IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Holla if you HATE your local Dealer, of if they are just crooks.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 01:30 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh. Concord Lexus just called me with a "concern" as to why on their last survey I said "every time I bring my car there, there's damage or something happens, and at this point I'm afraid to ever bring it there again." Told him the only reason I brought it in there was because of convenience. I also told him on the first incident I didn't mention it on the survey because I figured everyone deserves a second chance.

Also mentioned that Magnussen Lexus was my preferred shop and he told me that they were ranked higher than them in service. I personally have NEVER had any bad experiences at Magnussen. NEVER.

After telling him what MY concerns were, he told me that he does x amount of cars per month and mine was one of those once in a while type things. Then I told him "But three times? And two of my friends who warned me told me of their damage too. I guess it's just a stroke of bad luck for me."

I don't think he liked that.

Oh and just for the record:

1. I brought the car in for a windshield seal warranty job and my car was scratched where it looked like they pried it off (even though I was told they would PULL it off). They tried to buff out the scratches but if you look, they are still there.

2. I brought it in for an oil change and there was a pen mark on my white leather that the guy could not remove. After trying for a good while he popped up his head and said it was not coming off. The advisor took the car somewhere and returned it clean of the pen mark. That was nearly a three hour oil change that I waited for. Also, during the oil change they check things just...ya know, to check things. I was at the doorway watching nd the guy working on my car was chatting with a buddy of his and was trying to put the F sport filter back in place. He wasn't looking and kept trying to shove it in. He finally got it in. I got the car home and went to check to make sure it was aligned right and four of those pop up clips were busted. And the filter wasn't aligned right.

3. Brought it in for warranty on the broken compass. Got the car back and the compass was not calibrated. Tried to follow instructions in manual for a few hours and it wouldn't work. Figured I really shouldn't have to be doing this so I brought it back right before closing. They fixed it.

Two of damage to my friend's car:

1. Cracked Wald Lip

2. Bad install on sway bar - was loose. I think the bolt was missing.

Last edited by Micaiah; 07-22-11 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-22-11, 02:35 PM
cloo7
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ i think some dealerships should not be in business at all...
Old 07-22-11, 03:49 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its situational, lexus of tampa bay treats me well but yes you pay a premium on having a service advisor, the free tsbs, the car washes, beverages, internet access, food, coffee, water bottles, and loaners. That stuff all costs money nothing is free. My SA has been working with me lately on pricing, i have prepaid service still so i dont pay except for when i did my brake job. Maybe asking for a different advisor is step one a good one will make things right for you if there is a mishap and not try to get you to do things you dont need.