IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sickest IS350 Ever! - Farewell CL !

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 07:06 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your SRT, your car was really clean, good luck!

At least you still have one IS left.
Old 10-19-11, 07:33 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't believe it lexus for a Dodge charger
Old 10-19-11, 07:37 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^ Me neither. Makes no sense to me aside from the break downs. If money was no issue for me, I'd still never own a domestic. Watch it depreciate $5,000 a year. But that's just me. Being impractical is because of mods you've done to it. Enjoy your new ride tho.
Old 10-19-11, 07:40 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe he wanted stock hp....anyways enjoy ur new ride. i might be walking into the darkside also into an m3.
Old 10-19-11, 07:53 PM
birador
Lead Lap

you're decision,we'll just wish you good luck on your new ride
Old 10-19-11, 08:06 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

I understand resenting a car for having issues with it... Sucks cuz your car was amazing.
Old 10-19-11, 09:59 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

The amount of power in an SRT8 is quite scary. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 10-19-11, 10:13 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

you really had one sick iS!
Old 10-20-11, 12:01 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Dope ride, sorry to hear bout all the problems though. I'm still a little iffy with domestic car engineering but if it works better for you that's all that matters. GL with the new ride!
Old 10-20-11, 01:01 AM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Congrats on your new purchase. Your IS had some sick wheels, a clean drop, and an overall classy look with tasteful mod's. But with all due respect... you made your IS impractical. If you really needed something practical, especially for commuter reasons, you would of never slammed it and put 20" shoes on. Pick up a new IS, don't touch suspension unless Lexus certified, aka Fsport... only get a rim size practical for the car... this will equate to no issues. Just my 2 cents and experience with cars, as I've always had the itch to mod the hell out of every car I get to make it "unique" and those have ALWAYS had issues in the long run.

Nonetheless, enjoy your new American animal! Definitely a fun car to drive, definitely has that sick mean look. Comfort and noise-wise on the freeway tho, I would think a Lexus takes the cake on that no matter what.

Peace out mein... hope to see you back on Cl in a GS... the new GS perhaps? LOL
Old 10-20-11, 01:18 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhonyISF
...Pick up a new IS, don't touch suspension unless Lexus certified, aka Fsport... only get a rim size practical for the car... this will equate to no issues...
hahaha~
Old 10-20-11, 02:44 AM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

sickest is350 ever
Old 10-20-11, 04:35 AM
LDNN
Driver

Very nice in-motion shots! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-20-11, 05:31 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhonyISF
But with all due respect... you made your IS impractical.
I never said I didn't, did I? Your absolutley right and I don't disagree. Perhaps impratical wasn't the word to use? Perhaps bothersome is a better choice of words. My car, mechanical and mod-self-induced was bothersome.

The problem with the IS is it just doens't look good stock. So mods were a must. For that matter , almost all Jap imports don't look good stock to me personally, and need wheels/drop at a minimum- i.e. G35/G37, Z, etc... The only Jap import I like 100% sock is the Z370 NISMO or the GRT (both of which I decided against for my own personal reasoning).

So being the ISx50 is pretty uninspiring stock, I had my fun modding the heck out of my car to make it look great. Then the problems strolled in. Impratical? Bothersome? Whatever you want to call it.... the car was just a problem day in and day out. So I'm gald I got out of it.

The mechanical issues were real - especially being 5K miles away from being without a warranty. If my engine blew just 5-6K miles down the road, I would of been in serious trouble. $10-$15K dealership repair bill cost trouble. This was the biggest factor for leaving my IS.

After the thousands I dumped into my IS, I swore to get something I like stock. And yes, your right, the Charger SRT8 is just straight mean/nasty looking stock:

Nevermind the mind blowing power this has coming from the IS350 which was quick off the line but called it quits after 80mph... this thing just pulls and keeps pulling way past 100mph... I'm simply amazed at this power. 425/420 hp/tq is no joke.

For those that I inspired and wished me luck and just said a proper goodbye - thank you and I wish the best for all of you. May life treat you well.

For the others that had sly remarks about my decision for going with the car I did - OMG WTF American!?!?!?! - you seem childish and proud. Don't let your choice of going with whatever car you own envelope you with pride to the point of putting down others for their car choice. You seem like a child doing so.

I saw this stuff all the time here and just rolled my eyes... all the negative, insecure, proud and negative comments about almost any car that wasn't an IS or an IS-F. Really - grow the heck up.

Its sad to see these forums in the same state I left it in. Still seems to be full of the same old bunch of 23 year old kids who finally got their first "luxury" car and swell up with pride over it, and channel it in a negative competitive way though these boards. Same old CL I see. Shame. Really.

On the other hand, there were a few who I really respected here. Not for how "sick" their car was, but for how they could have a level headed conversation... be respectfull and just straight out make these forums an enjoyment. There's few of you here. To those - much love and respect and its sad to part with you

Last edited by mdgrwl; 10-20-11 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-20-11, 06:26 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on your new ride! Your IS was definitely clean. Your right about people being childish on forums, but thats just how it is and how it's gonna be unfortunately, lol. I came from subaru's(Nasioc) That place is filled with immature, childish, i'm better than everone type of people, so in comparison this place is not that bad to me anyways.

Just out of curiosity, did you mod your car before or after those major problems?

Good luck with your new ride!

Quick Reply: Sickest IS350 Ever! - Farewell CL !