IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Luxury package vs. f sport package

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-11, 04:16 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
For multi-driver that would be more applicable but for your single primary driver it would not be. Not saying it's bad, but it depends on the use of the vehicle. I think that US shoudl match Canada's spec of the F-Sport if you seen my earlier posts.

Auto dimming outside tilting mirrors are very nice for every driver for parking as well as the auto up and down wheel when entering or exiting.Ventilated seats are nice too as well as the illuminated sill plates.
Rear curtain no so much for me but the luxury pkg is a must have,IMO..
I agree the US should have the Canadian spec F-Sport.I'm an older guy and wouldn't buy an F-Sport anyway,though.
Old 11-06-11, 05:39 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
Lux package looks like a winner to me now. I will be visiting Longo on Tuesday and hopefully we can work out a deal on a 2011, they have three currently. Can anyone pm what they paid out the door for theirs?
I paid $42k OTD for mine (2011 IS350, AWD, NAV, LUX PKG), but that doesn't include the extras they gave. They also gave me private party selling value on my trade-in, the $1,000 luxury trade-in rebate (it was an acura), and $500 in customer cash. If I add everything extra they gave me for the sale (after much back and forth), I ended up getting the car at BELOW dealer cost. The only way they were able to do that for me was simply because the $1k rebate and $500 customer cash is paid back to the dealer by Lexus themselves.
Old 11-06-11, 05:47 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Actually I got my F-Sport in Oregon and got it very close to factory invoice price - definately lower than MSRP.
Ok, you could be the exception, but the majority of dealerships will not sell you an F-Sport for close or lower than Factory Invoice, not to mention below dealer cost. It's kind of like purchasing a brand new (just released) vehicle and asking for invoice pricing.

Last edited by reset2k; 11-06-11 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 05:52 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by reset2k
Ok, you could be the exception, but majority of dealerships will NOT sell you an F-Sport for close or lower than Factory Invoice, not to mention below dealer cost like I did.
Not exactly. According to Kurtz, dealerships should be able to deal with you that way regardless of what it is - this also goes for special order vehicles. In this case USB is not availabe for Pacific Northwest region, therefore it will need to be special ordered. If they do not want to give you a good deal, go to a different dealership.

They were happy to sell it to me since their sister dealership actually had a USB sitting on their lot since mid July (never sold), besides hiding it in inventory and the dealership I got it from found out about it.

Truecar.com is your friend.

Last edited by Sango; 11-06-11 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 05:59 PM
reset2k
Rookie

For multi-driver that would be more applicable but for your single primary driver it would not be. Not saying it's bad, but it depends on the use of the vehicle. I think that US should match Canada's spec of the F-Sport if you seen my earlier posts.
How would the luxury features only be applicable for multi-drivers? I am a single driver and use EVERY feature that the luxury package offers. Memory Seats are not just for mutliple drivers, but also for convienence. I watch movies sometimes while in the car, and have a seating position memorized just for that, I also greatly like the fact that I'm not hitting the steering wheel every time I get in and out of the car without having to manually move my seat every time.

Every other feature from the luxury package is not multi-driver specific, so I don't know how you can make that statement.
Old 11-06-11, 06:04 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Not exactly. According to Kurtz, dealerships should be able to deal with you that way regardless of what it is - this also goes for special order vehicles. In this case USB is not availabe for Pacific Northwest region, therefore it will need to be special ordered. If they do not want to give you a good deal, go to a different dealership.

They were happy to sell it to me since their sister dealership actually had a USB sitting on their lot since mid July (never sold), besides hiding it in inventory and the dealership I got it from found out about it.

Truecar.com is your friend.
Hm... I called and e-mailed 6 dealerships before purchasing my car and every single one of them said the F-Sport is special order only and will not be sold for much less than MSRP. Like I stated earlier, you're the exception. You bought an F-Sport sitting on a car lot that they had sitting, so of course when you're looking for one, you have the advantage. Most dealerships don't have one, or have the price jacked up.

I completely agree about truecar.com - it's a great source and was a key factor when I was negotiating for my vehicle.
Old 11-06-11, 06:07 PM
Sango
Pole Position

How would the luxury features only be applicable for multi-drivers? I am a single driver and use EVERY feature that the luxury package offers. Memory Seats are not just for mutliple drivers, but also for convienence. I watch movies sometimes while in the car, and have a seating position memorized just for that, I also greatly like the fact that I'm not hitting the steering wheel every time I get in and out of the car without having to manually move my seat every time.

Every other feature from the luxury package is not multi-driver specific, so I don't know how you can make that statement.
Because I never found it useful. My dad's GS has memory seats, I never had problem readjusting my seat manually and the same with the loaner cars as I never bothered to go program it.

Also, movies? I rather go watch them on my high-end A/V equipment in the house than in a car (I'm on AVSForum btw).

Last edited by Sango; 11-06-11 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 06:14 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Because I never found it useful. My dad's GS has memory seats, I never had problem readjusting my seat manually and the same with the loaner cars as I never bother to go program it.

Also, movies? I rather go watch them on my high-end AV equipment in the house than in a car (I'm on AVSForum btw).
So that's your own personal habit - sorry, but if I pay $40k for a car, I want my seats perfect when I sit down. Maybe that's asking too much?

I also have high-end AV equipment at home, but that doesn't stop me from watching movies during downtimes at work... Have you ever attempted to watch a movie in your vehicle in full surround? I guess not Not much lower quality than my AV setup at home -- and actually in some explosive scenes, even better
Old 11-06-11, 06:22 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Hm... I called and e-mailed 6 dealerships before purchasing my car and every single one of them said the F-Sport is special order only and will not be sold for much less than MSRP. Like I stated earlier, you're the exception. You bought an F-Sport sitting on a car lot that they had sitting, so of course when you're looking for one, you have the advantage. Most dealerships don't have one, or have the price jacked up.

I completely agree about truecar.com - it's a great source and was a key factor when I was negotiating for my vehicle.
Actually for USB yes. The other colors not necessarily a special order. Just yesterday, I was at Lexus of Bellevue, and what do I see on the lot? Two SFP F-Sports. I know in Oregon, they are getting other colors too but they are still on their way unless they maybe be still on their way to the Portland port and could be there unless they have already sold. When I spoke to Oregon, they told me they were on their way at the time when they were finding the USB for me. Just because they say it's special order, does not mean they do not get them because they do but not as often as compared to non F-Sports.

So that's your own personal habit - sorry, but if I pay $40k for a car, I want my seats perfect when I sit down. Maybe that's asking too much?

I also have high-end AV equipment at home, but that doesn't stop me from watching movies during downtimes at work... Have you ever attempted to watch a movie in your vehicle in full surround? I guess not Not much lower quality than my AV setup at home -- and actually in some explosive scenes, even better
For me, I sit slightly differently so the single memorized setting would not work, since I wear differnt thickness of jackets, my back would not be in the same spot when I adjust to make those tiny adjustments accordingly.

I never personally watched movies in full surround even thou it's nice to have but I want big screen and to be more center with the screen and blu-ray.

Last edited by Sango; 11-06-11 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 06:27 PM
reset2k
Rookie

For me, I sit slightly differently so the single memorized setting would not work, since I wear differnt thickness of jackets, my back would not be in the same spot when I adjust to make those tiny adjustments accordingly.
There you go! 3 memory settings = 3 different jackets with memorized seating! Single dude taking advantage of memory seats.
Old 11-06-11, 06:29 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Lol! gets too hassle, I just use the switch. No offense to the memory setting, but it is a good feature, just not really for me.
Old 11-06-11, 06:30 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the truecar.com site. My dealership is not on the list but will still bring the offer with me and see if they be willing to match the price.
Old 11-06-11, 06:33 PM
Sango
Pole Position

^
No problem because the mark up is about close to about 8.5% of the sticker price. Minus the mark up it would be somewher aroud there. Truecar will also back it up to see what room you could play with during the negotiation.
Old 11-06-11, 06:36 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually for USB yes. The other colors not necessarily a special order. Just yesterday, I was at Lexus of Bellevue, and what do I see on the lot? Two SFP F-Sports. I know in Oregon, they are getting other colors too but they are still on their way unless they maybe be still on their way to the Portland port and could be there unless they have already sold. When I spoke to Oregon, they told me they were on their way at the time when they were finding the USB for me. Just because they say it's special order, does not mean they do not get them because they do but not as often as non F-Sports.
Yeah, I've seen F-Sports at the dealership lots around here when I was looking for some so there are some that do sit on the lot. I've even seen USB sitting on the lot twice but I imagine the USB F-Sport you don't see often like the other F-Sport colors.
Old 11-06-11, 06:48 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
Yeah, I've seen F-Sports at the dealership lots around here when I was looking for some so there are some that do sit on the lot. I've even seen USB sitting on the lot twice but I imagine the USB F-Sport you don't see often like the other F-Sport colors.
Yep true because when I've been there - the USB's I've seen is an IS-F. USB F-Sport is rare that they will have to special ordered to get it in as it is not brought into the region.

Actually I saw a certified USB IS Convertible yesterday too there - first time I've seen a convertible like that since I only heard of them like it.

Quick Reply: Luxury package vs. f sport package