets go ding it on purpose".

If I was you, I'd go ask for video footage if it is available so you can see what happened. Sorry to see this and good luck.
Old 12-22-11, 08:56 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

no matter how far or remote the spot is that i park at, there is always a nice rusted 91" corolla parked inches from my car when i get out...i feel for ya man
Old 12-22-11, 08:59 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks when you try so hard to protect it, and sometimes there's things totally out of your control that occur.

Remember, Karma's a b1tch though.
Old 12-22-11, 09:24 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Something similar hapened to me. 3m rubbing compound buffed it right out.
Old 12-22-11, 09:25 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

sorry to see that.....I feel your pain

my rear bumper was scratched by someone
Old 12-22-11, 09:40 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I am really wondering if this was some sort of a hate crime or completely done on purpose.

What are the odds of you parking WAY in the back, far enough to not be close to any other cars, only to come back and see your car dented, and nobody parked beside you.

As far as I can see, this was no accident, or act of carelessness. Who ever did that, did it on purpose.

I can see these tools... "OOH look at the brand new shiny Lexus. They must really like to protect their car by parking all the way back. Lets go ding it on purpose".

If I was you, I'd go ask for video footage if it is available so you can see what happened. Sorry to see this and good luck.
^^^^ completely agree. ****ing hate those jealous wallmart low lives. Drives me crazy. People work hard to have nice things and those ****erks live on link cards sit on the couch, eat chips and watch TV all day. And then when they see a nice car they let the grief out by damaging it.
Old 12-22-11, 09:47 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I try to park next to clean looking cars if I can find one. Otherwise, I'll park close to where ever I want to go. I just accept my car will be dented :/
Old 12-22-11, 09:49 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go more like in like the middle to close to the front area instead.

Usually the back, more suspectable to stick out for things like that to happends instead since it is more like the odd man out, even thou it appears to better that way.

Last edited by Sango; 12-22-11 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!