Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to CL Kitty2IS!

Originally Posted by HeartmyIS
I been here for about 2 years already...just been MIA
Originally Posted by Vroomin350
^ wow, your a girl?

This whole time I thought you were an overly feminin guy
This reminds me of Pirooz's discovery that Siu is a woman.
Old 12-13-11, 08:19 AM
onelight17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitty2IS
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, this is my first post! I just wanted to say hi. A lot of my friends think IS is a guy's car, but I think it looks quite elegant with girls, too! My dad just bought me a pre-owned 2010 pearl white IS250, I love it!

For my Christmas presents, I am buying a used set of wheels and tires, as well as used H&R springs from my friend, he used to have them on his G37. He also said he will work on my fender for me, whatever that means. These are the specs he told me:

F 19 x 8.5 / 32 (235 / 35 / 19)
R 19 x 10 / 38 (265 /30 / 19)

My question is, will I have rubbing issues if I do this plus the H&R springs, if I have my family (dad, mom, older brother) in my car? I'm not sure how much the spring will lower the car, but I heard it's quite a a bit..

Any suggestions? If this is o.k setup then I will post pictures when it's done. Thank you all !

WELCOME.. oh man great color choice.. thats the color i wanted but couldnt find it.. ended up getting black.. still love the car tho! enjoy
Old 12-13-11, 08:35 AM
DubbStep
Pole Position

What do you benefit from a more aggressive offset? Just curious ...

Welcome

When speaking of an Aggressive offset, It's hard to resist the look of an aggressively lowered car with a sexy set of flush-mounted wheels and tires. Which brings us to the current automotive styling trend of super-aggressive wheel offset and super-low ride height known best by the word "hellaflush." It's jus a vey sexi look

Old 12-13-11, 08:38 AM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Nice! Did you have to heat gun anything or other modifications?

I hate not knowing anything, but what does it mean to tuck tires? ..

It just means that you lower the car to the point where your tire is tucked under the fender (no gaps). My tires is tucked atleast 1" all around.

If you want extra clearance you can get 225/35 tires in front it will stretch a little.
Old 12-13-11, 10:13 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!!!

Originally Posted by thango
That is exactly what I have, offset and tiresize (vossen 084). I don't even rub at full lock on either side.
Post pics
Old 12-13-11, 10:22 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Raj I ain't going to lie... think I am in love with your car... wanna trade je je je
Old 12-13-11, 10:46 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

m tucking a 20x9.5 up front with no rub. you will be fine :P
Old 12-13-11, 11:18 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DubbStep
Welcome

When speaking of an Aggressive offset, It's hard to resist the look of an aggressively lowered car with a sexy set of flush-mounted wheels and tires. Which brings us to the current automotive styling trend of super-aggressive wheel offset and super-low ride height known best by the word "hellaflush." It's jus a vey sexi look

Thanks for taking the time to explain so the more aggressive the offsets, the more flush wheels will sit on the car?
It just means that you lower the car to the point where your tire is tucked under the fender (no gaps). My tires is tucked atleast 1" all around.

If you want extra clearance you can get 225/35 tires in front it will stretch a little.
Thanks HeartmyIS So does that mean you cannot see a part of your tire when looking at it from the side, because a portion of the tires is hidden under the fender (thus no gap) ?

I also heard the more stretched a tire is, the more likely the wheel will crack when collision happens because there's less tire covering it. Is that true?

I'm just trying to get a setup that will minimize tire fender gap that will not rub when taking multiple passengers, and so far it sounds like my proposed setup will work

F 19 x 8.5 / 32 (235 / 35 / 19)
R 19 x 10 / 38 (265 /30 / 19) with heat gun method for front.

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Josh! Saw your car in the other threads, looks so nice Would love to see it in person one day ..
Old 12-13-11, 11:53 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

With those offsets/tires sized you should be perfect Should not rub ( my picture I posted above is with H&R... The best drop for springs IMO ).

Gilis250,

Thanks!! But sorry no trades hahaha
Old 12-13-11, 12:31 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gilis250,

Bah, W.e man from looking at your signature and comparing to what I done to my car looks like we are heading the same direction (sort of!)
Old 12-13-11, 12:57 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks HeartmyIS So does that mean you cannot see a part of your tire when looking at it from the side, because a portion of the tires is hidden under the fender (thus no gap) ?

I also heard the more stretched a tire is, the more likely the wheel will crack when collision happens because there's less tire covering it. Is that true?
Yes, correct

Yeah, depending how stretch it is...it can be dangerous for aggressive driving. 225/35 is a small stretch.

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Cuz you have a camber kit lol.
Old 12-13-11, 06:54 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

With those offsets/tires sized you should be perfect Should not rub ( my picture I posted above is with H&R... The best drop for springs IMO ).

Gilis250,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Yes, correct

Yeah, depending how stretch it is...it can be dangerous for aggressive driving. 225/35 is a small stretch.

Cuz you have a camber kit lol.
Is 265 rear stretch at all?

After the drop, would the car suspension be straight up still? I've heard after lowering a car your car will sit more like the sides of a triangle; is this also when camber comes into play?

Also, if the drop is 1.4", does that just mean the car will sit 1.4 closer to the ground, and tire fender gap will be 1.4" less?

Thanks ~~ <3
Old 12-13-11, 07:09 PM
Vipor
Rookie

Ok due to popular request, here it is Nothing fancy compared to the cars here.

Notice my IS "3"50 :P

Cannot wait to put the wheels and springs on !
Nice pic. Am going back and forth on what color IS350 to get and this pic makes it more difficult. uugghhh... That white looks hot. :-)
Old 12-13-11, 07:11 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks for your suggestions.

Is 265 rear stretch at all?

After the drop, would the car suspension be straight up still? I've heard after lowering a car your car will sit more like the sides of a triangle; is this also when camber comes into play?

Also, if the drop is 1.4", does that just mean the car will sit 1.4 closer to the ground, and tire fender gap will be 1.4" less?

Thanks ~~ <3
265/30 is a little stretch, 255/30 is stretch.

And yes, fender gap and body is 1.4" lower. I don't think you will have much camber with a 1.4" drop, get an alignment maybe 300 miles after you lower the car it should fix the alignment.
Old 12-14-11, 01:39 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

265/30 is a little stretch, 255/30 is stretch.

And yes, fender gap and body is 1.4" lower. I don't think you will have much camber with a 1.4" drop, get an alignment maybe 300 miles after you lower the car it should fix the alignment.
Should an alignment be done at the time of spring installation ?

Quick Reply: Hello Club Lexus!