IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who's running SPACERS with LINEA CORSE LC818s?!?!?!

Old 09-23-11, 06:22 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Who's running SPACERS with LINEA CORSE LC818s?!?!?!

So i've posted in SEVERAL threads and gotten no reply. Myself and several others have recently purchased LC818s and are awaiting delivery. Heard rumors that the rear center caps WILL NOT fit a IS350 with out SPACERS. Can anyone confirm this????

Also, if needed, what are the biggest spacers you can run with 265/30 tires in back WITHOUT rubbing or fender mods????? I figure if I need them, I may as space as far a possible.

Any insight is GREATLY appreciated!!
Old 09-23-11, 07:11 PM
LyleBeach
Driver

If you would have actually read through the other threads you have been posting in, instead of starting a whole new one...

You could have seen that it is NOT necessary to run a 5mm spacer to get the (flat) center caps to fit.

You DO however need to modify the inside of the flat silver caps to achive this.

Take a dremel and cut off the plastic spoke things, and then sand a concave little pocket to give the spindle some room.

There are two kinds of caps. the silver ones will work with NO SPACER (but you must modify caps)

Or use the black caps which require no modification.
Old 09-23-11, 07:16 PM
LyleBeach
Driver

So first is the spindle itself that I thought had more threads sticking out than it really does. Thought about cutting it, but then after actually seeing it, decided it would NOT be a good idea

Then here is a picture of the cap BEFORE modification

And then after a little Dremel/sand paper

Old 09-23-11, 07:27 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Lyle...sorry but I saw no such post about modifying the cap...but I really appreciate the reply.

Did the wheels come with BOTH the silver and black caps?? Or do I need to specify to wheel dude which ones I want??
Old 09-23-11, 08:51 PM
LyleBeach
Driver

My wheels came with 4 black caps, and 2 silver caps. I don't think he meant to include the silver caps when he sent the order.

In my opinion, they really screwed the pootch with the offsets on these wheels. The wheel face actually protrudes past the fenders. Even without spacers! And then the fact that the caps didn't fit in the rear over the spindle was another oversight.

They showed all these pictures of the LC818's with the silver caps, and never mentioned that a spacer was being used. So when my wheels were sent to me with 4 of the black caps, i think the intention was kind of a bait and switch.

Maybe im wrong, but it just kinda left a bad taste for me.
Old 11-14-11, 09:28 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

This is OUTSTANDING information regarding this issue. I was super pissed when I figured out I needed to use the 5mm spacers (even though I bought them just in case). I will dremel out my caps and post the results.

As for my order, mine came with 4 silver caps and Zoeb sent me 4 black ones. I wouldn't use the black ones as they look kinda odd sticking out so far.
Old 11-15-11, 09:49 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Is anyone running the lc818 without center caps. I wanna see how it looks. I'm considering these wheels.