Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 05:22 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(

UPDATE II:

Ok as requested I went out (-20C or -4F for you americans lol) to snap a few pics, my car is really dirty so don't mind the floors. I ran the wire through the ceiling liner, into the A pillar, into the side panel beside the glove box and you can only see it again by the cigg lighter, not the best so I hope you guys didn't expect a lot lol, I'm ok with this as I barely notice it, I guess if you were picky you can say that compartment can't close now.

Here's it closed, I don't really notice it while driving.

When the door is closed you can't see that wire. It runs from the A pillar into the glove box side panel here.

It comes out here, I guess this part is what's showing the most, depends how picky you are lol.

UPDATE:

Got my car back finally! ... after over a month without my IS I'm going to pick it up tomorrow..and it's better than ever! The body shop fixed my front driver fender too (which was damaged from being lowered) and I installed the IS F style bumper. I'm so excited to go pick it up I just wanted to share it with everyone, throughout the entire time I tried out 7 different loaners in this order

2011 White Chevy Malibu
2011 Beige Toyota Corolla
2011 Beige Lexus ES
2011 Grey Lexus RX
2011 Red Dodge Grand Caravan
2011 Black Toyota Camry
2011 Red Lexus RX

and once in a while my mom's 2009 Blue Honda Civic

..none of which compared to the IS in terms of power and handling, I'll post pics of the front when I pick it up but I saw it the other day and loved the new/more aggressive look.

Before

After

Mine

Hers

And of course.. the video.

She was in the IS F and pulled out of a plaza w/o looking, I saw her and honked and braked but there was no way I could slow from 50-0 km/h in that time. Called the cops and she was ticketed for failure to yield. Since there's no way she can pay for all of the damages, I have to go through insurance, which I was sent the appraisal linked below. I'm wondering if somebody could explain to me what has to be replaced that is stated in the appraisal, I'm going to the body shop tomorrow to clear everything up to make sure everything is fixed, but I wanted a good idea of what they were gonna fix or replace.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3N...QwYzA4MWVmNzQw

EDIT: noticed google docs converted my pdf so I fixed the link.

The body shop at the Lexus dealership quoted $8K in damages and 12 days to fix, so in the mean time I'm cruising around in the soccer mom RX lol.

Last edited by 149MAX; 01-15-12 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-18-11, 05:25 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No question of fault on that one....
Old 11-18-11, 05:38 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats why recording comes in handy. I would be ultra pissed if I got hit by the same car . Well good luck with the fix.
Old 11-18-11, 05:40 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Just trade cars and call it a day
Old 11-18-11, 05:45 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 149MAX
She was in the IS F...
that's terrible.

on a related note, both cars look like standard-fare 2is's...

edit: upon closer inspection, the other car was an IS-F. i stand corrected.

Last edited by projectdna; 11-18-11 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-18-11, 05:47 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Damn.. that sucks. Nothing you could of done there.

Where do you have your camera mounted? Is it a kit? I've been thinking about adding one.
Old 11-18-11, 05:55 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhonyISF
Damn.. that sucks. Nothing you could of done there.

Where do you have your camera mounted? Is it a kit? I've been thinking about adding one.
I would love to show you a pic of the interior where I wired it myself (but I can't), but it's mounted right beside the rain sensing wiper box/thing, that way from the driver's seat, I can barely tell the camera is there. I ran the wire through the top lining, and into the passenger A pillar and under the glove compartment. It's connects to the cigg lighter.

Everything is autonomous, you start the car it starts recording, when memory is full it deletes files, great insurance and after a while you forget it's there! I had this thing for 2 months, if you're interested in one, I got it off deal extreme for $130 shipped, records 720p quality, good sound quality, but not so great night (still can see, but quality is obviously reduced). Great price IMO
Old 11-18-11, 06:02 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to see your car like that but I do agree and dont think that is an isF

either way sweet cam is there a link to it?
Old 11-18-11, 06:05 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
sorry to see your car like that but I do agree and dont think that is an isF

either way sweet cam is there a link to it?
Trust me, that is an IS F, she opened her hood and I have the police report saying it was a 2008 IS F lol.. is there a reason you're saying that's not a F?
Old 11-18-11, 06:08 PM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

Sorry about the accident but at least it was nothing serious and no injuries was involved. That camera mount is very convenient. I would like to get one of those too. What city do you live in Ontario? Because I have a lot of friends and family in Hamilton and Ottawa so I would drive up there a lot. I lived in NY so it wasn't that far but just recently this summer i moved to South Carolina. My next road trip to Ottawa is probably in May.
Old 11-18-11, 06:12 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TaYLoRGanG
Sorry about the accident but at least it was nothing serious and no injuries was involved. That camera mount is very convenient. I would like to get one of those too. What city do you live in Ontario? Because I have a lot of friends and family in Hamilton and Ottawa so I would drive up there a lot. I lived in NY so it wasn't that far but just recently this summer i moved to South Carolina. My next road trip to Ottawa is probably in May.
I'm in Guelph/Toronto/Markham a lot, so shoot a message anytime if you're around for a shoot or shiz. Yeah the camera is amazing, caught many bad drivers and unfortunately because I live just off the university campus, lots of bad drivers.

I'll find the link to the camera in a bit and post it up for you guys.
Old 11-18-11, 06:17 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whoa where do i get the video camera setup and how does that all look like?
Old 11-18-11, 06:21 PM
Toymota
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two cars waiting to turn left off the road into the property and they do not have a stop sign. Doesn't the car leaving the property have to yield and let both of them go first anyway? Or are the rules different where you are? Good reaction time by you though. I barely saw the car move before you hit the brakes.
Old 11-18-11, 06:23 PM
birador
Lead Lap

ouch,well good luck with the repairs!+1 for the video cam
Old 11-18-11, 06:24 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 149MAX
I would love to show you a pic of the interior where I wired it myself (but I can't), but it's mounted right beside the rain sensing wiper box/thing, that way from the driver's seat, I can barely tell the camera is there. I ran the wire through the top lining, and into the passenger A pillar and under the glove compartment. It's connects to the cigg lighter.

Everything is autonomous, you start the car it starts recording, when memory is full it deletes files, great insurance and after a while you forget it's there! I had this thing for 2 months, if you're interested in one, I got it off deal extreme for $130 shipped, records 720p quality, good sound quality, but not so great night (still can see, but quality is obviously reduced). Great price IMO
Sorry to hijack your thread and discuss your camera, haha. But I've recently thought about doing it and it's awesome to see one in action and the benefits. Most the ones I see on dealextreme.com are rear view cameras.

Do you know the brand of camera? Is it just a regular small camera or is there also a storage device you put else where? Cause I've thought about using my dash center speaker compartment since it's empty (no ML sound package) and mounting it through there flush style - stealth like. But the wiring part got me stumped. Your version sounds a bit... easier and straight forward.

Is yours something like one of these:
http://www.spytechs.com/Car-Cameras/Car-Camera-GPS.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Itronics-ITB-7...ref=pd_sim_e_2

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...m=shoppingsite

Last edited by ToeMas8; 11-18-11 at 06:46 PM. Reason: link update

Quick Reply: Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(