IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LX-Mode Grille or IS-F Style Grille?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-11, 12:35 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX-Mode Grille or IS-F Style Grille?

Hey guys i just wanted to ask for your opinion on which of these two grilles you think is better for my car. Im stuck

Heres how it looks now with the LX-Mode.

I feel like it doesn't look as good as it could since i have a gfx front lip (very small) and i dont plan on getting a new lip kit. I feel as though the IS-F style grille may flow better with this lip. I also miss the Lexus symbol in the front. By standers always tell me it takes away from the classiness It hurts cause im trying to go for a classier look, I already bought some wheels to help achieve this look.

Anyways if i choose the IS-F grille, im probably gonna paint it gunmetal. Im not sure if i should black out the grille surround or not. Any input on that? Btw how much are you guys paying to get your grille painted? I paid $80 for the LX-Mode but i felt like i could do better.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-11, 12:48 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I never liked the LX mode grill. I also never liked the missing Lexus symbol. It's a Lexus, why be embarrassed of the L in front. I'd say OEM or LX mode with L symbol on it, or ISF. I've never been a fan of blacked out grills but you asked for opinions. GL.
Old 12-05-11, 12:54 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
I never liked the LX mode grill. I also never liked the missing Lexus symbol. It's a Lexus, why be embarrassed of the L in front. I'd say OEM or LX mode with L symbol on it, or ISF. I've never been a fan of blacked out grills but you asked for opinions. GL.
I agree. Except my emblem and grill is blacked out and wrapped w carbon fiber.
Old 12-05-11, 01:35 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 12-05-11 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-05-11, 03:30 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
Missing emblems doesn't mean they're embarrassed.
Old 12-05-11, 05:20 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

I personally like the F style one better.
Old 12-05-11, 07:38 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the IS-F style grille better as well, but I don't like how there isn't a matching lower grille available (unlike LX-Mode, which has a matching lower). On a black 2IS, I actually prefer the OEM chrome surround. And +1 for keeping the Lexus badge.
Old 12-05-11, 08:21 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rash
Missing emblems doesn't mean they're embarrassed.
Agreed. I highly doubt anyone is embarrassed of the Lexus symbol Its just a unique look.

Originally Posted by brociouz
I like the IS-F style grille better as well, but I don't like how there isn't a matching lower grille available (unlike LX-Mode, which has a matching lower). On a black 2IS, I actually prefer the OEM chrome surround. And +1 for keeping the Lexus badge.
True, but at least the lower grille is more similar to the IS-F grille compared to OEM. I also think im starting to like the IS-F grille more.

And rather thinking about "blacking out" i like to think of it as color matched grille surround. I did it when i had my OEM setup and i thought it looked nice. But yea I think im gonna keep it chrome this time around.

Anyone know a good paint code for the grille? Im looking for a color that will make the grille pop out a bit more rather than the dull black. Im thinking some sort of graphite or gunmetal?
Old 12-05-11, 08:35 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
True, but at least the lower grille is more similar to the IS-F grille compared to OEM. I also think im starting to like the IS-F grille more.
It actually bothers me more because they are somehwat similar. It looks like you tried to match, but failed. With LX Mode it's such a stark contrast that it doesn't matter. Meh, I'm just being OCD. For me, the holy grail would be a plug and play honeycomb upper grille that matches the lower: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...oem-lower.html

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Anyone know a good paint code for the grille? Im looking for a color that will make the grille pop out a bit more rather than the dull black. Im thinking some sort of graphite or gunmetal?
The OEM SGM color works. Here's an example of a DIY: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...stalled-5.html
Old 12-05-11, 09:57 AM
JayDMiS
Driver

I'm not a fan of the LX-Mode grill...no offense to anyone but I like The L up front.
Old 12-05-11, 11:30 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the LX Mode upper and lower and I hate emblems. I specifically chose to remove all my exterior emblems because I think it looks smoother/cleaner. I don't care if it was a Benz or BMW. Get the IS F style grill....so you won't look like me! Hah! You do whatever YOU want to do because it's your car and if they don't like it then let them drive their hoopty!!! If you want classy, I say keep the chrome. If you want aggressive then black stuff out.
Attached Thumbnails LX-Mode Grille or IS-F Style Grille?-bos-rhiannon-dee-5.jpg  

Last edited by Sffd103; 12-05-11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-05-11, 12:28 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's mine with a black grill surround and isf style insert so you get an idea. personally i like the black grill surrounds on black cars, makes it look a little more aggressive.

Old 12-05-11, 01:16 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

^ that looks good! imo you need to blackout the headlights and fogs to complete the look
Old 12-05-11, 03:51 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

another vote for IS-F grill
Old 12-05-11, 03:53 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

F-Sport grile....FTW

Quick Reply: LX-Mode Grille or IS-F Style Grille?