IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking to buy a IS250...which one of these?

Old 09-22-11, 03:21 PM
auburnjosh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a IS250...which one of these?

I am looking for an IS250 and am considering one of these two cars.

Car 1

2008 IS 250 AWD Certified Pre-Owned
69,659 miles
$24,800
Equipped with navigation, rear back up camera, bluetooth, leather and wood trim interior, heated front seats, 6 Disc CD changer, one touch open/close moonroof, high intensity discharge headlamps with adaptive front lighting system, rear lip spoiler and smart access with push button start/stop.

or

Car 2

48,315 miles
$24,991
Heated Front Seats,Dual Front Knee Airbags,Keyless Start,Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control,17 Inch Aluminum Wheels,4-Wheel ABS, Brake Assist,Fog Lamps,Power Heated Outside Mirrors,Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seating, Power Front Seats,Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Wheel,Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Power Windows and Locks,Keyless Entry,Universal Garage Door Opener, Vehicle Anti-Theft System,Six Disc CD Changer,Dual Zone Climate Control,Rear Defrost,Child Safety Locks,Dual Front Airbags,Front Seats Side Airbags,Front and Rear Side Curtain Airbags.

I guess I need to decide if I want the extra features and higher miles or lower miles and less features. Both are black. Which would you choose? Neither? Keep looking?

Any information would be appreciated.
Old 09-22-11, 03:43 PM
baypistol
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by auburnjosh
I am looking for an IS250 and am considering one of these two cars.

Car 1

69,659 miles
$24,800
Equipped with navigation, rear back up camera, bluetooth, leather and wood trim interior, heated front seats, 6 Disc CD changer, one touch open/close moonroof, high intensity discharge headlamps with adaptive front lighting system, rear lip spoiler and smart access with push button start/stop.

or

Car 2

48,315 miles
$24,991
Heated Front Seats,Dual Front Knee Airbags,Keyless Start,Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control,17 Inch Aluminum Wheels,4-Wheel ABS, Brake Assist,Fog Lamps,Power Heated Outside Mirrors,Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seating, Power Front Seats,Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Wheel,Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Power Windows and Locks,Keyless Entry,Universal Garage Door Opener, Vehicle Anti-Theft System,Six Disc CD Changer,Dual Zone Climate Control,Rear Defrost,Child Safety Locks,Dual Front Airbags,Front Seats Side Airbags,Front and Rear Side Curtain Airbags.

I guess I need to decide if I want the extra features and higher miles or lower miles and less features. Both are black. Which would you choose? Neither? Keep looking?

Any information would be appreciated.
I have an AWD drive model and I use it to travel far and go to the snow so I like having the navigation, leather, bluetooth, heated seats. The mileage difference between the two cars is not much considering IS250 are extremely dependable.
Old 09-22-11, 03:48 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

ORRRRR...

you can buy mine. 2010 starfire pearl @ 3900 miles @33,000

low miles!!! not even a scratch!
Old 09-22-11, 03:51 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to know what options package the car comes with. Do a forum search. 3 packages, sport, premium, or luxury. Luxury being the most equipped.
Old 09-22-11, 04:08 PM
calvin2376
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Start here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html

You really can't tell the options packages from sellers' descriptions. 9 times out of 10 they're wrong or misinformed. The second listing I can tell is just a copy/paste from an Autotrader listing, and those are just the generic options Autotrader makes you choose between. It says nothing of what Lexus-only options/packages the car has.

My advice would be:

1) Read the above thread. Pay special attention to Common Issues and check both cars to see if they have them.

2) Get the Service History from the Lexus website for both, and post here.

3) Post both listings here. CL members are extremely adept at deciphering what options a car truly has or doesn't have.
Old 09-22-11, 04:08 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take the 2nd option and add your own nav
Old 09-22-11, 04:16 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

VIN for each vehicle? I can go through my dealership to check on accurate prices and histories.
Old 09-22-11, 04:19 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you do get the either one of these cars. You may want to have an independent auto body shop to inspect the vehicle to make sure it has not been in an accident.

Even thou it is certified, some the dealerships may not thorough inspection of the car. If you read the thread about my certified car (thread about it), it was certified but there was no documentation about damages to the vehcile and it had been repainted on one side.

Good news is, the dealership is buying back my car and helping me get a new one.

If this were Canada, don't have to worry about having the car inspected by an independent auto body shop. The government oversees the dealerships, and if there is a bad car... the dealership eats it. Unfornately since US governemnt does not oversee it, so there would be times that bad cars do go through the cracks.

Last edited by Sango; 09-22-11 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-22-11, 05:00 PM
auburnjosh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dackp143
vin for each v
ehicle? I can go through my dealership to check on accurate prices and histories.
JTHCK262982023898

JTHCK262282024780
Old 09-22-11, 06:12 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

As far as histories, here are the AutoChecks to download. They are both PDF's. I'll get the other info tomorrow on values..

JTHCK262982023898 - Leased vehicle (meaning it came off of a lease)

JTHCK262282024780 - Not leased, someone outright owned it. Then the original owner probably traded it in or it got repo'ed by Lexus Financial.

Also, as you can see they both check out in excellent condition, 1 owner, no accidents, no dup titles, no salvage anything, no failed emissions.. All checks out! To bad a good score is on your side AND the dealers side

Last edited by dackp143; 09-22-11 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-22-11, 07:15 PM
Sango
Pole Position

^

Just saying, don't take it for granted. Based on the reports, would not list trust it 100%. If things were not reported, it will never appear; or if repairs were done under the table like situation.
Old 09-22-11, 07:48 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sango
^

Just saying, don't take it for granted. Based on the reports, would not list trust it 100%. If things were not reported, it will never appear; or if repairs were done under the table like situation.
Agree, but this type of thing is rare on a new vehicle. If it were something horrible or salvage title threatening, the cost to fix it would be substantial and you would see a lot when looking at it in person. We go through this everyday.
Old 09-22-11, 10:16 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dackp143
Agree, but this type of thing is rare on a new vehicle. If it were something horrible or salvage title threatening, the cost to fix it would be substantial and you would see a lot when looking at it in person. We go through this everyday.
True. I was referring to like my case, only about 18-19K on the ODO. Bad part for the inspectors for not noticing! eek!

For brand new vehicle, yes of course - unless it gotten damaged from transport (whops!)
Old 09-22-11, 10:34 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

take care number 2 add ur own navi. someone posted an after market navi thread that looks oem and has more features like playing dvd vs the oem navi. Honestly it makes me wish I had bought mine without a navi and added the aftermarket one
Old 09-22-11, 10:42 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Listen, it cost $1700 for the Flyaudio head unit. Spend the extra $2k on a better car. Get one with the Nav so you will also have the perforated seats, HID's, and other luxury options. ITS WORTH IT. Don't settle for a car without Nav if you can help it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to buy a IS250...which one of these?