IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sickest IS350 Ever! - Farewell CL !

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 09:14 AM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
The problem with the IS is it just doens't look good stock. So mods were a must. For that matter , almost all Jap imports don't look good stock to me personally, and need wheels/drop at a minimum- i.e. G35/G37, Z, etc... The only Jap import I like 100% sock is the Z370 NISMO or the GRT (both of which I decided against for my own personal reasoning).

So being the ISx50 is pretty uninspiring stock, I had my fun modding the heck out of my car to make it look great. Then the problems strolled in. Impratical? Bothersome? Whatever you want to call it.... the car was just a problem day in and day out. So I'm gald I got out of it.

The mechanical issues were real - especially being 5K miles away from being without a warranty. If my engine blew just 5-6K miles down the road, I would of been in serious trouble. $10-$15K dealership repair bill cost trouble. This was the biggest factor for leaving my IS.

After the thousands I dumped into my IS, I swore to get something I like stock. And yes, your right, the Charger SRT8 is just straight mean/nasty looking stock:

(
Wurd... it does suck to get a car that has nothing but issues. You had a bad experience with the IS and it's time to move one, def don't disagree, it's a relieving feeling. I've experienced something similar with a car I had before which is why I'm nervous to do anything major to the IS. Nonetheless, you have a new sick ride.... congrats again. And nice pic's!!
Old 10-20-11, 09:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

mdgrwl

I wish your post had ended here...

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
For those that I inspired and wished me luck and just said a proper goodbye - thank you and I wish the best for all of you. May life treat you well.
but unfortunately it continued with a name calling diatribe that puts you squarely on par with those you were complaining about (if not worse - many were just expressing their preference and opinion, which isn't going to be the same for everyone).

A moderator already made a request to knock off the personal commentary and keep things civil, so since that's not happening I'll close this thread by wishing you best of luck with your new SRT.