IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Rattling Issue with IS350

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 07:19 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wunko
I have a 2011 IS350 F-Sport with less than 2000 miles and I have the usual dash rattle a lot of people talk about. I haven't noticed the one coming from the right side though but I'll try and listen for it next time.
I have the same year and model as you. I was driving to work this morning and I found a new squeak/rattle coming from the driver panel where you could put change. If I press on the part it squeaks as well. Hope this doesn't happen to your car.
Old 12-12-11, 07:22 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dorkacho
Mine does the same thing; only happens when car is in motion - gets really annoying. It doesn't happen all the time, I would say only 4 out of 10 times when I drive. I'm afraid when I take it to dealership and if we go out for a test drive and it doesn't happen, they would say there's no rattle and refuse to give me a fix ..

And sorry for the newbie question, what is TSIB?
I agree it happens here and there for my car not all the time. I am taking my car to the dealership to have them put the F-Sport exhaust on and hopefully they will fix the rattling problems. I came to find out there is a new rattle/squeak right by where you put your change on the driver side. I wish Lexus would find the solution for this since it seems its a 2IS problem.
Old 12-14-11, 07:18 PM
ajlexus11
Driver School Candidate

Personally guys/gals i think its the transmission....first year with 350AWD , come on no one gets it perfect on their first try...am sure its not my coils...car shouldnt be shaking/vibrating in D at a stop light cause of coils..might be a recall for the problem...lexus blamed my coils without looking at the car and voided my warrenty so am fighting with the main office now...if they dont fix it sad to say im selling the car...dont know for what though :'(
Old 12-14-11, 07:25 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ajlexus11
Personally guys/gals i think its the transmission....first year with 350AWD , come on no one gets it perfect on their first try...am sure its not my coils...car shouldnt be shaking/vibrating in D at a stop light cause of coils..might be a recall for the problem...lexus blamed my coils without looking at the car and voided my warrenty so am fighting with the main office now...if they dont fix it sad to say im selling the car...dont know for what though :'(
Voided the warranty for what? the whole warranty??

You need to tell your dealer to F*** off if they said you voided your entire warranty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

^ Show them that.

Aftermarket parts CANNOT void your warranty unless they prove that aftermarket part caused failure. And they definitely cannot void your entire warranty over a set of coils.

Also i don't think its the transmission, as i'm sure all the 2IS's share the same transmission except for the IS-F
Old 12-14-11, 07:50 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ajlexus11
The vibration happens for most (if not all) lowered AWD IS. It has something to do with the geometry of our car's suspension causing the vibration. Some people luckily didn't get it while some people do. I am one that does have that annoying vibration I've looked everywhere for a solution, but so far the only solution is to raise the car around 25inches from the floor to the fender.
Old 09-19-21, 10:34 PM
SIRSNAKE
6th Gear

I have a lexus is 350 2006. In 2010, when i bought the car, i noticed rattling on warm start up. I changed oils to 0w30 after months of head scratching. The problem went away after 1000km since the oil change and hasn't returned. I still have the car. I'm thinking of putting high mileage oil or additives in my next oil change, but i have read it might bring the rattling on warm start up back. What do you guys think?

-SIRSNAKE